The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

depending on space you can go with big buckets to reduce the amount of days is needed to fill the mixture. Also, with couple pressure checkers you can easily micro manage the co2 to the best levels. Low cost on electricity and no air pumps
You need the air pump because its what agitates the mix.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yup. Sugar, Yeast and water. Lasts about 2 weeks. Then you swap buckets.
I used to do the same thing back in the day when I had a small grow tent in my bedroom and a fermenting fridge beside it. Plumbed a hose from the bung over to the tent lol.
I had a new batch of beer going every couple weeks so it worked out well.

You should take up homebrewing if you're gonna go through the effort of fermenting anyways.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I used to do the same thing back in the day when I had a small grow tent in my bedroom and a fermenting fridge beside it. Plumbed a hose from the bung over to the tent lol.
I had a new batch of beer going every couple weeks so it worked out well.

You should take up homebrewing if you're gonna go through the effort of fermenting anyways.
I don't drink, but it could be useful anyway. Trade goods. Heh heh heh.

Hey @tobh! add CO2 and make your own beer at the same time!

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I don't drink, but it could be useful anyway. Trade goods. Heh heh heh.

Hey @tobh! add CO2 and make your own beer at the same time!
brewing beer is on the list of things to do, that's the whole reason i started growing crops. problem is, i have too much other shit going on in life right now to be trying to brew beer too. i still need to mix up a batch of agar and get this year's mushroom crops under way. can't do outdoor beds without tons of spawn. hoping for a ton of different oysters this year.

question for y'all, not relevant to this thread. i've been wanting to build an indoor NFT setup for growing herbs and lettuces. seeing some conflicting info on the ol google machine and was wondering if anyone has input on this simple question: pipes vs gutters for NFT?

reason i ask is i came across some literature saying something about the surface of the channels needs to be flat, not curved at all.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
brewing beer is on the list of things to do, that's the whole reason i started growing crops. problem is, i have too much other shit going on in life right now to be trying to brew beer too. i still need to mix up a batch of agar and get this year's mushroom crops under way. can't do outdoor beds without tons of spawn. hoping for a ton of different oysters this year.

question for y'all, not relevant to this thread. i've been wanting to build an indoor NFT setup for growing herbs and lettuces. seeing some conflicting info on the ol google machine and was wondering if anyone has input on this simple question: pipes vs gutters for NFT?

reason i ask is i came across some literature saying something about the surface of the channels needs to be flat, not curved at all.
gutter, and use foam to hold the plant

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

i guess it depends on the ingredients you use. Watch the video i posted
Whichever way you choose to do it is fine. My whole point here is to try and make CO2 easy and effective in a small space. In the process, I was able to get rid of other things like, big exhaust fans (optional), air con ($$$$$) and some other small things.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Up and down pipes.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You need the air pump because its what agitates the mix.
What is the wort made from? I've done a lot of fermenting over the years off all kinds of stuff, beer, wine, mead, shine. I'd think if anything the airstone would speed up fermentation substantially.
Primary fermentation usually only lasts about 3-5 days unless you ferment cold with a slowburner yeast like lager yeast. After that Co2 output drops significantly. Especially with simple sugars involved. More complex sugars can ferment longer, but heat and aeration is usually not good unless you want to ferment the sugars as fast as possible.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

I'd use gutters. A lot easier to clean as well as flat bottomed.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

What is the wort made from? I've done a lot of fermenting over the years off all kinds of stuff, beer, wine, mead, shine. I'd think if anything the airstone would speed up fermentation substantially.
Primary fermentation usually only lasts about 3-5 days unless you ferment cold with a slowburner yeast like lager yeast. After that Co2 output drops significantly. Especially with simple sugars involved. More complex sugars can ferment longer, but heat and aeration is usually not good unless you want to ferment the sugars as fast as possible.
You got me there. I've never brewed, although I do have an uncle that went to jail for it somewhere....
I'm operating on the info in that vid.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
A guy could probably brew and make CO2 and get 2 birds stoned kinda thing.
For what it’s worth, I hang a couple TNB naturals bottles, change the yeast/sugar in the bottle every 10-14 days. Cheap,

63974983 013D 4EB0 B1C3 BC11CAFFED6B
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
You got me there. I've never brewed, although I do have an uncle that went to jail for it somewhere....
I'm operating on the info in that vid.
I'd recommend ditching the heater and the airstone. You want to aerate it enough initially to develop an adequate cell count in your yeast colony, but once yeast gets going it switches to an anaerobic process. Ideally keep it around 60-65f if using a beer or winemaking yeast. 80 or so if using bread yeast.
I'd also add a cup of sugar to the mix every 3 days or so to keep fermentation going. It'll only stall once the byproducts build up enough that it cant respire properly. You could probably keep it burping for 10-14 days that way.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Dude. He made an apple jack that drank like kool-aid but kicked like a woman scorned.
sounds like some pineapple stuff i used to get from an old biker lady back home. shit was smooooth. had to watch it though, you'd be crawling around babbling incoherently if you dove in too deep. miss that lady, she gave me a coca plant once. unfortunately it didn't survive one of my many moves.
Sooo this is whatcha guyz do withOUT Adult-Supervision...🤔🙄😅🤣
hey now. we're stupervising each other just fine

Top Bottom