Theyre first night out .i hope theyll be ok

• Thread starter DevinA95
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DevinA95

DevinA95

I'm sorry you are having problems. First thing is not to panic, whatever problems you are having can probably be dealt with. There is a plethora of good reading in the grow FAQ section that could probably help you.

I couldn't say about the second one but clearly looks like something happened to the first. Did it get dried out? How has the temp been at your spot the last few nights? Any sign of burrowing rodents? I'm sure someone else can come up with more for you but those are the big ones that would make a plant look like that.
I haven't seen any signs of rodents and its been in the 80s during the day and 60s at night . I know I may catch some back lash but I decided to just go ahead and use the organic miracle grow today. Maybe that will them out of it. It looked dehydrated to me but the soil wasn't really all that dry. I will go back tomorrow evening and see how she is. I dont expect too much. The leaves weren't dry or crispy. Just really wilted.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Sounds like she got a little too dry. It's easy to do. I have missed a single plant while watering tables more times than I can count.

If that's the case you should see dramatic improvement. Try to remember and take off all those dead leaves next time you are out. Hopefully feeding will help, I still really couldn't say about the second one but looks like it might be a nutrient issue. Good luck!

DevinA95

DevinA95

Sounds like she got a little too dry. It's easy to do. I have missed a single plant while watering tables more times than I can count.

If that's the case you should see dramatic improvement. Try to remember and take off all those dead leaves next time you are out. Hopefully feeding will help, I still really couldn't say about the second one but looks like it might be a nutrient issue. Good luck!
I hope you're right. Its supposed to be nice and sunny tomorrow and by evening time it should be back to normal I hope. If not, oh well I guess. I've done it before when they was inside and they bounced back. I hope that's what it is.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmm, ok by the look of the plant you would it needs water, but when i look at the clay/dirt it looks soaking wet by the picture?
how long have the plants been planted?
how much have they grown since being planted?

DevinA95

DevinA95

mmm, ok by the look of the plant you would it needs water, but when i look at the clay/dirt it looks soaking wet by the picture?
how long have the plants been planted?
how much have they grown since being planted?
I took a picture before I watered them but then when I looked at it it was really blurry so I took another one but had already watered before hand. The soil wasn't near that wet when I first got there.. they was put outside on May 3rd and haven't grown all that much. Its just now starting to warm up. There was alot of chilly days and nights and I remember someone telling me that they wouldn't grow much until it warms up.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I took a picture before I watered them but then when I looked at it it was really blurry so I took another one but had already watered before hand. The soil wasn't near that wet when I first got there.. they was put outside on May 3rd and haven't grown all that much. Its just now starting to warm up. There was alot of chilly days and nights and I remember someone telling me that they wouldn't grow much until it warms up.
ok, so hopefully its just watering and some food..
keep us posted!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok, so hopefully its just watering and some food..
keep us posted!
i think i mentioned it but i have two plants in clay which i dug out big holes and will fill with something.
hopefully planting them within the week..
i had success last year with smaller holes though the plants didn’t get huge, depending on the clay, i’d say the size of the hole will determine the size of the plant.

DevinA95

DevinA95

i think i mentioned it but i have two plants in clay which i dug out big holes and will fill with something.
hopefully planting them within the week..
i had success last year with smaller holes though the plants didn’t get huge, depending on the clay, i’d say the size of the hole will determine the size of the plant.
I used expert gardener because that seemed like the best option at the time. The other day I seen they had promix and I was going to use that for my other 3 and going to try to find different type of ground. That clay is really hard. What strains are you growing? Just curious.

Sparky1980

Sparky1980

I used expert gardener because that seemed like the best option at the time. The other day I seen they had promix and I was going to use that for my other 3 and going to try to find different type of ground. That clay is really hard. What strains are you growing? Just curious.
Give them a little food and a little H20 and they'll be fine. Let Mother Nature do her thing. In the ground, in the elements, they'll adapt unless the soil is completely beat. But it sounds like you have a handle on things.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
one of my holes is pretty much solid clay and the other hole wasn’t to bad, a mix of clay dirt and sand.
last year i filled with hp pro mix nothing else but i had to go feed it once a week at least, it was a mcgrillaz, sativa dom. , i’m pretty sure the roots weren’t liking the clay as the plant kinda stayed within the same diameter as the hole, telling me the roots didn’t penetrate the clay?
this year twice as big holes, probably need a bale for each hole.
i was thinking mixing pro mix with worm or sheep manure..
who knows, maybe just promix and i’ll go feed again.
this year a gelato dream from seed
and hopefully i get a female wild thailand as i started two just going to wait for sex to show before planting.
the gelato dream from anesia seeds has two pheno types i hoping to get the monster for outdoors..
here she is now with the wild thailand’s

pixelpaws

pixelpaws

How long do you think they would have to be on there before the stem would stay the shape I wanted? I just noticed the pipe cleaners was aggravating me and it was too good of a deal to not get it. I dont regret anything lol
It only takes 3-5 days for stems to retain shape.

DevinA95

DevinA95

one of my holes is pretty much solid clay and the other hole wasn’t to bad, a mix of clay dirt and sand.
last year i filled with hp pro mix nothing else but i had to go feed it once a week at least, it was a mcgrillaz, sativa dom. , i’m pretty sure the roots weren’t liking the clay as the plant kinda stayed within the same diameter as the hole, telling me the roots didn’t penetrate the clay?
this year twice as big holes, probably need a bale for each hole.
i was thinking mixing pro mix with worm or sheep manure..
who knows, maybe just promix and i’ll go feed again.
this year a gelato dream from seed
and hopefully i get a female wild thailand as i started two just going to wait for sex to show before planting.
the gelato dream from anesia seeds has two pheno types i hoping to get the monster for outdoors..
here she is now with the wild thailand’s View attachment 1127082
I've seen this stuff called Great White thats is supposed to make stronger roots. I was considering it. I will probably order it sometime for next year atleast. Have you considered something like that? I'll probably get about 4 bags of promix and mix it with my bag of expert gardner that I still have since I already bought it. Next year I will probably just use promix since I've heard only good things about it.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Great white is a good product. I would recommend that, and also that manufacturer makes several other beneficial plant additives that I would consider using as well. I can't remember the names but you can probably find them online easily enough.

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

For soil I use 707 by roots organic, if you have a grow store near by they can probably order you some if they don't stock it. It is a fine general soil with a good nutrient load. It also has enough perlite mixed in you usually won't have to add any more for food drainage. Pro mix is just fine, but you might want to try something else on your next run.

Dosifry

Dosifry

The sheep manure and worm castings w the pro mix is good. If you use an entire bail mix a quart of each blood meal, bone meal and a pint of kelp mean. Mix it up good so it won’t attract animals. That deer away stuff in the shaker bottle has never failed me. Smells god awful and you can sprinkle it a bit on the leaves too w no I’ll effect. That mix will ROCK and you may need only supplemental feedings. Get ready to c some growth soon as nights warm up to not below 50. Good luck friend.

Dosifry

Dosifry

For four bales u need 1 gallon each of blood, bone and greensand and a pint and a half kelp meal don’t need much of this stuff and 1-2 bags cow manure or sheep etc. If you could bin your soul for a couple three weeks before planting time everything inside would have begun to activate. Still u can mix it up the day of and their will still be food available. If you store the mix don’t store it wet!
ANY soiless mix will work. Dig your holes bigger cause roots pretty much stop when they hit real fine clay. I thought I read something about you getting four bales plus I forgot to mention greensand in last post. Sry for hijacking. It’s just a really good mix is all. Cheap and amendments easily attained. I hope you try it sometime. 😁

DevinA95

DevinA95

The sheep manure and worm castings w the pro mix is good. If you use an entire bail mix a quart of each blood meal, bone meal and a pint of kelp mean. Mix it up good so it won’t attract animals. That deer away stuff in the shaker bottle has never failed me. Smells god awful and you can sprinkle it a bit on the leaves too w no I’ll effect. That mix will ROCK and you may need only supplemental feedings. Get ready to c some growth soon as nights warm up to not below 50. Good luck friend.
Luckily I will have plenty of time to get better prepared for next year. I will definitely be looking into worm castings and those meals you talk about. I appreciate your input

zebrausa

zebrausa

Thank you.

Oh man. There's some nights lined up that its supposed to be in the lower 50s and even 40s.
If you cover your plants, the zone will increase by one or 5-10 deg F. So, if you cover with plastic at night, and your in zone 5, 50 deg F, your zone increases to zone 6 to 55-60 deg F. Make a ring out of 6 inch vertical stays fence and place your plastic over that; you must have a space between the layers of plastic. Fence size should at least be 1 foot larger on both sides of the plant to account for growth. You can use bungee cords to hold the plastic on.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Well D, Here is another angle to add to the confusion. You live in a humid area so you’re not going to get much help drying from the atmosphere. You never said whether you perked the holes for drainage. If they are dry and you watered you should see positive results almost immediately. If you don’t I would guess that your roots are sitting in a soppy mess down there. If they are, then it is probably time to panic and grab a shovel and get her out of there and into some dry soil. Possibly you could grab a trowel and scrape your way down the side of the hole to try and find out what’s going on down there. I’ve been there and done that with holes that won’t drain. Moved them into a bag and managed to save them. Judging from the looks of the Wilter you don’t have much to lose. Good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom