The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Fearist

You forgot to add ( “IMOP”) :)
Find me the road kill skunk, that might change your mind.
But..................Thats a hole different conversation.
Road kill Skunk is amazing weed. A friend of mine who owns a grow shop here in UK went to a World expo held in California couple of years ago and he met the guy from DNA seeds who gave him some samples and I got the 8 RKS seeds. All popped , was a joy to grow and even better to blaze. Wish I’d mothered one as I’ve never found any more seeds for sale

F

Fearist

Im hunting for it now. Between Duke diamond and Swami seeds, it’s there.
DNA seeds have a good version of RKS in their back catalogue but haven’t seen it released for couple of years. When my mate came round to get a smoke , the bus driver chucked him off the bus because the double zip bagged RKS stench was too offensive for the driver! He always asks after it . Great strain , top 3 of all time

F

Fearist

I think DNA 🧬 bred RKS which you sometimes see called Really Killer Skunk by other seed sellers . Just checked the dna website and see they are selling it again and it’s on sale. It’s only 60% Sativa which always surprises me as it has the characteristics of a 80%> Sativa + . Nicely made quick advert/film about DNA on the RKS page https://dnagenetics.com/r-k-s.html . Going to grab me some of them pips right now . They are a must have in the seed bank for me. I’ll probably try and find a pheno worthy of motherhood this time . Been reading up on growing Bonsai yes not fucking Bosnia mother-auto text piece of shit. Bonsai badass mums are the way to go , I can keep 4-6 in my mother&baby tent (2pt with shelf in 2nd compartment) 80x100cm if I stunt em as much as they do in the article I read . I also read about stress on old mothers can degrade the genetics 🧬 without any real visible signs until the clones taken from the offending mum are flowered , only when dry n cured does the grower realise that the clones are duds and the bud is often tasteless, low THC , flavonoids terpenes etc . A few of the classics suffered this genetic breakdown apparently, exodus cheese and I think ....OG kush! Lol 😂. I’ll post the article if I can find it again. I recon Bonsaing a mum would stress the genetics out of it after a few years?

shaganja

shaganja

So cats in 1998 talking about the soaring high of the pure nepalese .... maybe bodhi's nepali kush should be looked into more, no ???? not many of those cuts on the boards today & only a few spoke about her in the early icmag / og kush days .....

Has bodhi ever posted pictures of his nepali kush online ..... ????
Reeferman has a Nepal too. He used it on the Willie nelson/black Willie.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I think DNA 🧬 bred RKS which you sometimes see called Really Killer Skunk by other seed sellers . Just checked the dna website and see they are selling it again and it’s on sale. It’s only 60% Sativa which always surprises me as it has the characteristics of a 80%> Sativa + . Nicely made quick advert/film about DNA on the RKS page https://dnagenetics.com/r-k-s.html . Going to grab me some of them pips right now . They are a must have in the seed bank for me. I’ll probably try and find a pheno worthy of motherhood this time . Been reading up on growing Bonsai yes not fucking Bosnia mother-auto text piece of shit. Bonsai badass mums are the way to go , I can keep 4-6 in my mother&baby tent (2pt with shelf in 2nd compartment) 80x100cm if I stunt em as much as they do in the article I read . I also read about stress on old mothers can degrade the genetics 🧬 without any real visible signs until the clones taken from the offending mum are flowered , only when dry n cured does the grower realise that the clones are duds and the bud is often tasteless, low THC , flavonoids terpenes etc . A few of the classics suffered this genetic breakdown apparently, exodus cheese and I think ....OG kush! Lol 😂. I’ll post the article if I can find it again. I recon Bonsaing a mum would stress the genetics out of it after a few years?
DNA never bred roadkill skunk, it was likely bred way before don and Arron were born. They used the name in a variety but sadly it’s not the goat that many people are hunting for.

shaganja

shaganja

alright guys and girls, i tend to believe og came from florida. not because of anything ive read so far. but because of the florida sun and the distance to the equator. the black haze from miami is said to be wicked! some stories point to the piff coming from miami. the triangle kush also said to come from miami bag seed. thcv imvho comes from florida outdoor. and it only shows up on thcv carriers. the thai carries it. hindu kush carries it. if its pine tar, it looks pretty sativa also. i believe there is certain ratio of thcv to cbd and thc that creates great feeling og kush gives. i feel the same for other very popular strains. if you break em down, you can see the thcv carriers. blue dream, thai from the haze. cookies, durban poison, and kush. i am a cook and am seeing a recipe. thcv will be the next big cannabinoid!! move over cbd.....

shaganja

shaganja

@hemp xxx...key to your secondary point is the market. is a large enough segment of the market willing to cover the higher expenses associated with growing 10-16 week varieties? what would 1/8 donations in a medical setting or 1/8 prices in a recreational/full retail need to be to cover the extra 25% to 50% of time that the flowering cycle would take on these varieties? there was a period of time in LA when 1/8oz og donations were in the 75 and 80 dollar range which was partially due to the fact that the growing techniques of that era only provided for a 1lb per light average. now in the era of the 25-50 dollar 1/8, will the market go back to paying higher than current cap for a more fine tuned product? just wanted to hear some opinions on this
So far OG Kush is a bag seed from Florida in the early 90's.

What was those buds that originated the seeds? No one can tell.

Some said it's from the crippy, well my lil investigation have shown me that the crippy I saw have nothing to do with the Original Kush.

Now I have a few questions for Big Ricky but he ain't answering. Is TK as old as he claim it to be?

If TK was a breeding project done in Florida in the late 80's, then they would of been plenty of seeds. Which lead me to think many OG clones phenos could of been from that project... And the Ghost cut could of been a bag seeds from buds originated from the TK breeding project. Still how many chance there's is for that to happen? Probably not even one...

Funny how Kailua Kid bullshit story about OG Kush lineage, match the same breeding line as Big Ricky story about the TK lineage. Both mentioned Lemon Thai and Paki strain... KK is the first to mention LT and Paki, long before BR came with his TK story. PPL in the know, told me KK story is bullshit, if so, what if BR story is bullshit too then?

KK OG Kush lienage:
Chemdog 91 x (Lemon Thai x OW Paki Kush)

BR TK Lineage
Lemon Thai x Indu Kush x Pakistan

So far other than from BR, we have no prove that the TK is really from late 80's. According to Nspecta, he have sources that let him know that they knew TK since 97/98 in the swamp. Still far from 1988...

Only Matt and Josh story have proven to be true so far. All the other people claiming they have a cut from way back when blabla, can't bring no external sources to back their claims.

The only reasons why a lot of OG clones popped out in Cali around 97 to the 2000's, are this:

1) The clone Matt brought from the swamp was highly requested, so Matt and Josh got top dollars for it. Clones when out and female seeds where made.

2) People as ORGNKID sold a lot of fem beans in the 2000's, people bag seeds too, this brought new clones again.

3) People giving all sorts of name to the same clone, renaming it over and over, to the point people think they are different cuts that grow almost the same.

So far the top 3 strains out of USA are all from bag seeds.
OG Kush bag seeds from Florida
Chemdog 91 bag seeds from Oregon.
Sour Diesel some kind of bag seeds too, from NYC.

We have to reconsider hermie plants and accidental breeding I guess...
yes. cookie is a hermie too! lol

Eddiemunny48

Eddiemunny48

Does anyone have an honest opinion on Florida og by dna? Just curious as I’m running it. Gimmick or real deal?

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Does anyone have an honest opinion on Florida og by dna? Just curious as I’m running it. Gimmick or real deal?
That is very tough to say; DNA have been working with OG for a while, at least 15 years. Somehow this is the first time they are releasing the Florida OG, which according to them is the clone only version they reversed to make seeds (or at least that is what I can tell from their available info on the seeds). So my real question is what OG were they working with before and why are they releasing the Florida OG now and not 10 years ago?

I know that before the last few years OG was said to be a Cali variety. Ol;y in the last few yeas has there really been any talk about it coming out of Florida. So at a certain level I do wonder if the guys at DNA are just trying to capitalize on the Florida story and are releasing the OG cut they have had all this time in a seed form and calling it something new. Even if this is the case it doesn't mean that the variety is bad, just something they have had all along and are now capitalizing on a new story to reinvigorate they hype.

shaganja

shaganja

I have a cut of Rezdog sour diesel IBL that is spot on ECSD, people who don't know they are two different cut, swear it's same one.

When Swerve came and added the Asshole Joe tag to the SD, many started to think that it was a new old cut coming up to the scene. This brought confusion as in fact it was just the ECSD. Now UNITED is correct, there's the DHK cut, which is not ECSD, and I highly doubt this is from Rezdog, but it is know as a Sour Diesel familly too.

From what I understand there's many Original Diesel clones around, which is Chemdog 91 x Nothern Light, maybe some of those got renamed Sour Diesel too, but it's just speculation from me. People could have switched from Underdog to Diesel or Sour Diesel tags cause those name brought top dollars.

In NYC top buds were often called Diesel. Even the Chemdog 91 was renamed Diesel when it reached the city. Diesel, Original Diesel, Sour Diesel and New York City Diesel. I don't know where does the DHK cut fit in here...

Soma's cut could be a different pheno, yet still from Weasel seeds or cut selection, who knows... But on a hundred plants selection u get all sorts of phenos, one could of came out more grappy and reddish...

Some suggested that the OG could be Pakistan landrace. They said that in Pakistan strains, burned rubber fuely phenos are highly present. Anyone with knowledge of Pakistan landrace strains here could shine some light maybe...
balkhi. real seed company. burned rubber part of description. an afgan plant.

Eddiemunny48

Eddiemunny48

That is very tough to say; DNA have been working with OG for a while, at least 15 years. Somehow this is the first time they are releasing the Florida OG, which according to them is the clone only version they reversed to make seeds (or at least that is what I can tell from their available info on the seeds). So my real question is what OG were they working with before and why are they releasing the Florida OG now and not 10 years ago?

I know that before the last few years OG was said to be a Cali variety. Ol;y in the last few yeas has there really been any talk about it coming out of Florida. So at a certain level I do wonder if the guys at DNA are just trying to capitalize on the Florida story and are releasing the OG cut they have had all this time in a seed form and calling it something new. Even if this is the case it doesn't mean that the variety is bad, just something they have had all along and are now capitalizing on a new story to reinvigorate they hype.
I read elsewhere that dna got their cut from cookies fam. The flog that is.

T

tenacious

Supporter
in turn I got that since he wont break the law to do any breeding he wont use his parental stock to recreate the ogkush and put the mystery to rest.

i should have used breed in place of where i said grow.

Aksarben

Aksarben

Last summer (2019) I grew some OG Kush Auto. I really like it, but how far off do you reckon it is compared to the Ocean Grown Kush of yesterday? Grew very nice with great resinous buds.

shaganja

shaganja

If all goes well, this summer's run will have sensi's maple leaf outside, (the sweet carmel/maple smell) and Anesia seeds purple Thai inside. (Description says citrus and lemon.) That winter we will run that with Tom hills pine tar kush. Then we will hunt! In Michigan's upper peninsula. We will call it yooper og, or u.p. kush. Screw strain slappin, let's make one from scratch!! Thanx thc farmer!

sgtPeppercorn

sgtPeppercorn

about time they fixed the uploading problem.. was going through it the last month.
Very True. We're very deterministic. Seems like we always want to break everything down into tiny pieces thinking that if we do we'll understand more. The Lily pad made the frog. A holistic viewpoint takes into account the whole process.

SinCity

SinCity

Not gonna act like I know it all but if an f13 would have “literally” zero vigor then we need to figure out how to explain land races....

They do just fine with survival, inbreeding on their own. Land races are probably at F10,000 lol

Please school us.

Sexual and asexual reproduction is a fascinating subject 🌹

SinCity

SinCity

So out of this need to grow cannabis locally Thai strain crosses with afghani kushes created the different skunk like og kush like cannabis cannabis we saw in late eighties to early 90’s. they are the children of the perfected genetics of landrace strains. And that’s why og kush and those skunk like weeds are special. They are the first generation of the most perfected cannabis that was bread for thousands of years in those regions of the world. Take 📝

Another of my favorite subjects: the centuries-long history of flower breeding in Holland.🌷

Top Bottom