This Be How Dirbag Do...

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sportyridr

sportyridr

Wow, 2020 just keeps coming with the insane shit. Sorry to see this happened man. Hopefully something positive will come along just when you need it!

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Man, sorry to see that. They don't look dead but they are probably at their maximum potential. Hopefully you can make some nice edibles, RSO or even bubble hash with your stash. Looks like you've had lots of great grows before, the next one will be too.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Lol, thanks guys, thats pretty funny to see that pic in there honestly. Id feel pretty weird about accepting seed for my failure tho lol. And ive got a few fem seeds here.

Truthfully, as hard as this is to accept, this could very well be the end of the shed grows. Growing has been a bit of a pain in the last year with all ive got going on. This kind of a setback could just be the coup de grâce..I really feel like taking a break from it and maybe starting up down the road, smaller, and much more personal sized... we will see. But Im leaning toward throwing in the towel for now..

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Lol, thanks guys, thats pretty funny to see that pic in there honestly. Id feel pretty weird about accepting seed for my failure tho lol. And ive got a few fem seeds here.

Truthfully, as hard as this is to accept, this could very well be the end of the shed grows. Growing has been a bit of a pain in the last year with all ive got going on. This kind of a setback could just be the coup de grâce..I really feel like taking a break from it and maybe starting up down the road, smaller, and much more personal sized... we will see. But Im leaning toward throwing in the towel for now..
It would be a bummer for us here, but if you need to focus on your business for a while then you have to do you. Life is full of bends!

Moshmen

Moshmen

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do ! Hopefully if won’t be long of a break- you got knowledge and skills man! This was just shitty luck

Moshmen

Moshmen

It would be a bummer for us here, but if you need to focus on your business for a while then you have to do you. Life is full of bends!

This is part of the reason I’m still stuck in a shorty closet doin stuff half assed but it de stresses me enuff to put 100% in my small business. Both are very rewarding and frustrating at times - a definite balancing act. I couldn’t image having a full time gig as well

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Yeah my life is hectic lately. Working full time at the golf club, doing my own gig after work and on weekends with my business, as well as managing a crew remotely while im at work. Not to mention family time... The shed has taken a backseat for a while now, the last 6 months anyway.

I dont know... I might take a few weeks off and regroup. But i seriously think the days of filling the shed are done. I just have a hard time keeping all the balls in the air juggling this much. I had a lot more free time when i started this thing...

I like the thought of setting up a 4x4 or 5x5 tent in there with LED, keep it simple, grow for personal only. Maybe even go back to old fashioned soil grown... I dont know.. But itll be what itll be. Or not. Who knows..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
By jeez thats a white ash lol...
20201003 140149

Dragonsflame

Dragonsflame

The Dragon
Supporter
shoot me an address Ill plug ya on seeds.

Cant give up, growing is at times never ending set backs, but thats what makes the fruit of the labor that much sweeter. You and I both know growing your own will nearly always surpass street or dispensary flower. cant grow long term without having to do a reset eventually. whatever ya need im sure we can get ya squared away.

Id second - trim the burnt leaves away, give em some liquid kelp and extra waterings. Sometimes stressed flower comes out even more potent as some terpenes are produced in response to stress

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
shoot me an address Ill plug ya on seeds.

Cant give up, growing is at times never ending set backs, but thats what makes the fruit of the labor that much sweeter. You and I both know growing your own will nearly always surpass street or dispensary flower. cant grow long term without having to do a reset eventually. whatever ya need im sure we can get ya squared away.

Id second - trim the burnt leaves away, give em some liquid kelp and extra waterings. Sometimes stressed flower comes out even more potent as some terpenes are produced in response to stress

You never cease to impress man. Thats a classy offer.
And i hear ya. Honestly id normally take this on the chin and start over. But my thoughts of taking a break are actually less to do with this setback than it is about just how much less time i have for growing lately. Im really burning both ends of the candle trying to get my business off the ground. This setback just kinda made taking a break a whole lot more appealing and feasible, especially since i lost all my damn strains.. ive got nothing to keep alive anyway lol.. No matter what id be starting over not only from the beginning, but from the beginning with all unknown genetics. Just getting my stable of keepers together took half a dozen grows and a year and a half of phenohunting when i started this shed. So to lose all of it blows. I think im overwhelmed at the prospect of starting over completely from scratch, as busy as i am. The only thing that seems worthwhile is A, taking a few weeks off to regroup, B, scaling down, going smaller and C, Switching back to soil or proterra etc. Maybe dare I say, even experiment with organic gardening again. Growing solely for personal, i would like to try some different things that i wouldnt do for production runs, and that is appealing to me. And for sure a nice big outdoor crop next summer.

For now, im gonna have a beer and a joint!🤪

@MIMedGrower I considered trying to reveg the platinum cookies but fuck me that seems like a losing battle.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You never cease to impress man. Thats a classy offer.
And i hear ya. Honestly id normally take this on the chin and start over. But my thoughts of taking a break are actually less to do with this setback than it is about just how much less time i have for growing lately. Im really burning both ends of the candle trying to get my business off the ground. This setback just kinda made taking a break a whole lot more appealing and feasible, especially since i lost all my damn strains.. ive got nothing to keep alive anyway lol.. No matter what id be starting over not only from the beginning, but from the beginning with all unknown genetics. Just getting my stable of keepers together took half a dozen grows and a year and a half of phenohunting when i started this shed. So to lose all of it blows. I think im overwhelmed at the prospect of starting over completely from scratch, as busy as i am. The only thing that seems worthwhile is A, taking a few weeks off to regroup, B, scaling down, going smaller and C, Switching back to soil or proterra etc. Maybe dare I say, even experiment with organic gardening again. Growing solely for personal, i would like to try some different things that i wouldnt do for production runs, and that is appealing to me. And for sure a nice big outdoor crop next summer.

For now, im gonna have a beer and a joint!🤪

@MIMedGrower I considered trying to reveg the platinum cookies but fuck me that seems like a losing battle.

Putting a cut in a glass of water and leaving it on a window sill could work.

But I admit i let my cuts go when i shut down. Plenty of new great plants to find. I love growing seed plants though. So those cuts were more important to you I think. You could keep a revegged cut like a houseplant.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have stared at the pics a couple of times because I'm really stoned and I think I agree with this....I think the plants threw almost every emergency tool they had, but I also think there is a chance they would surprise you with a bit of nursing for at least some great hash.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Well... Im certainly gonna ride it out and see what happens. The small ones are toast but the big ones may surprise me yet, and if nothing else i might be able to salvage some seeds from them. Ive got nothing to lose really except more money on my power bill... Im hopeful that the platinum cookies seeds still develop. That strain was just such a forgiving sweetheart.

But i have no expectations of pulling any nice buds out of here at this point. And im not going to give it hardly any effort or attention... Just the way the pistils went from white and fluffy to gone completely brown and shriveled up, thats no bueno.

Sh311Sh0ck3d

Sh311Sh0ck3d

I think I must have missed something but having just coming back to growing last October after a 9 year break, well, I don't know what took me so long but I started again from scratch. Borrowed some hps and some odds and ends and 11 months later I've more Bubble Gum than I know what to do with, Ive biker kush and Ive just started some bag seed weed, Sundae Driver. Doesn't take long for things to get out of hand! Whatever happened, No Surrender!
Take care.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Plants look even more fucked today. And the room is at 85% humidity so i think i cooked the dehumidifier. That will be the last nail in the coffin. I have no money to sink back into this operation after the amount ive lost already. Fuck sakes, could be years before i get growing again even for personal. I shut off the dehu and will plug it back in to see if that helps, but its bone dry. fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

Ive taken on way too much personal debt with my business to sink literally another dime into this shed. I was really hoping i could at least break even and get a pile of personal from this one. But im officially fooked i think if i dont have a working dehu. Dammit. Game over man.

Top Bottom