The Skunky Dunk farm

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I wanted to share something I've been using and have finally decided I like them.
They are empty 3"×4" tea bags.

I use these for my guano tea.
3 tbs. Will fdit in one, I put a small air stone in before tying it off and hook to a T on a air stone line to bubble through the bag.
Cleanup is so much easier I kinda like making tea again!
Anyhow, a great improvement for guano tea production and I can fill numerous bags ahead and use as needed.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I think I've found a home for my MLI plants so I want to move my seedlings into my big room under the LED's.
I'll only need one for a while but I don't know how high to raise it.
Seedlings don't have much room for error as far as burning.
So being a noob, what do the powers that be have to say?
TIA!

Farmer P

Farmer P

I think I've found a home for my MLI plants so I want to move my seedlings into my big room under the LED's.
I'll only need one for a while but I don't know how high to raise it.
Seedlings don't have much room for error as far as burning.
So being a noob, what do the powers that be have to say?
TIA!
I dropped 20 on one of these. No more guessing. (there are also free apps for smartphones that some say are accurate) After checking my flower cabinet with this I realized I was running my light way too far away. From what I've read safe areas are 5K lux for clones, 10 for seedlings, 20 to 60 for veg and 30 to 70K for flowering. My last run I used 16 to 20 for flowering and came up with some decent nugs. This run I will be at 40 to 60, and they are already looking better than last time. I can tell these will be bigger by the way they stacked up.
https://www.amazon.com/URCERI-Illum...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I dropped 20 on one of these. No more guessing. (there are also free apps for smartphones that some say are accurate) After checking my flower cabinet with this I realized I was running my light way too far away. From what I've read safe areas are 5K lux for clones, 10 for seedlings, 20 to 60 for veg and 30 to 70K for flowering. My last run I used 16 to 20 for flowering and came up with some decent nugs. This run I will be at 40 to 60, and they are already looking better than last time. I can tell these will be bigger by the way they stacked up .

Ordered!
Thanks P.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
go to the play store and get the
Lux Meter (light Meter)
my Moblie Tools Dev

it works Great and it's Free

I tried 3 of them on my Samsung J3 phone only to figure out mine doesn't have the sensor.
I ordered the one Farmer P has and then grabbed my wife's S9 and the sensor works.
I'll be able to compare to the meter and report back on the app accuracy.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I wanted to share something I've been using and have finally decided I like them.
They are empty 3"×4" tea bags.

I use these for my guano tea.
3 tbs. Will fdit in one, I put a small air stone in before tying it off and hook to a T on a air stone line to bubble through the bag.
Cleanup is so much easier I kinda like making tea again!
Anyhow, a great improvement for guano tea production and I can fill numerous bags ahead and use as needed.
Panty hose from the dollar store. Hey, I got the legs for 'em!🤣

Nobody116

Nobody116

So I thought I check out the smart phone light meters just for fun. I didn’t think T-5’s put out quite this much light?

84K was about 12” below the tubes.
22K was about 24” below the tubes.

The readings had a good bit of variation so not sure how accurate it is.

LUX on iOS

89CDB0DE 461A 4D89 AEB8 8031F54D7E5A
B9CE681E 2F30 4093 8A3B DA9A90626C44
Nobody116

Nobody116

I've used T5's exclusively for 15+ years.
Do all seedling, veg and clone work under them. The clone one is 2', the other 2 4' are 6- 54w HO.
I have 2 2’ 4 bulb units. One I bought, (Hydrofarm), quite a few years ago, at least 10 years now.

🤫 the ballasts will hear 😉

The other one I made. Lowe’s used to sell 2 bulb T-5 shop lights. For some reason they had ballasts that couldn’t utilize the 54W bulbs. So I bought two ballasts and made them work properly.

Shortly after getting them they stopped carrying them 🙄

Flourescent ballasts sure do seem to last longer. I’ve probably gone through a half dozen or so HID ballasts, electronic & tar types, while these are still original.

Im wondering how it would work out flowering under T-5’s.

I might have to go to a cabinet type grow sometime this year. Im probably relocating this year and there’s no basement 😕

If the timing works out, I might be able to do an outdoor plant or two to tide me over. But I’m not counting on it.

Nobody116

Nobody116

For a cabinet grow that wouldn’t really be an issue. Lots of training.

On that note. Can anyone explain why most lights need to be 1-2’ away but every photo of a commercial op I’ve seen for quite some time has the lights 10’ in the air?

4C816406 EC92 4BE8 9BB7 2FD917ADFA42

Latest posts

Top Bottom