The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

sounds like some pineapple stuff i used to get from an old biker lady back home. shit was smooooth. had to watch it though, you'd be crawling around babbling incoherently if you dove in too deep. miss that lady, she gave me a coca plant once. unfortunately it didn't survive one of my many moves.

hey now. we're stupervising each other just fine
Stupidvisor Alert! Everyone look busy!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My #1 all time favourite driving song. I should say speeding down the highway in a snowstorm in the middle of the night song. Lol. There is a story. Not gonna tell it. But this was the soundtrack.

The breakdown at 2:18 is the most driving beat I've ever peaked to lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
the chick in this one always made me bite my knuckles. so fuckin hot, even if she was scandalous lol

and this... used to play this in college. played the shit out of this song. first set of solos for lead guitar i learned. fuckin great song.
It is, I take it you've heard the original?

I'm almost always partial to originals

tobh

tobh

Supporter
My #1 all time favourite driving song. I should say speeding down the highway in a snowstorm in the middle of the night song. Lol. There is a story. Not gonna tell it. But this was the soundtrack.

The breakdown at 2:18 is the most driving beat I've ever peaked to lol.

and this... this is definitely one of the greatest albums produced in the past 30 years. Muse as a whole were (are) a great group. the sound was different during this era. i wonder what happened. either age or just not paying enough attention with Spotify at the wheel to hear new talent that's of such a caliber.

read somewhere about a decade ago that said after 35 you'll never hear another new song. everything you listen to will be what you've listened to all your life. fearing that time is coming now man. nothing has really hit me personally with the same kind of excitement, the same kind of awe shit did through the teens and 20s.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
and this... this is definitely one of the greatest albums produced in the past 30 years. Muse as a whole were (are) a great group. the sound was different during this era. i wonder what happened. either age or just not paying enough attention with Spotify at the wheel to hear new talent that's of such a caliber.

read somewhere about a decade ago that said after 35 you'll never hear another new song. everything you listen to will be what you've listened to all your life. fearing that time is coming now man. nothing has really hit me personally with the same kind of excitement, the same kind of awe shit did through the teens and 20s.
Music is dying a slow death it seems. There are still amazing musicians out there, but the industry has turned into a steamy pile of shit.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

We listen to new stuff. Rarely do we like any of it, but we at least give it a shot.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
It is, I take it you've heard the original?

I'm almost always partial to originals
i have. the dude that taught me to play guitar, he was an old B class bar band player. Fuckin brilliant musician but was heavy into base in his hayday so he didn't really ever take off like the rockstar he wanted to be. he made sure if he heard of a cover, he showed the original, and taught the one that was easier for a new set of hands to play. 311 did a damn good job.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i have. the dude that taught me to play guitar, he was an old B class bar band player. Fuckin brilliant musician but was heavy into base in his hayday so he didn't really ever take off like the rockstar he wanted to be. he made sure if he heard of a cover, he showed the original, and taught the one that was easier for a new set of hands to play. 311 did a damn good job.
Give this one a listen @tobh while we're on about remakes. This DJ dude from Victoria BC was one of the few people Gotye authorized to publish a remake of this tune. Fuckin smashes the original imho.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Give this one a listen @tobh while we're on about remakes. This DJ dude from Victoria BC was one of the few people Gotye authorized to publish a remake of this tune. Fuckin smashes the original imho.

my ex used to sing this song to my best friend. it was a running joke they had between themselves. was a powerful original for sure, but this.. this is good.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
And this fuckin classic. I'd always wanted to be a firefighter growing up (think I was one in a past life too but that's another story 🤣), and this song and video had always struck me. Had a great time at Saint Mary's University in Halifax on a floor party in the common room once, everyone on shrooms I'd sold them. This song just pumping. Never forget it.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
And this fuckin classic. I'd always wanted to be a firefighter growing up (think I was one in a past life too but that's another story 🤣), and this song and video had always struck me. Had a great time at Saint Mary's University in Halifax on a floor party in the common room once, everyone on shrooms I'd sold them. This song just pumping. Never forget it.

two things. one, when i was my daughter's age i wanted to be the siren on a fire truck. didn't realize there was an airhorn that made the sound lol. second, i went to a rave on 50 grams fresh with a buddy one night. Legit called someone to pick us up because fuck no. Frying with a ton of people rolling on pressed pills was a terrible idea. never did that again lol fuckin amazing track though. DJs now wish they could create bangers like this. However...

this DJ, i_o, was going to blow the top off what american techno has become. he passed away last year. i'm still pretty upset about that. he was a phenomenal producer, DJ, and musician.

tobh

tobh

Supporter

this was a set he did during the initial lockdowns. last time i saw him perform. but he plays some of his dirtiest, heaviest shit. 1000% drug induced, let's get fuckin high and rage shit. resonated with this cat a lot.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

this was a set he did during the initial lockdowns. last time i saw him perform. but he plays some of his dirtiest, heaviest shit. 1000% drug induced, let's get fuckin high and rage shit. resonated with this cat a lot.
Nice dude, I love this shit now. I'll admit I hated it for a long time though. I'm a metal head, classic rock kinda guy from fuckin Nova Scotia. When I moved out west i found almost nobody listens to metal out here, but everyone's a fucking DJ haha. Had to listen to a lot of my buddies play with turntables. It really made me appreciate when someone is good at it hahahaha. Now it's my working music.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Nice dude, I love this shit now. I'll admit I hated it for a long time though. I'm a metal head, classic rock kinda guy from fuckin Nova Scotia. When I moved out west nobody listens to metal, but everyone's a fucking DJ haha. Had to listen to a lot of my buddies play with turntables. It really made me appreciate when someone is good at it hahahaha. Now it's my working music.
i discovered i_o while working. that's where i find what i consider good music. simple metric: if it makes me pull up spotify and throw it on a playlist, i take note of the name and dig deeper when i'm not in flow. this guy literally stopped me in my tracks. granted, it was a time i was dropping MDMA probably two or three times a month, so i was looking for shit that would take those feels to another level. he did that in spades.

heavy trance, deep house, early techno vibes. really considered how he mixed his sounds. drove the highs he knew his crowd was on, didn't let them ebb and flow. he was in full control of the experience.

kinda like what i've heard metallica does at their shows. they run the shit. you go for the experience. not to hear the same shit you've heard a thousand times. you're there to experience what it is.

same background. i was a goth in high school, got into post hardcore and black metal in college. then, something happened and this kinda shit started to hit differently. wasn't annoying anymore, but it had feeling if that makes sense.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Ok, the name of our group is "Deaf Deerhunters".
We are a cover band but we do an occasional comedy original like Dr. Hook.
I'll play rhythm and fill on accoustic.
@tobh, you can play drums. If that's too much, you get a tamborine.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Well, I'm on the edge of my seat lol. I'll try to not fuck it up.

Same, I had it for years but never used it out of concerns over the high ratio and didn't want to burn plants.
I am in my last two weeks of flower myself using "Humbolt Big Up" powder which 22 P 33K, 1 of my gals is very dank with pinene a bicyclic monoterpine,the other gal I have grown before and I have a clone of it going as well, I feel the stress of Harvest approching, looking for cloudy trikes and readying for flush. SS

Latest posts

Top Bottom