TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

I’m a first time grower. I’m learning. I don’t think your plant is a male. I’m sure someone with more knowledge will post . Good luck. 👍

A pic of one that I’m growing.
Yeah that's a calyx and pistils on yours, mine looks like the start of balls... like I said gonna give it time to be sure... I've been growing fems for some years and this is my first auto, so haven't dealt with males recently... and definitely never at 3 weeks old. 🤷‍♀️

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m a first time grower. I’m learning. I don’t think your plant is a male. I’m sure someone with more knowledge will post . Good luck. 👍

A pic of one that I’m growing.
See how your plant has 2 white hairs at the node you took a pic , those are female parts showing your plant is now mature enuff to flower in my opinion - her plant only has 1with no hair ( wake and bake can’t remember the part name lol) and beginning of balls this is unfortunately probably a male unless she wants a few seeds ?

steamroller

steamroller

Yeah that's a calyx and pistils on yours, mine looks like the start of balls... like I said gonna give it time to be sure... I've been growing fems for some years and this is my first auto, so haven't dealt with males recently... and definitely never at 3 weeks old. 🤷‍♀️
That does look male, but if you have no others in flower let it roll. 🤷‍♂️

TSD

TSD

See how your plant has 2 white hairs at the node you took a pic , those are female parts showing your plant is now mature enuff to flower in my opinion - her plant only has 1with no hair ( wake and bake can’t remember the part name lol) and beginning of balls this is unfortunately probably a male unless she wants a few seeds ?
No I have no use for auto seeds. I only planted autos out of boredom.
Who was the breeder if you don’t mind me asking? If they are going trans at that age, those seeds should be out of circulaction
I'm not sure, came from Herbie's or Seedsman in the last few years, so could be one of several. It's been kicking around in my seed jar, any autos in there were a freebie.
That does look male, but if you have no others in flower let it roll. 🤷‍♂️
I have the one other runt that's like a week behind from getting stunted. If that drops balls I'm just done till it's time to start getting ready for spring.

Moshmen

Moshmen

No I have no use for auto seeds. I only planted autos out of boredom.

I'm not sure, came from Herbie's or Seedsman in the last few years, so could be one of several. It's been kicking around in my seed jar, any autos in there were a freebie.

I have the one other runt that's like a week behind from getting stunted. If that drops balls I'm just done till it's time to start getting ready for spring.
None of those freebies should be dropping balls .before Next winter we will get ya some good beans!

TSD

TSD

Well... so far my first encounter with Autos has been less than desirable. We're a month deep. Today we said goodbye to Gelato, because though she was healthy and growing well, and (as I found out) had healthy roots, she was a he, and he, had balls.
20230131 085937
20230131 090035
20230131 090037

(I rinsed the roots btw, they were not that dripping wet lol)

So now all my hopes of any smoke rest with the runt... though I suppose she's all alone so we can stop calling her that, her leaves certainly aren't runt like and she's growing well now. She's definitely short and stout, probably on account of being stunted and the fact that she's indica leaning, and an auto... she's destined to be a midget. Sooo, I'm trying to open her up a bit with some lst. Bent her over and tied a couple branches in the right direction. Aimed my second light at a dramatic angle hoping the growth hiding underneath will grow towards it now that the stalk is almost horizontal. I did have to remove one fan and two lower one finger leaves because they were in the dirt. We shall see, stalk is already getting thick way faster than she's getting tall, so probably running out of time to train the main stalk. Led is at about 28 inches, suppose I could raise it to see if she would stretch, but I honestly don't think she would. Today is day 5 without water. Soil I dumped her brother out of was probably a day away from needing water, her pot is still a little heavy, so another day at least. She looks a little sad, but that's cause I was messing with her and the humidity was low from me being in and out. Rearranged and cleaned the closet. Put the small humidifier in there, well see how that goes. Temps in the negative later this week so humidity should be fun. Tried the other style heater, not enough control, so back to the infared. There is an oscillating fan outside the door too, as well as the giant humidifier and heater further back. I swear if this bitch drops balls too, I'm gonna be pissed.
20230131 094513
20230131 093508
20230131 093540
20230131 093608

Well that's all I have. Everyone smoke one in remembrance of Gelato, may his pollen spread freely in culled plant heaven. 🤣

20230131 085937
20230131 093508
20230131 093540
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Thats unfortunate about the male, he was turning into a nice little plant too. I have this blueberry auto growing now, that shot 1 ball and the rest were pistils, i plucked the ball and let it run its course. Its a little midget thing cause i overwatered in the first 2 weeks. Oops.

TSD

TSD

Thats unfortunate about the male, he was turning into a nice little plant too. I have this blueberry auto growing now, that shot 1 ball and the rest were pistils, i plucked the ball and let it run its course. Its a little midget thing cause i overwatered in the first 2 weeks. Oops.
I only saw balls so I got sick of waiting around and pulled the trigger lol.

josefrahl

josefrahl

That's why I only grow feminized autos. Just such a waste of time imo if you're working with a limited space. Guess it's not as bad if you're growing out of boredom, and your yearly crop already has you covered. 🙂

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Speaking of my closet, I might get a real set up soon... what do you guys recommend for a kit style deal, or is it better to build your own piece by piece? Best light? My room is about 11x7... might do a veg and a bloom if I can swing it, or might just keep my closet for veg.

TSD

TSD

That's why I only grow feminized autos. Just such a waste of time imo if you're working with a limited space. Guess it's not as bad if you're growing out of boredom, and your yearly crop already has you covered. 🙂
Yeah... but my favorites are almost gone and I like variety, so it woulda been nice. I just assumed it would be feminized... who wants reg autos? Nobody, guess that's why they were free lol.

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Speaking of my closet, I might get a real set up soon... what do you guys recommend for a kit style deal, or is it better to build your own piece by piece? Best light? My room is about 11x7... might do a veg and a bloom if I can swing it, or might just keep my closet for veg.

that's what I'm moving towards - 5x10 for flowerin' and will use my closet for veg, or possibly set up the 4x4 for veg. So many options! Piece together usually is much cheaper imo and for lights...I would prob do 4 bar style lights around 300-500w each. All depends on what you can afford but there are lots of affordable options here with @PhlizonGrowLight and @SpiderFarmerLED

2Bad

2Bad

Yeah... but my favorites are almost gone and I like variety, so it woulda been nice. I just assumed it would be feminized... who wants reg autos? Nobody, guess that's why they were free lol.
I've never heard of regular autos...lmao wtf

Reactions: TSD
Top Bottom