TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Yeah this is the stuff i dont believe. I believe there are 8 week flower to harvest strains but not 8 week seed to harvest strains, even 12/12 from seed takes longer than 8 weeks
Well I'm going into week 8 and she just started flowering last week... but she was stunted too and my setup isn't ideal. Only doing this out of boredom so I don't care. Gonna rig up a shop light somewhere in the same room to start babies I think... since this lady is taking up real estate for a while. Hopefully she'll be done by the time they're ready for more light. My outdoor ladies are my main concern.

TSD

TSD

Well I've solved the seed starting dilemma, temporarily.
20230228 164027

Yes this is my vanity and yes I wrapped a chain around it and hung a shop light. #MacGyver4Life 🤣

Hey we've got all the essential components, so it should do right? There's even a drawer for starting my seeds in my nice warm room. 😁
20230228 164048

I'll start a thread for my outdoor grow in the next week sometime When I drop my seeds.

I also cleaned and rearranged Gorilla Glue's accommodations, she was touching the walls, so I switched the lights and put her in the doorway so she can stretch her arms. I usually rotate her at least once a day too.
20230228 173811

That's all I have for now. ✌️

TSD

TSD

Well yesterday was 8 weeks. She's a very hairy lady currently, just pushing pistils like crazy, waiting on the buds and trichomes to start forming.
Sunday the 26th she got a gallon of plain water. I used distilled a couple times because my water has so much calcium, I didn't want to over do it... think I'll go back to regular though, she has a couple brown spots on a few leaves, might do a full dose of epsom next time, I've been going light with it.
Wednesday the 1st I gave her a half gallon of plain water, let it soak in for a few hours, then gave a half gallon of full strength bloom nutes... just seemed like a good idea to let her drink some plain water first because I know I'm pushing it with the nutes cause shes got some crispy tips, (which I don't usually have on my photos, but most say it's not a huge deal) ...probably makes zero difference because it's in the soil regardless... but my stoner brain said do it lol.
She seems overall pretty content. I know I have some time left and am unsure of how much more or how often I should feed her... guess I'll keep winging it lol. Might do 2 plain waterings and see how she looks. It's been 2 to 3 days between waterings currently. I did 3 and she got a decent droop on, so Like 2 and a half is probably perfect lol.
20230302 170838
20230302 170933
20230302 170650

✌️

TSD

TSD

Ok peeps, the time has come, the time I need help because I fucked something up lol. My theory is the distilled water I gave 2 times in a row had no calcium and now I have a calcium deficiency.... but it could also be a potassium deficiency, or nute burn, or all three, or something else entirely. I last fed on the 1st of this month. She has had one epsom water and one plain water feeding since. She will need water again tomorrow or Friday, so I need to decide what to do.
My choices are:
1: Let it ride and give plain water again in case it's nute burn from when I fed too close together a few weeks back.
2: Give a dose if the dreaded cal mag that I hate because it always seems to cause issues for me.
3: Give a dose of something heavy in potassium like kelp fertilizer.
4: Give both cal/Mag and potassium because to me it looks like signs of both.
Autos are not my jam fam... help!
20230308 114707
20230308 114719
20230308 114659
20230308 115714

20230308 120427
@Aqua Man I don't think you're following this and I know you're super busy on here but I'm gonna tag you cause you're like the deficiency guru lol.
I don't usually flower inside and don't usually run into deficiencies on my outdoor stuff so this is uncharted territory for me. Not overly concerned because this is just for fun, but would like to learn something from it at least. I know I fucked up using distilled water and I fucked up feeding too close and I over corrected not feeding at all for 4 waterings. So now what? She's going into her 4th week of flower, so has a ways to go yet.

TSD

TSD

@Aqua Man I don't think my first tag worked and I can't edit lol. Help me oh sage one!

TSD

TSD

Or #5, give a full strength dose of bloom nutes and hope for the best. I do have some plain seaweed fertilizer that is 0-0-1 if I decide it might be potassium... I can't tell if it's that causing the messed up tips or if it's actually over fed. Fml I need to stick to outdoor lol...

steamroller

steamroller

Looks like just cal/mag to me?
What type of cal mag do you use that always gives you trouble?

TSD

TSD

Looks like just cal/mag to me?
What type of cal mag do you use that always gives you trouble?
The one that came with the 3 pack of Dutch Science that I bought like 2 years back, probably old at this point, but it is in a Mason jar. My problem was, I gave it in veg when I didn't really need it I think, but now that I'm flowering inside under lights, I probably need it.
Screenshot 20230308 162412 Chrome

steamroller

steamroller

The ratio is wrong IMO.
2.5 Ca and 2.0 Mg? I may be wrong , never used that brand , but that is almost even 1;1 .
Most go 3;1 up to 5;1 Ca/Mg
I always dosed separately using Epsom salt for Mg and a Straight Ca supplement like Jacks.

The spots indicate more of a CA def IMO.
Maybe just use your tap next and use half strength of the calmag.

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

No autos going at the moment, but have run a couple hundred indoors. Her leaves are showing signs of potassium deficiency imo. The tips end up looking kind of burned with the ends curling up. But instead of a little yellow burnt tips like nutrient burn, it’s a creeping burn. Damage starting along the edges. Lots of time the serrations tip up and you frequently get some funky colors, oranges, etc. However, if it’s from being underfed, potassium will usually start eating shaded leaves first, and they’ll just get yellow and fall off. When I have seen those symptoms up higher on the plant, I usually start looking for something that is locking me out of potassium. Maybe calcium too, but also a potential culprit. It’s been some years ago, but I’ve definitely seen some autos that look like that. If it were me, I would probably slurry test the soil to get a sense of whether it’s overfed or underfed and start there. Just my $.02. Cheers

TSD

TSD

The ratio is wrong IMO.
2.5 Ca and 2.0 Mg? I may be wrong , never used that brand , but that is almost even 1;1 .
Most go 3;1 up to 5;1 Ca/Mg
I always dosed separately using Epsom salt for Mg and a Straight Ca supplement like Jacks.

The spots indicate more of a CA def IMO.
Maybe just use your tap next and use half strength of the calmag.
Yeah I went back to tap and have been giving epsom. Maybe I'll see if I can find straight calcium, if not, I'll just use what I have.

TSD

TSD

No autos going at the moment, but have run a couple hundred indoors. Her leaves are showing signs of potassium deficiency imo. The tips end up looking kind of burned with the ends curling up. But instead of a little yellow burnt tips like nutrient burn, it’s a creeping burn. Damage starting along the edges. Lots of time the serrations tip up and you frequently get some funky colors, oranges, etc. However, if it’s from being underfed, potassium will usually start eating shaded leaves first, and they’ll just get yellow and fall off. When I have seen those symptoms up higher on the plant, I usually start looking for something that is locking me out of potassium. Maybe calcium too, but also a potential culprit. It’s been some years ago, but I’ve definitely seen some autos that look like that. If it were me, I would probably slurry test the soil to get a sense of whether it’s overfed or underfed and start there. Just my $.02. Cheers
Yeah I should probably own a meter anyway lol. I don't even really know what I'm looking for as far as numbers, but I have Google. Probably have to order one, doubt I can find it locally. I was thinking potassium myself, but symptoms overlap so much, and it can be more than one thing.

TSD

TSD

Well today is the start of week 9, week 4 of flower. Looking like stomped dog shit to be honest. 🤣
20230309 081037
20230309 080826
20230309 080908
20230309 080953

I've landed on Potassium deficiency from overcorrecting, with the start of calcium deficiency from the week of distilled water. I feel like she should be making trichomes by now and she's not, I think I've stalled her with my abuse and crazy feeding... I was so worried about doing that right with an auto that I did it very wrong lol.

Overfeeding followed by underfeeding followed by using distilled water for no real reason. Rookie mistakes. Maybe I should start watering every day to really fuck shit up. 🤣 I've decided I don't like autos and my squirley brain needs the time that photos offer lol. I'm usually good at catching and fixing fuck ups before they turn catastrophic... maybe not so much with autos lol. I think I overthunk it. 🤔

Going to try and get a meter today or order one. There's sooo many options, recommendations for a 💲budget💲 one that works decently?

I raised the lights yesterday and shut off the blurple light that I added because I stole the light box for the babies, they were ready for more light.
I plan on giving a good dose of seaweed fertilizer tomorrow (or later if she dries enough) and probably cal mag too. It pains me to sit and wait for her to dry so I can give her what she (hopefully) needs, but I don't want to add overwatering to this mess. I have the fan pointed at her pot and the temp at 80, humidity is in the 40s... dry out dammit!
20230309 085331
If I didn't have babies in here I'd make it even dryer for today... they have new accommodations in a makeshift tent with a tiny humidifier till they are a bit bigger and the closet is free, but it only keeps them at about 15% higher than the room RH because I obviously can't seal them in with no fresh air.
20230309 084417
Ugh I need a real setup in my life.
This bitch is never going to finish and get out if I keep abusing her like this. I'm ready to be out in the garden under the sun where I belong and know wtf I'm doing. ☀️👌🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom