This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I will say, even with the leaf drop, I still need to get in here and do some pruning and lollipopping of the smaller plants. It's still a damn jungle. What a yo-yo grow...
20190503 182645

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
I just read the konk can, those assholes at the hydrostore didnt give me the bomb fogger, they sold me the one that goes in the automatic dispenser. The can is supposed dispense a small burst every 7.5 mins and last over a month.

Well that's annoying. Pyrethrin is absolutely phytotoxic at strong concentrations. I'm almost sure that's what's happened.
Rule
#1. Don’t ever going into a grow store and ask for advice, in fact if they try to give you advice without asking RUN!!! Talk to five different employees and they will try to sell you five different products.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Rule
#1. Don’t ever going into a grow store and ask for advice, in fact if they try to give you advice without asking RUN!!! Talk to five different employees and they will try to sell you five different products.
That is truth. I actually went in and asked what they had for pyrethrin bombs. They had a few different ones and recommended this one. I should have just gone with doctor doom...

Oh well. I dont always make the right decisions. lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Been a while since I updated the diary... Been a lot going on. Both parents are very sick and my mom is in hospice, and been super busy with work. Not much time for updates...

This run has been very different for me. Hardly any stakes went up, almost zero pruning, plants falling over, and I let them go an additional week in flower... But its ripening nicely.

I've gone back to flushing the last 10-14 days as the last crop never did burn as clean as I'm used to. I suspect the floranova series nutrients might not be as forgiving as the botanicare pbp is with regards to feeding up to the flush. Mind you, I am also running PBP this run too lol, but still flushing. 7 days to go and the plants are still nice and green.

Pics up later on.

Peace and plants✌🌱

Srenots

Srenots

Been a while since I updated the diary... Been a lot going on. Both parents are very sick and my mom is in hospice, and been super busy with work. Not much time for updates...

This run has been very different for me. Hardly any stakes went up, almost zero pruning, plants falling over, and I let them go an additional week in flower... But its ripening nicely.

I've gone back to flushing the last 10-14 days as the last crop never did burn as clean as I'm used to. I suspect the floranova series nutrients might not be as forgiving as the botanicare pbp is with regards to feeding up to the flush. Mind you, I am also running PBP this run too lol, but still flushing. 7 days to go and the plants are still nice and green.

Pics up later on.

Peace and plants✌🌱
good vibes sent ur way brother ~

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Pics up later on.

Peace and plants✌🌱

Sorry to hear about your parents. Good thoughts sent!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter

Pics up later on.

Peace and plants✌🌱
Hey man, my prayers for mom man. You take care of them and I hope things turn out ok. I’m in the same boat here with me in-laws, moms in law is in hospice and well, we hope for the best but we know that she is tiring.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well the garden is getting a couple additional pieces of equipment this week.
I found this 15000BTU AC at home depot for $250. It was regularly $800 but was returned because the metal housing had a dent in it, but it works fine. And picked up a little humidifyer for $20 off a local buy and sell page.

Decided to not bother with Co2 at all, I just cant justify the constant expense of filling tanks all the time. Gonna just run a small 4" fan dialed way down for atmosphere.

Cropping this last mess out over the next couple days.. Blueberry were mostly terrible producers, but one pheno did ok and smells great so it might be a keeper. Space cookies and bubba look fine besides all the popcorn and larf from not pruning. I see a long hash making session in my future..

20190706 132733

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well the garden is getting a couple additional pieces of equipment this week.
I found this 15000BTU AC at home depot for $250. It was regularly $800 but was returned because the metal housing had a dent in it, but it works fine. And picked up a little humidifyer for $20 off a local buy and sell page.

Decided to not bother with Co2 at all, I just cant justify the constant expense of filling tanks all the time. Gonna just run a small 4" fan dialed way down for atmosphere.

Cropping this last mess out over the next couple days.. Blueberry were mostly terrible producers, but one pheno did ok and smells great so it might be a keeper. Space cookies and bubba look fine besides all the popcorn and larf from not pruning. I see a long hash making session in my future..

View attachment 879412

Super deal on the a/c! And be sure to use ro water with the sonic humidifier. With tap it spews fine calcium dust all over the place.

I didnt know. Mine covered everything after a week of use and clogged my carbon filter. I didnt see the dust accumulation until it was too late.

I still use ro only for my full house fan driven humidifier but so it doesnt get bacteria buildup so fast.

Funny I bought the ro machine for the garden. But there is no need with 150ppm well water. Go hydro store salesperson! Got me for an extra $200. But it turns out i need it. Lol.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Super deal on the a/c! And be sure to use ro water with the sonic humidifier. With tap it spews fine calcium dust all over the place.

I didnt know. Mine covered everything after a week of use and clogged my carbon filter. I didnt see the dust accumulation until it was too late.

I still use ro only for my full house fan driven humidifier but so it doesnt get bacteria buildup so fast.

Funny I bought the ro machine for the garden. But there is no need with 150ppm well water. Go hydro store salesperson! Got me for an extra $200. But it turns out i need it. Lol.

Yeah I'll do that for sure. It has a built in deionizer but I'll use RO anyway so I dont need to worry about replacing components.

Looking g forward to really dialing the room in this summer.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Couple preliminary budshots... I'm happily surprised these look as good as they do, despite the fried leaves. Otherwise the buds filled out the same as usual and feel dense and sticky. Yield will take a hit from all the small bottom crap but whatever. Better than a loss.
And if anything I think letting them go an extra week has helped, I think the overall quality will actually be a bit better than the last round.
Still, very happy to be moving on from these past couple months... Sadly my mother passed away yesterday. Hopefully I can get some closure and get back on track.

20190707 103235
20190707 103304

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Couple preliminary budshots... I'm happily surprised these look as good as they do, despite the fried leaves. Otherwise the buds filled out the same as usual and feel dense and sticky. Yield will take a hit from all the small bottom crap but whatever. Better than a loss.
And if anything I think letting them go an extra week has helped, I think the overall quality will actually be a bit better than the last round.
Still, very happy to be moving on from these past couple months... Sadly my mother passed away yesterday. Hopefully I can get some closure and get back on track.

View attachment 879545View attachment 879546
Sorry for yr loss mate, my condolences to you and your family. May the ganja gods look out over her man

Top Bottom