• Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Ok this is where I'm at.
I've got 5 of the Vagos skunk,
4 Bruce Banner and,
3 Noble Skunk.
Second round of germination, I didn't make it home in time to water the first batch of 12 and lost 9.
The 3 larger ones are those survivors.
They are 6 days older.
I got 95% germination even from the 2 year old NS!
Anyhow, this is our next generation.

20200208 062619
20200208 062554
20200208 062654
maximusluminous

maximusluminous

Howdy all, I've been creeping around here for awhile and finally registered recently.
So,,,, im not a new grower by any stretch, been doin it since the early 70's in Cali.
Any of you old guys (gals) remember growing under T12's?
Anyhow, I started a thread in the wrong sub forum about my grow and want to begin here now even though I'm 5 weeks into my Skunk #1 grow.
I really love some of the old Mexican we used to get when it was good and then in the 80's when the first Skunks started to show up from domestic farmers, oh it was so good.
I do like the older strains, the smells and flavors were, well delicious.
I really hate the 15 minute Buzz from the dispensary "kind" offerings.
So this will be my grow diary, I usually don't do the newest and greatest strains because, well I've not been real impressed.
Maybe it's because I'm old? I can't get the "high" anymore?
No, I guess I just like the old genetics.

5 weeks into my organic indoor grow.

I grew sk#1 from a holland seed bank years ago (2000 ish), was unimpressed with the level of "skunk" smell they produced, they were much like you described, I think piney & earthy with a hint of skunk is how I would classify it. A couple years before that (1999) I grew some sensi skunk (Sensi's house skunk) was also unimpressed with the level of skunk smell. But I grew out a male of it & used it to pollinate a kyber kush strain we already had that tasted killer, very skunk & black liquorish tasting. Some of the crosses were very very skunk like & turned out killer. I had maybe 1000 seeds from that cross put up but by like 2006 none would sprout.. crap! I am with you on liking the old school strains such as the real deal skunk! Lots of these hybreds are kinda crappy IMO, way too much mixed up genetics!

Nobody116

Nobody116

It's there, hiding in the genetics. It will take time to find, just keep breeding the best and crossing with any you can find from the skunk lines. It's a journey worth the time and would make you rich to boot.😉
It's like trying to find a true Bubblegum. Supposedly its a 1:10 ratio. But there's no guarantee there's one in your 10 pack ;)

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Look what Mendel did with peas. Just takes time. I produced a black angel fish with an emerald face, not because I was or am an expert in genetics but because I saw something I liked and bread for it. Took about 5 years but was worth it. Now if I can cross some large flower genetics into my Chemgopher within the next 5 years as well as produce Chemgopher autos I'd be happy.

Now if you ever do find that Skunky Skunk be sure to put me on your seed sale list!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Well, expecting snow again.
It's ok though I have plenty to do inside.
4 days ago I put 44g flower in 750ml 190 proof and put in freezer.
This morning I just poured it into my MB machine and I'm running it at 130* for 4 hours.
My Orange Slice freaks out when it kicks on! Ha ha.
Babies are doing great since I moved them under the LED's, they will be ready to drop in my big bag soon.
I gave my 3 MLI gals to my son and he is going to veg them for a couple more weeks and flower them. They are 9 weeks old. He's never grown any vegged over 4 weeks. I told him get ready for a "real" harvest!

Top Bottom