The QB does the Bubba x OG

• Thread starter QuarterbackMo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
IMO those are full on pods...staminate clusters. Thats a herm all right. Most people think of herms as female pistillate flowers with stamen anthers "nanners" as they look similar to a banana but they often only show random nanners here and there throughout the buds. You look to have full on "clusters". Those can eventually open up, be full of stamen or male nanners and potenially drop lots pollen. I'm no biologist and not sure if all my terminology is correct but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... There are some real knowledgeable members on this site...Hope this helps. Peace

ETA: Guess I was way slow with my response...eating lunch between posts

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

IMO those are full on pods...staminate clusters. Thats a herm all right. Most people think of herms as female pistillate flowers with stamen anthers "nanners" as they look similar to a banana but they often only show random nanners here and there throughout the buds. You look to have full on "clusters". Those can eventually open up, be full of stamen or male nanners and potenially drop lots pollen. I'm no biologist and not sure if all my terminology is correct but I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong... There are some real knowledgeable members on this site...Hope this helps. Peace

ETA: Guess I was way slow with my response...eating lunch between posts

Its all good bro better late then never :)

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I just got done thoroughly going up and down both plant #1's and literally just picked off at least 200 male flower sites. These bitches were full blown hermies there were male flowers at every single inter node except maybe 2 on the very top of the plant. I'm hoping there done putting them out I think I picked them off at a good time cuz everything appears to be pretty much set for the rest of the round. They will be getting inspected daily for anything that even looks like a pollen pod from now until I chop them down on some real shit. I'm kinda disappointed I got a hermie pheno its kinda discouraging when it comes to popping the rest of them... what if 1/3 of all the rest are hermies too? I just hope the bud comes out good so my spirits can get picked back up...it looks like its got potential so far we will see hopefully I can find a keeper.

My bubba before this wasn't a big yielder and because I knew this bubba og was and it was coming from the doc I just went all out and ran it. Next seed I pop of this is getting its own light and own room I ain't got time for seeds that shit would break my heart. I should have did it like that in the first place but I wanted that big yield of some shit that was cracked out like the bubba so bad I just jumped the gun and went all in. Good thing I didn't kill bubba off cuz if these don't work out I can always rely on old faithful to come through for me again :) man I want that big yield though... sorry about the rant but I needed to vent lol.

highersolutions

highersolutions

Premium Member
Supporter
^ Its all good bro...its your thread go ahead and Vent!!! Trust me I know how discouraging full blown herms are, they can be a huge set back. I also have gone all in with new genetics and had it come back and bite me in the ass but I learnd a lot in doing so. Never again. Sounds like your on top of it though and hopefuly you will be able to catch anything new if it pops up.

I know the Bubba isn't a huge yielder or fast/vigorous in veg but I would keep her around if I were you...hard to beat the original.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

inunderstand too

i was given a bubba s1 8yrs ago

from seed i stressed it..

it bhad pods at the internodes ipicked em off and that was ok
the clone never didiit

the white fire had more male pods i had to do it fora while too it was the only one i had i had to take the odd one off for a while
the clone from it was ok
it happens..its been very rare with me and i have had none from any of docs s1's
but what can will will happen..especially if there is some stress.
don't take it to heart ..growing into the light etc didn't help it
just look out for them and take a clone of the non inter sex ones

the doc bubba /og grow on another site was without male pods and the person said it was the best herb he'd had
i just grew one out side this year and it stayed straight
it was good enough stuff..as it should be ..considering the parents.
p.s i have had more problems with male/female seeds than s1's
if that clone plant does it i'd think about eliminating it.

all the best ..thats gardening
That other grow your talking about did come with seeds dr.g pm'd me about a month ago and said he found some seeds and to be on the lookout. I was bummed when I saw this shit on mine.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

You guys ain't gonna believe this shit... I just found out why my plants look so pissed off this week they look like shit with burns and spots everywhere right. I thought it was mg def like DS said which I did have I believe but the reason for my burns and spots just became 1000% clear... I noticed the co2 burners were on for an awfully long time when I was just meditating with my plants... I look to the side of the unit the light was off... I look inside the unit the burners were on full blast! THE FUCKING THING HAS BEEN RUNNING NON STOP!!! I go check my sentinel min and max ppm the max ppm it recorded since the last time I reset it 3 weeks ago was 2915!!!! That explains the burns and spots all day long... Tomorrow is a definite trip to the grow shop they better change this piece of shit out with no problems man this fucking generator could have killed me literally and my plants. I'm kinda shaky right now that's kind of scary... Till the next time friends peace out.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Ok everybody its update time... this is week 4 and everything is back on track again thank god. These bitches are back to being happy again, looks like epsom was the answer. Co2 is back in order everything is good. I also found a tutorial on this site and tried out some new photography techniques. The one I like the best was the most simple. Put a piece of cardboard over the branch to block the light and shoot it was really that simple. The other ones are with the red curve adjusted in photoshop they are actually pretty accurate. I like the cardboard method the best though. Anyways people lets start this.

This is shim tranny plant #1 after getting its balls cut off its flowering good and frosty but I killed its mom fuck this thing I don't want trannys in my garden.

Trannybud

Plant #2 my pride and joy so far :) I love this thing this is definitely gonna be the keeper. It likes to eat, tolerant to stress, and obviously the biggest yielder and it has a funk to it. Not only that but surprisingly it was the one that stretched the least. All of my #2 plants are beautiful I am definitely declaring this one the early winner.

Plant2goodbud

Week42

Week43 copy

Week4

Plant 3 has the most sour smell ever... Unfortunately its a piece of shit from a growers perspective. It can't take a beating, its leaves are all fucked up, it stretched the most, its got the smallest buds and its sativa dom... I'm guessing this is my og pheno. I still got its mom just incase this shit turns out so good I can't help but to keep it. Here is a pic of it though...

Plant3bud

Here is a shot from the ground so you can get an idea of the size of these plants...

Groundup

Group shots...

Frontgroup

The back half of my screen you cant see...

Backscreen

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Another plant 2 top this is from the plant 2 in the back I love it :yes
Plant2farside

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nicely done bud! I really began to appreciate photography once I starting taking more photos of my plants... If your camera has a custom White Balance setting, you can use a piece of white paper and hold at arm's length under the HPS to set the custom white meter, which will reduce the yellow glare of the HPS in photos taken without the flash... For my lights out shots I set my camera's white meter to the preset day function and use the flash. One of these days I'll upgrade to a DLSR though... :thinking

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Nicely done bud! I really began to appreciate photography once I starting taking more photos of my plants... If your camera has a custom White Balance setting, you can use a piece of white paper and hold at arm's length under the HPS to set the custom white meter, which will reduce the yellow glare of the HPS in photos taken without the flash... For my lights out shots I set my camera's white meter to the preset day function and use the flash. One of these days I'll upgrade to a DLSR though... :thinking

Yeah the bug is getting me bro :) I been looking at dlsr's all night. All these photos from day 1 have been off an iPhone 4 camera so I don't have the luxury of a white balance option for some reason which is dumb but it is what it is. I been watching photoshop tutorials about how to edit RAW images. I think I'm gonna go grab a sweet dlsr and really get to doing this shit it is becoming a more frequent hobby :yes

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Right on! I was doing some research as well for the last couple of months... I don't need a high end DSLR, but I was looking at either a Nikon or more recently a Canon Rebel T3i for around 8 bills... Then I saw how much a macro lens costs at 5 bills and almost fell outta my seat... :scared0016:

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Right on! I was doing some research as well for the last couple of months... I don't need a high end DSLR, but I was looking at either a Nikon or more recently a Canon Rebel T3i for around 8 bills... Then I saw how much a macro lens costs at 5 bills and almost fell outta my seat... :scared0016:

lol @ the :scared0016: yeah thats the range I was looking at I'm not trying to spend 7 g's photography ain't my game like that lol

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Its beginning to look a lot like winter in here... Jack frost is nipping at their nose :yes :)

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

End of week 4... its starting to look like something now :)

Bubbaogweek4

The party has started for sure
:party0023:

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

Update... My homeboys #1 plants all hermied too and his have not seen the stresses mine have they are all perfect as far as looks and health go. I guess #1 was a bad apple.

H

hogan400

QB,
Plants look really nice and your color is good. I just cant seem to get mine to green up as well. Im running several dif strains, prob why.. You are doing a great job.

N

norcal

Looking great- interested to see the turnout of the phenos! Bubba and OG, how could you go wrong?

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Now that's what I'm talking about! Killin' it FTW! Sick work brah... :rock

Top Bottom