The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tobh

tobh

Supporter
Yeah im not saying it would suffer. I'm just saying they don't get any stronger or more terpy, they just get bigger.
As long as the room is dialed in and maxed out for the amount of available Co2, it will reach it's potential in terms of quality.
THIS is what all new growers need to understand. CO2 isn't some magic panacea that will instantly make one's mid-grade suddenly the dankest of dank. If everything else is dialed, CO2 can be a great supplement to increase overall yield. That's it. It won't drag out terpenes from a poorly grown plant, it won't encourage more trichome coverage in a poorly controlled environment, it won't enable the plant to handle more stress in a combination of those two problems.

Like @PK1 would say. It's putting a turbo charger on a motor. If that motor has shitty internals, it's just going to create problems. However, if the bottom end is built, the fueling and porting are up to the task, then a turbo can increase numbers in a big way.

It's also such an expensive investment for everything that's needed to do it right, and there's zero reason a home grower should require CO2 supplementation. CO2 is for commercial croppers needing the most yield from an already severely depleted environment that could perform significantly better with it.

I say this from the position of a home grower that dreams of a sealed, automated room, and would 1000% run CO2 if I had all the other shit ready to actually see the benefits. So, there's that.

Moshmen

Moshmen

THIS is what all new growers need to understand. CO2 isn't some magic panacea that will instantly make one's mid-grade suddenly the dankest of dank. If everything else is dialed, CO2 can be a great supplement to increase overall yield. That's it. It won't drag out terpenes from a poorly grown plant, it won't encourage more trichome coverage in a poorly controlled environment, it won't enable the plant to handle more stress in a combination of those two problems.

Like @PK1 would say. It's putting a turbo charger on a motor. If that motor has shitty internals, it's just going to create problems. However, if the bottom end is built, the fueling and porting are up to the task, then a turbo can increase numbers in a big way.

It's also such an expensive investment for everything that's needed to do it right, and there's zero reason a home grower should require CO2 supplementation. CO2 is for commercial croppers needing the most yield from an already severely depleted environment that could perform significantly better with it.

I say this from the position of a home grower that dreams of a sealed, automated room, and would 1000% run CO2 if I had all the other shit ready to actually see the benefits. So, there's that.
I’m fairly new to this game if growin indoors and the amount of cash that can be spend benfore you even think about co2 is just crazy

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

I agree. Co2 just helps yield and faster growth. I believe It’s mainly all about genetic first and then everything else.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I'm going to answer this as soon as I get my scanner working again.
We did the Win 11 upgrade and I haven't re-connected everything yet.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

This is my lung room. The PVC is foil wrapped and peletier devices are connected to each pipe. They are very low voltage devices and will run on a 12v car battery. They cool the air flowing thru the PVC. As the air cools, it drops water, so the water runs down to the drip tray which can add back to your res, or pump to drain.
The CO2 5 gal bucket is inside the lung along with the air pump that runs the CO2.

The reason I only have the pipes on one side is because I'm planning this for two rooms, one on each side.

The front of the lung has a hot air exhaust fan up top to vent the heat from the tents, or it can be vented outside with zero smell or filtering necessary. Cool air enters the lung from the bottom of the lung.

CO2 Lung Room
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
This is my lung room. The PVC is foil wrapped and peletier devices are connected to each pipe. They are very low voltage devices and will run on a 12v car battery. They cool the air flowing thru the PVC. As the air cools, it drops water, so the water runs down to the drip tray which can add back to your res, or pump to drain.
The CO2 5 gal bucket is inside the lung along with the air pump that runs the CO2.

The reason I only have the pipes on one side is because I'm planning this for two rooms, one on each side.

The front of the lung has a hot air exhaust fan up top to vent the heat from the tents, or it can be vented outside with zero smell or filtering necessary. Cool air enters the lung from the bottom of the lung.
That's pretty interesting man, I can't say I've seen a system like it. How do you keep the 12v charged, just keep a trickle charger on it on a timer or something?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i was thinking to use one as a chiller and connect it to a pc power supply, but i haven't pulled the plug yet..
You still have to vent the heat. the device takes heat from one side and sends it to the other side, so what happens is one side gets hot and the other side gets cold. The cooler the hot side, the colder the cold side. The device operates in a range based on ambient temp. Lots of airflow is the answer.

Last edited:
PK1

PK1

Supporter

are you pushing the co2 through the pvc pipes? do you make that 5g co2? if so, how? cuz i thought you needed 3 bottles for DYI?

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

To adjust temps, put a rheostat on the power line to the peletiers. More juice, colder.
Hmmm... You could put a timed voltage controller on it to simulate day and night easily. How cold do you want it at night??

PK1

PK1

Supporter
The CO2 is sent from the 5 gallon bucket where it is made back to the lung exhaust to mix with the cooler air going into the grow room.

How is the CO2 made?

lol, i was super excited going away from air pumps. The noise those things make is insane.
I have a 90gallon aquaruim tank with live flowers and this is the quiet version :)

PK1

PK1

Supporter
depending on space you can go with big buckets to reduce the amount of days is needed to fill the mixture. Also, with couple pressure checkers you can easily micro manage the co2 to the best levels. Low cost on electricity and no air pumps

Top Bottom