This Is What Happens When Shit Gets Out Of Hand

• Thread starter muir
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
if bailey seems affordable, you could really do well out here with that kind of money......

Funny . . . I'm not THAT far from you, but this area is FAR from 'affordable'. We hope to end up out your way before too long.

outwest

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Funny . . . I'm not THAT far from you, but this area is FAR from 'affordable'. We hope to end up out your way before too long.

outwest
You got that right lots of folks commute...

boo

boo

talk about commuting, I had to go into the big town today, clear over yonder thru a zillion traffic lights...spent the day at the hospital discussing test and a future...driving home was just nutz...I recall when I was working and it was thick but now it's stacking up at 3:30pm...keep that shit thank you...

xavier7995

xavier7995

Was the sideways picture lady with the baby the one being denied the permit? Cause I bet the town thinks shes crooked muahahahaha pun intended.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

Dick of the week:
Mike Lynn, "According to his bio, Hound Labs founder Dr. Mike Lynn is 'a practicing emergency medicine physician and teacher at a premier trauma center in Oakland,'...

I wonder how many marijuana overdoses he has seen, how many kids sick from eating marijuana, how many complaints about marijuana infused edibles given out at Halloween.

In 2013, Colorado passed a THC driving bill, which established a cannabis intoxication level of 5 nanograms per milliliter of blood.

The standard was controversial from the jump, in part because THC tends to react very differently depending upon who consumes it — and the substance lingers in one's system for far longer than does alcohol.

Moreover, determining whether a driver has exceeded the THC limit can't be determined as quickly as is possible when it comes to booze. A blood test is required, making roadside analysis impossible.

But that could be changing.

California-based Hounds Lab maintains that it's developed a marijuana breathalyzer — a claim that's been greeted with varying degrees of skepticism.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

epitome

epitome

Lol ...next up a slot next to the organ donor slot on drivers license whether or not your a pothead....its all racket boys wether you like tennis or hand ball or a gambling spectator....

Last edited:
BarnaGoat

BarnaGoat

I've seen some drug dealer (not calling them growers because of lack of respect for the industry) trash some homes. Sad really.

Be part of the community has been my motto. Help out/respect neighbors, be active in the area (attend local parties and/or meeting), and most importantly leave the home in better conditions than you found it.

Be closest to the one that can hurt you because people only talk behind your back mostly. Always speak nicely and smile because it's hard to hurt someone you like.

muir

muir

Nederland update.
Nederland municipale town code had allowed for licensing of home grows as a home based business limited to 50% of the sf of the structures on the property through an SRU process. No one ever did so it's hard to say if the MED would have ever allowed a residence to become a licensed premises. The point is moot now as the Nederland Board of Trustees has removed that potential in this week's BOT meeting.

It is remarkable how far nederland has come, once it was nobodies business and nobody cared if you grew, landlords were chill and usually amicable. When I was selling real estate you could find evidence of grows in nearly every property if you knew what to look for because in general, when you could be arrested for growing people acted right and cared for and repaired rentals to a better condition when they left. The influx of growers to the community who had no ties to the community fucked that up for sure. Good job Texans and Floridians.

Now, growers are scorned even loathed and loathed if not hated and become the scapegoat of the housing crisis.

scoop

scoop

They are on it now. When we sold the house in E last Summer the home inspector was all over the place...top to bottom. I had fixed holes in the drywall/painted....and had...I thought.....everything cleaned up well. Lo and behold...I must have left 6 staples and a small bit of mylar in a floor joist in the crawl....remnants of my 1990's/pre-med/pre-legality operation....and from that discovery... we got tagged as a "grow house" and ended up having to perform a 12K mold inspection/midigation that had >nothing< to do with growing weed. (moisture from typical roof condensation in a mountain climate/etc. was the diagnosis...no mention of a weed connection/etc)

I can only imagine the condition some houses are left in/the hidden damage done/etc. And folks wonder WHY no one wants a grow in their rentals? Such thinking is amazing....and totally detached from reality.

good luck up there

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We rented to a grower. He absolutely TRASHED the house. Never again. I see threads on here from folks who appear to be renting an entire home to do that to it, it grinds my teeth.

xavier7995

xavier7995

When I was buying a house in an illegal state we totally came across a crappy ass grow house. Really sucked as we liked the place a lot, but during the home inspection we came across some rather terrifying electrical work and the home inspector just said "yeah...don't buy this house." You could see into crawl spaces where they had just hanging live electrical lines from cutting out the lights and had chopped the ductwork to hell, even the roof had been compromised by these people trying to run ducts through it. We tried to talk teh people down the 30k it would have taken to fix everything but it was a no go.

I just don't get trashing your home, even if it is a rental.

Sirtiva

Sirtiva

When we moved into our duplex (El paso county) the "next door" neighbors were growing along with us, both under the same roof.
Long story short, the guys in the other half of our duplex trashed the fucker so bad, the next years lease had a clause in it that specifically stated grows were not allowed in ANY of their properties.

We were always very up front and honest with our landlord involving our grow. The first yearly inspection they had we decided to be completely honest and show her everything (this is before the duplex was trashed). She actually thanked us for our honesty, asked a few bullshit questions, and has never bothered us since.

When we got our revised lease, there was nothing in ours about the grow, confused I asked her what was up, and she said for being so honest and respectful we were allowed to continue what we are doing provided we stay within the law.

Show people respect and honesty and SOMETIMES it will make it back to you...

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
They are on it now. When we sold the house in E last Summer the home inspector was all over the place...top to bottom. I had fixed holes in the drywall/painted....and had...I thought.....everything cleaned up well. Lo and behold...I must have left 6 staples and a small bit of mylar in a floor joist in the crawl....remnants of my 1990's/pre-med/pre-legality operation....and from that discovery... we got tagged as a "grow house" and ended up having to perform a 12K mold inspection/midigation that had >nothing< to do with growing weed. (moisture from typical roof condensation in a mountain climate/etc. was the diagnosis...no mention of a weed connection/etc)

I can only imagine the condition some houses are left in/the hidden damage done/etc. And folks wonder WHY no one wants a grow in their rentals? Such thinking is amazing....and totally detached from reality.

good luck up there
Wow so they wanted a 12 k mold inspection in order to sell the house? Or were you renting? 12 k is a lot for any test

scoop

scoop

scoop, any chance I know you?

LOL. Yer memory is slipping. You emailed me mid Summer and said you were gonna stop by the new homestead on the way to the Butte. Never heard another word...

sound familiar?

scoop

scoop

The 12K was for "mitigation", Grow God. The test itself was $600.

My point on posting that info was to show those folks who rent who seem to think "it's no big deal"...or who TRY to minimize their presence in a rental grow situation (happens on this board time and time again)....that the very presence that a grow EVER happened on the property can have HUGE ramifications for the owner of the property should they try to sell at a later date. A few repaired holes in the drywall....a ruined floor/carpet... etc.etc.etc.... it may not SEEM like any big deal to the renter....but in all reality...it is a tip to many who are involved in home sales/inspections/etc that something just isn't right. When shit isn't right...someone pays. (usually...the owner)

To be clear. This was MY house. Not a rental property. I grew there for 20+ years.....and was VERY careful to cover all the bases on the moisture issue/etc. and was also very conscious about any/all alterations from the norm. Fans/de-hueys/etc...I had it all at one time or another.

The mold found was on the rafters in the attic...directly adjacent to the sheeting....and caused by....in the mold inspectors own words...."the extreme mountain climate"..... and was "normal" for a house in such a climate that is 25 years old/etc. My long-standing grow was in the crawlspace and was vented directly outside.....so NO chance it had anything to do with the SMALL/trace amounts of mold they found.

But the fact that they detected that a grow happened in the house >whatsoever< set off a HUGE alarm for all involved. The buyer demanded a mold test....and we could only comply or lose the deal. Knowing the NEXT buyer would do the same thing (hire an inspector, as all SMART buyers would do) we ponied up....had the mitigation performed...and took the cost off the purchase price. The saving grace was that they offered FULL price for the house....and our 25 years there offered us the flexibility in cost/vs. sale price to take care of the problem and not feel a damn thing financially...... as we made a killing on the house as it was....

I was leary before.....but there's no way I'd rent to a grower after that experience....I don't care HOW GOOD/STEALTH they THINK they are.... they simply...aren't..... and the cost to mitigate in the long run simply isn't worth >whatever< they may pay in rent.

be safe out there folks......

Latest posts

Top Bottom