The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SSgrower

SSgrower

Well, I'm on the edge of my seat lol. I'll try to not fuck it up.

Same, I had it for years but never used it out of concerns over the high ratio and didn't want to burn plants.
I am in my last two weeks of flower myself using "Humbolt Big Up" powder which 22 P 33K, 1 of my gals is very dank with pinene a bicyclic monoterpine,the other gal I have grown before and I have a clone of it going as well, I feel the stress of Harvest approching, looking for cloudy trikes and readying for flush. SS

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Oh shit! Do you see what I see?
20220124 191017

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
the genetics you run are insane. seeing this harvest going through drying i'm thinking, yeah, despite the fuck up it's not a terrible result. but these pics are just... fuck man. way to make a man question his manhood lol
I've always said, genetics is the most important variable. I'm truely blessed to live where I do and know who I know. The broken coast chain of islands in BC has been sort of an epicenter for weed growing in Canada for nearly 50 years and I'm good friends with a lot of professional growers, and a couple extremely talented phenohunters. And I mean theyre fairly large scale. Hunting for a good strain to grow has never been a problem for me. I can often just go to my buddies place and grab a dozen 1g samples to try and pick one lol. But most of the time he's just like here.. you want this. Trust me. And he never let's me down.

Once he moves away in the spring I still have a few connections to tap for genetics, but its not really the same caliber as my close friends strains.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I've always said, genetics is the most important variable. I'm truely blessed to live where I do and know who I know. The broken coast chain of islands in BC has been sort of an epicenter for weed growing in Canada for nearly 50 years and I'm good friends with a lot of professional growers, and a couple extremely talented phenohunters. And I mean theyre fairly large scale. Hunting for a good strain to grow has never been a problem for me. I can often just go to my buddies place and grab a dozen 1g samples to try and pick one lol. But most of the time he's just like here.. you want this. Trust me. And he never let's me down.

Once he moves away in the spring I still have a few connections to tap for genetics, but its not really the same caliber as my close friends strains.
i see it and know it. i'll likely kill off the other mom of this strain. i'm just not like "wow, i need to hold onto this" ya know. even the sample bud i've smoked wasn't terribly impressive. it didn't help the anxiety or stress, nor did it induce the "oh shit" feeling i've had from other shit i've grown or picked up from the dispensary. it's not even terribly pretty imo. especially held up next to the shit you post. jury is still out for post-cure smoke though. depending what that shows might change my mind. and with cat shit in the garage, well... opinions might shift lol gonna be a big lift though.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
i see it and know it. i'll likely kill off the other mom of this strain. i'm just not like "wow, i need to hold onto this" ya know. even the sample bud i've smoked wasn't terribly impressive. it didn't help the anxiety or stress, nor did it induce the "oh shit" feeling i've had from other shit i've grown or picked up from the dispensary. it's not even terribly pretty imo. especially held up next to the shit you post. jury is still out for post-cure smoke though. depending what that shows might change my mind. and with cat shit in the garage, well... opinions might shift lol gonna be a big lift though.
I'll be honest, most times I grow from seed I'm disappointed. I've been spoiled.
My friend will sometimes sprout literally thousands of seeds and only keep a handful of plants. He estimates that true keepers emerge about 1 in 1000 plants on average but some breeders have better odds and more stabilized traits. He is a big fan of Thug Pug, Sin City and archive for modern strain breeders. But he's got an unholy collection of seeds that he's collected from breeders for the last 20+years.
Not to say 999/1000 is crap, just that very few tick ALL the boxes. Pest resistance, Bag appeal, yield, ease of growth, aroma, flavour, effects, stability. A lot of plants will have some or most, but few hit the mark on all.
His cuts end up in some breathtakingly enormous grow rooms, and he doesn't fuck around.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
He estimates that true keepers emerge about 1 in 1000 plants on average
to have the opportunity to do a phenohunt on that scale... that's really where you find the gems. the shit that gets branded elite. truly elite. not like 2002 OG Kush that would hermie with a pinhole light leak. but, elite -- checks every single box and produces the highest grade top shelf without a hitch and despite mistreatment.

dreams man.

tobh

tobh

Supporter

in college, had a buddy that would come by and we'd cruise around blazing out of a proto pipe (who remembers those) and jam the mars volta. shame i lost contact with this cat. after a night of acid he apparently had some life relevations, packed up his drumset from where our band practiced and disappeared. can't find the cat now. but appreciate dude for showing me this group. they are damn good.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
to have the opportunity to do a phenohunt on that scale... that's really where you find the gems. the shit that gets branded elite. truly elite. not like 2002 OG Kush that would hermie with a pinhole light leak. but, elite -- checks every single box and produces the highest grade top shelf without a hitch and despite mistreatment.

dreams man.
Exactly. And he considers himself small scale. He's always telling me about other dudes that are big in the industry that crack tens of thousands in a run and might only keep one, or none.
Strains he specifically has hunted can be found at almost every legal weed shop in Canada. And they're almost always the most expensive. But they all got it from the Black market when ACMPR switched to LP's.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

in college, had a buddy that would come by and we'd cruise around blazing out of a proto pipe (who remembers those) and jam the mars volta. shame i lost contact with this cat. after a night of acid he apparently had some life relevations, packed up his drumset from where our band practiced and disappeared. can't find the cat now. but appreciate dude for showing me this group. they are damn good.
Fuck yes!

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
At the Drive in, Mars Volta and Sparta.. seen them all! Saw Sparta at the commodore too. What a fantastic venue that is. I sure hope they do away with the commie papers check someday so I can see another show there.

This was fucking phenomenal Live. It also happens to be fucking phenomenal played LOUD.

These lyrics punch me right in the cockles

tobh

tobh

Supporter
might take the leap and make the executive decision to drop a tab one of these days. have been holding onto some i got from a friend last year. after the journey in december, i think i'm ready. or prepared enough.

throw on some volta and sparta through the ear buds and wander around for a while. go find a park and get lost. december wasn't enough. the wave has crashed back in spades.

Observationist

Observationist

throw on some volta and sparta through the ear buds and wander around for a while. go find a park and get lost. december wasn't enough. the wave has crashed back in spades.

What’s left of 2 blue gel tabs, that’s gold leaf paper, been picking at for microdoses

Top Bottom