Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
@sixstring bro u made me go back and recheck everything. To my surprise I saw a speck on the rosin on both (malfunctioning) cobs. I took them down and gently wiped the specks off and now both light. Not sure what damage has been done by the material and by my wiping. I noticed this on both questionable cobs. Thanks for making me get off my ass and go check lol.

IMG 1354
IMG 1356
IMG 1357
sixstring

sixstring

@sixstring bro u made me go back and recheck everything. To my surprise I saw a speck on the rosin on both (malfunctioning) cobs. I took them down and gently wiped the specks off and now both light. Not sure what damage has been done by the material and by my wiping. I noticed this on both questionable cobs. Thanks for making me get off my ass and go check lol.
glad you got them working but from that first pic i have to ask,are those cree 3590 cobs or something else? a good chip should light up evenly ,even if it has very low power.i dont like seeing all those diodes that didnt light up in that first pic.

How long before I have to replace this driver? Chinese knock off cant last long can it?
its a good question,but all these drivers are from taiwan or china,they pretty much make all our electronics so that driver should last for 5 to 7 years i would guess.meanwell carries a 7 year warranty now so i would bet the others are trying to build similar.

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
I noticed that also. You are correct all are Cree 3590 3500k. I still consider them questionable at this point. All others are evenly lit. Will be ordering replacements. I hold no fault to the manufacturer. They are working with me through email.

sixstring

sixstring

I noticed that also. You are correct all are Cree 3590 3500k. I still consider them questionable at this point. All others are evenly lit. Will be ordering replacements. I hold no fault to the manufacturer. They are working with me through email.
yeah man they should light up evenly if they are in good working order.heard nothing but good things about timber so im sure they will take care of you.i bought a kit from them for a friend and he is real happy with them,been a few months now.peace

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I can't find a price on it. My thing is.. I want to be able to change where I mount them. I want to be able to mount them in a straight line or mount them around my Hps, mh. I want to have options. Plus I like to build stuff :)
they run anywhere model dependent from 1200 to 1500 hunny I believe I will wait until the cost of production comes down about before I make the leap. Not much of a DIY'er here. With work and garden no time to play.

Here is another company I have been eyeballing. Looks like a peice of art work. Solid company that caters to pro greenhouses and the botanical science industry. Here is the link if you want to check out all their models. https://fluence.science/technology/spydr/

3_SPYDRxPlus_Side.turned.png

Heres the spec sheet. Darn thing is over 1500 shipped.

View attachment Fluence-SPYDRx-PLUS-Specifications-8.22.16.pdf
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

they run anywhere model dependent from 1200 to 1500 hunny I believe I will wait until the cost of production comes down about before I make the leap. Not much of a DIY'er here. With work and garden no time to play.

Here is another company I have been eyeballing. Looks like a peice of art work. Solid company that caters to pro greenhouses and the botanical science industry. Here is the link if you want to check out all their models. https://fluence.science/technology/spydr/

I wonder if they would let me take it for a test drive :)

peta1111

peta1111

I looked at that too. Only $900 now. Wait another few weeks. :)

I just ordered a Timber kit. May even order another one before the end of the day. :)

mandalaman

mandalaman

I looked at that too. Only $900 now. Wait another few weeks. :)

I just ordered a Timber kit. May even order another one before the end of the day. :)
Very cool! :) Gobble Gobble

I am ready to pull the trigger on the timber 3x3 300w square. Would that be enough to get me through for a little while in a flower only 4x4 tent... and then I can add as budget allows? Or would I be better off just waiting until I can grab two of those at one time

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Anyone try the cheap cob/heatsink/driver/reflector kits from china that they sell on ebay?
At less than 3$ for everything I would think it would be worth it just for the lense and heat sink.

Latest posts

Top Bottom