This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Did I miss your advice earlier? Wasnt trying to shout over anyone.

I saw your comment on flora nova and drippers. I dont actually know what dirtbag ended up using. And I have no experience with them.

Still running floranova, mix and hand water. Probably going to do the irrigation for the next cycle. Maybe lol. For sure switching to botanicare when the FN runs out. And FOR SURE going back to proterra peat mix lol.

Phylex

Phylex

Lol that's one of the classic issues with blueberry. It's very sensitive to overfeeding but often just appears underfed naturally with the red stems and often strange leaf mutations.
I'm going to keep ppm around 700-750 tops for these ladies.
750 tops going in, or 750 plus whatever your water is? I've always wondered this.

For instance where I'm at in flower Mega Crop recommends 30 grams and states 30 grams should equal 835 ppm's on the 500 scale.

My water is 200 ppm and after I add 30 grams to it, my ppm's are 750. Makes me wonder if I'm truly feeding what I should be or if I need to up the grams to the true recommended ppm's before water. They've been hungry and I'm still trying to sort this out without over feeding. That would literally put me at 1035 ppm with what's in the tap water. I hope my situation and question makes sense.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
750 tops going in, or 750 plus whatever your water is? I've always wondered this.

For instance where I'm at in flower Mega Crop recommends 30 grams and states 30 grams should equal 835 ppm's on the 500 scale.

My water is 200 ppm and after I add 30 grams to it, my ppm's are 750. Makes me wonder if I'm truly feeding what I should be or if I need to up the grams to the true recommended ppm's before water. They've been hungry and I'm still trying to sort this out without over feeding. That would literally put me at 1035 ppm with what's in the tap water. I hope my situation and question makes sense.

I usually run about 800 with RO, but I'm going to run less for the Bberry. That's with no Calmag, but I am starting to add a bit of well water to buffer my water to 150ppm to stabilize my ph rather than using silica quite as much. Still trying to stay below 850 total. 1000 is much too hot, if that's not burning them I'd suspect something is causing uptake issue.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Also, FWIW im still soliciting input from any of you other seasoned gardeners out there reading this on what could be going on here. I'll be honest this is new to me. I really thought it was spider mites.
Seriously, any opinions welcome.

Phylex

Phylex

I usually run about 800 with RO, but I'm going to run less for the Bberry. That's with no Calmag, but I am starting to add a bit of well water to buffer my water to 150ppm to stabilize my ph rather than using silica quite as much. Still trying to stay below 850 total. 1000 is much too hot, if that's not burning them I'd suspect something is causing uptake issue.
Yeah, I haven’t tried it yet. It’s only been 750 total so far. It’s something that’s been on my mind though. That’s why I thought to ask first.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
Also, FWIW im still soliciting input from any of you other seasoned gardeners out there reading this on what could be going on here. I'll be honest this is new to me. I really thought it was spider mites.
Seriously, any opinions welcome.
It’s not spider mites. I promise you that.
Is your humidity really high?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
It’s not spider mites. I promise you that.
Is your humidity really high?

Not really, RH is 60-65% and temp of 22-26.

I'm wondering if its pyrethrin toxicity. I did let off a blast of this stuff as a precaution because I accidentally and stupidly brought a little outdoor ripened plant inside to dry with the last crop. I realized after what a stoner move it was and got worried about bringing in bugs.

But it seems the more of this Konk shit I spray, the worse it gets... and I'm seeing the worst damage right near the door where the spray is the most concentrated.

I think i should maybe just water them and lay off the spraying for a while and see what happens, and take some precautionary clones early from the healthiest looking branches.

chemistry

chemistry

Appreciate the tips, I'm in Canada though and cant get azamax or green cleaner. Closest thing I can get is neem oil but its incompatible with all the sulphur I've been burning. I'll look into the AI of green cleaner and see if I can replicate it though.

Also wish I had got this advice earlier, I actually flipped the day before I noticed the spots because the room is getting crowded, so I'm doing what i can in the stretch window. Not ideal but I'm not sure how they would take to going back under 18/6 now that it's been in flower for 3 days. Any advice in that regard? Would you revert to veg after 3 days of 12/12?

At 3 days you should be ok, I've back tracked plants to back to veg after a week and took cuttings and they were ok, you have a lot of foliage to contend with. If it was anything other than mites I would carry on with flower, but I got battered last time I doing this and had to bin plants, there was just to many places for the mites to hide from the spays.

chemistry

chemistry

I i

I include my water PPM's in my end total, my water is 260ppm, so I take that into consideration when I mix may nuits. @Dirtbag it my be the flush that's giving you cal and mag defs at the same time, masked by other defs from the flush. Colour of the marks on the leaves seem wrong for bugs.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I i

I include my water PPM's in my end total, my water is 260ppm, so I take that into consideration when I mix may nuits. @Dirtbag it my be the flush that's giving you cal and mag defs at the same time, masked by other defs from the flush. Colour of the marks on the leaves seem wrong for bugs.

Agreed on all counts.

E

eirI

Well if it ain't always something... I'm getting a little concerned I could have spider mites at the moment based on some odd leaf spotting I'm seeing. I've been burning sulphur for 4 hrs per night for the past 3 days and plan to burn for a few more days. Also applied safers end-all, let off a konk 418 pyrethrin bomb and plan to spray botanigard next. after that rosemary oil and habanero spray lol. Pulling out all the stops to try and stop this in its tracks.

On a positive note it's not widespread, and I havent been able to find a single mite in hours of scoping. Also no webbing visible. So fingers crossed.

Its looking like a jungle in there...

View attachment 868182
View attachment 868183
Very Green and thriving. Very nice.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well I hate to say it, but this is going to be a tear down and restart. Damage and burned leaves went berserk overnight.

I'm 90% sure I burned them with pyrethrin trying to kill what I thought was spider mites, but was likely something else anyway.... My own stupid fault. And never would have happened if I had acces to a proper miticide... oh well. Managed to take about 30 cuttings, hopefully they make it because I would really hate to lose these strains.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well I hate to say it, but this is going to be a tear down and restart. Damage and burned leaves went berserk overnight.

I'm 90% sure I burned them with pyrethrin trying to kill what I thought was spider mites, but was likely something else anyway.... My own stupid fault. And never would have happened if I had acces to a proper miticide... oh well. Managed to take about 30 cuttings, hopefully they make it because I would really hate to lose these strains.

Sorry to hear that bud.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Sorry to hear that bud.

Yeah.. Its not the first and probably wont be the last time. Ive had to chop a handful of crops for various reasons over the years, Its sucks for sure, but shit happens. Cant change things now, just gotta stay on top of things, learn from my mistakes and keep moving forward. But I've absolutely added a mental note about this shitty dirt and Konk spray...

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter

That is why you never treat on assumption. In the future if you see what you think is mite damage you will %100 see them with your naked eye under the leaves that look effected.
I really don’t think the pyrethrum burnt them though. I popped those cans in 5x5 tents all it did was give me really shiney leaves.
If in panic mode and you feel you have to take action use alcohol/water with soap or buy some green cleaner.
I will tell you this as well, never once did I ever get a mite with introducing them from clones from someone else garden.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
That is why you never treat on assumption. In the future if you see what you think is mite damage you will %100 see them with your naked eye under the leaves that look effected.
I really don’t think the pyrethrum burnt them though. I popped those cans in 5x5 tents all it did was give me really shiney leaves.
If in panic mode and you feel you have to take action use alcohol/water with soap or buy some green cleaner.
I will tell you this as well, never once did I ever get a mite with introducing them from clones from someone else garden.

I agree I shouldnt have sprayed. And I honestly knew that.. but what can I say. I tripped myself out by stupidly bringing in outdoor plants to dry and one thing led to the other. And I have to say early on the damage really did look like mite damage.
But after spraying Konk the leaves have a shimmery appearance, not shiny, but more sparkly like its covered in fiberglass or something. The leaves with the most shimmer have the most damage. Strong correlation, but who knows.

I'm honestly not that bothered, this crop got off on the wrong foot right from the start, and it really only sets me back one month.

Last edited:
Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I just read the konk can, those assholes at the hydrostore didnt give me the bomb fogger, they sold me the one that goes in the automatic dispenser. The can is supposed dispense a small burst every 7.5 mins and last over a month.

Well that's annoying. Pyrethrin is absolutely phytotoxic at strong concentrations. I'm almost sure that's what's happened.

marski420

marski420

I agree I shouldnt have sprayed. And I honestly knew that.. but what can I say. I tripped myself out by stupidly bringing in outdoor plants to dry and one thing led to the other. And I have to say early on the damage really did look like mite damage.
But after spraying Konk the leaves have a shimmery appearance, not shiny, but more sparkly like its covered in fiberglass or something. The leaves with the most shimmer have the most damage. Strong correlation, but who knows.

I'm honestly not that bothered, this crop got off on the wrong foot right from the start.

I've totally seen this exact stuff on cannabis I've bought from mail order sites in Canada. It sparkles in the light when you spin the bud around and I knew instantly it wasn't good whatever it was. Im going to have to do more research on this Konk stuff and possibly make a bunch of people aware of what they're smoking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom