TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Only 2 weeks? Cabin fever and seasonal affective disorder set in on me at the beginning of February. Why do I live where the air hurts my face man? View attachment 1338839
Well maybe more than 2 weeks idk anymore. All i do know is it was like 65 almost 70 here not that long ago for a few days and now its 18 and windy as hell, so im angry about it cause i was hoping for a wicked early start to spring but guess not.. 😔

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

My pets agree, they are soaking up the sun in the kitchen.
20230309 121548
20230309 122748
20230309 121816

...And in the snow.
20230309 122310

TSD

TSD

Well maybe more than 2 weeks idk anymore. All i do know is it was like 65 almost 70 here not that long ago for a few days and now its 18 and windy as hell, so im angry about it cause i was hoping for a wicked early start to spring but guess not.. 😔
Ah yes, the dreaded "fool's spring" we usually have a few of them up here before actual spring.... then like 2 weeks of mud, then you wake up one day and everything is green and you're immediately in a better mood lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Ah yes, the dreaded "fool's spring" we usually have a few of them up here before actual spring.... then like 2 weeks of mud, then you wake up one day and everything is green and you're immediately in a better mood lol.
Yeah its the same here too, i just got a little to excited when the first warm snap came around and now it sucks cause everything is buried under a foot of snow 😑

steamroller

steamroller

Your plant does not look bad.
Autos have their limits IME.
I won't argue about quality, but you will never see auto trees like you grow outside.
Besides like you being all in on photos to allow for my grow disability I can not do organic either.
I am a wait and see guy so autos and organics never work out like photos.

Mikedin

Mikedin

Staff
Supporter
Every year haha

TSD

TSD

Well... 2 feedings of calmag and seaweed fertilizer and no improvements and progression continues... so I'm leaning towards lockout. I ordered a water ph meter, a new soil ph meter and a tds/ec meter but they're like a week out still. I can't justify spending a ton on an expensive meter to test nutrients and stuff when I don't even care about this plant. I'm about to throw it in the fire pit so I can focus on my outdoor babies because I have zero emotional attachment to this bitch and if I fuck up my outdoor babies in my hillbilly setup worrying about a stupid tiny auto, I'm gonna be real mad.
I would like to give it an attempt for the sole purpose of learning something... but I'm kind of in limbo with no meters and this thing is probably going to be rough in another week.
Any advice besides don't grow autos and treat them like photos? Lol. Should I flush? I hate to flush. I feel like my water is probably the culprit here, it's hard and something in it has changed recently, it smells metallic and never has before. I should get it tested. If it is bad according to my meter, what should I use? Spring water or something from the store? Brita water? Test all my local Spring water? Safe bet it's all hard water. Ugh this is annoying. I need to know asap cause I won't give the babies my water either.
20230314 092646
20230314 092652
20230314 092700
20230314 092707

steamroller

steamroller

My next thought would be Potassium [K] def.
I refer back to this too often; https://drcannabis.io/symptoms
K in particular; https://drcannabis.io/potassium-deficiency-flowering
If you asked how much longer to harvest like many do, I would guess weeks even without issue.
The link says K def slows bud formation...

Again having grown autos once I just think they don't offer you the opportunity to play catch up?
So I can't say if you should throw anything at her or not.
Can you just move her to a sunny window and let what ever happens just to preserve and move babies along?

E

elusiveshame

Well... 2 feedings of calmag and seaweed fertilizer and no improvements and progression continues... so I'm leaning towards lockout. I ordered a water ph meter, a new soil ph meter and a tds/ec meter but they're like a week out still. I can't justify spending a ton on an expensive meter to test nutrients and stuff when I don't even care about this plant. I'm about to throw it in the fire pit so I can focus on my outdoor babies because I have zero emotional attachment to this bitch and if I fuck up my outdoor babies in my hillbilly setup worrying about a stupid tiny auto, I'm gonna be real mad.
I would like to give it an attempt for the sole purpose of learning something... but I'm kind of in limbo with no meters and this thing is probably going to be rough in another week.
Any advice besides don't grow autos and treat them like photos? Lol. Should I flush? I hate to flush. I feel like my water is probably the culprit here, it's hard and something in it has changed recently, it smells metallic and never has before. I should get it tested. If it is bad according to my meter, what should I use? Spring water or something from the store? Brita water? Test all my local Spring water? Safe bet it's all hard water. Ugh this is annoying. I need to know asap cause I won't give the babies my water either.
View attachment 1340398View attachment 1340399View attachment 1340400View attachment 1340401

If you’re getting ready to toss her into a fire pit, I’d give flushing a shot. I had a similar issue as this with mine, but they were only 2-3ish weeks from harvest, so I just let it ride without adjusting anything. You seem a bit earlier in flower, so if I were willing to accept tossing it, I’d try flushing first.

Worst that happens is you still trash the plant, but regardless you still learn something about these plants.

Good luck!

TSD

TSD

My next thought would be Potassium [K] def.
I refer back to this too often; https://drcannabis.io/symptoms
K in particular; https://drcannabis.io/potassium-deficiency-flowering
If you asked how much longer to harvest like many do, I would guess weeks even without issue.
The link says K def slows bud formation...

Again having grown autos once I just think they don't offer you the opportunity to play catch up?
So I can't say if you should throw anything at her or not.
Can you just move her to a sunny window and let what ever happens just to preserve and move babies along?
Yeah it's definitely potassium related... I just don't know why. Best guess is PH, or because I over did the nitrogen a few weeks back and it blocked potassium and it's just now manifested badly... or I went too long trying to correct my overfeeding, which wasn't horrible honestly, and it is in fact deficient... but I have seaweed fertilizer that is literally only K... 0-0-1... which isn't much obviously, but I did a double dose and a regular dose and nothing yet and still progression of the issue.
It also looks like a calcium issue too though, so that's why I think ph lockout. I dunno man I usually don't need to get so scientific with mother nature, that's why I grow outside in the dirt lol. My junky soil ph meter says I'm just barely under 7, so I wouldn't think that's bad enough for lockout, but I also don't think those are very accurate. Glad I put "attempts" in my title cause this is a fail lol.
I know I'm nowhere near done, she'll be dead before she's done at this rate. Has just barely started making trichs, which is another indication that something very off I would think.

TSD

TSD

If you’re getting ready to toss her into a fire pit, I’d give flushing a shot. I had a similar issue as this with mine, but they were only 2-3ish weeks from harvest, so I just let it ride without adjusting anything. You seem a bit earlier in flower, so if I were willing to accept tossing it, I’d try flushing first.

Worst that happens is you still trash the plant, but regardless you still learn something about these plants.

Good luck!
Yeah I will, but no sense flushing with water that might be the cause of the issue either... so I dunno. I just want spring so I can get back to growing how I know how to grow lol... maybe someday I'll get a real setup and learn how to do indoor properly... but probably not with autos lol.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
Yeah I will, but no sense flushing with water that might be the cause of the issue either... so I dunno. I just want spring so I can get back to growing how I know how to grow lol... maybe someday I'll get a real setup and learn how to do indoor properly... but probably not with autos lol.
You could melt some snow.

• Haha
TSD

TSD

Well this was the best I could do in my town until my Amazon stuff comes. I feel like the color is different depending how you look at it, it says in natural light... but to my eyes that color is between 5.5 and 6... so not bad... So based on this test... likely not ph, just me going all wonky with the feeding and fucking shit up.
I'm not sure if a flush would help or hurt at this point...
20230315 073545
20230315 073702
20230315 074040

I also did a capsule w just plain water just for the hell of it, figured the chemical reaction would still tell me a ballpark ph... looks to be between 6.5 and 7 to me... further evidence that I'm a dumbass. 🤪
20230315 075551

So, aside from buying the test to test for nutrients that I probably won't be able to fix in time to make a difference... that's where I'm at.
The garden store had one just like this but to test nutrients, figured I'd check ph first before spending 25 bucks on that too... I don't know how well those tests even work.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Well this was the best I could do in my town until my Amazon stuff comes. I feel like the color is different depending how you look at it, it says in natural light... but to my eyes that color is between 5.5 and 6... so not bad... So based on this test... likely not ph, just me going all wonky with the feeding and fucking shit up.
I'm not sure if a flush would help or hurt at this point...View attachment 1340778View attachment 1340779View attachment 1340780
I also did a capsule w just plain water just for the hell of it, figured the chemical reaction would still tell me a ballpark ph... looks to be between 6.5 and 7 to me... further evidence that I'm a dumbass. 🤪 View attachment 1340785
So, aside from buying the test to test for nutrients that I probably won't be able to fix in time to make a difference... that's where I'm at.
The garden store had one just like this but to test nutrients, figured I'd check ph first before spending 25 bucks on that too... I don't know how well those tests even work.
Im not 100% on this cause i never check ph of anything but shouldn't soil ph be between like 6.2 and 7? I think you're ph is to low in the soil but im not good at diagnosis so take it with a grain of salt.

TSD

TSD

Im not 100% on this cause i never check ph of anything but shouldn't soil ph be between like 6.2 and 7? I think you're ph is to low in the soil but im not good at diagnosis so take it with a grain of salt.
I dunno man, I usually don't mess with it either... I think they say 5.8 to 6.2 is the optimal range for weed. It could be slightly low, but probably not enough to cause lockout? I don't like the color matching method, everyone has different eyes lol... I'm honestly over this damn auto.... maybe it will be dead by the time I'm done work and I won't need to worry about it anymore lol.

Oldchucky

Oldchucky

Supporter
I have use the same thing. But mine was PH and Npk. Four vials, and four different capsules. I think they work all right. Better than nothing. Hardest part was opening the capsules without spilling them all over. I. I think the kit was 35 bucks a year ago. don’t know of any other way to test for the individual npk of soil. You can get a blue lab pen that test soil pH but I wasn’t gonna pay that kind of money. So I got the kit you are using and some strips for pH and nitrates. No pen will tell you the NPK individually.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
6.2-6.8 is my OK zone, I PH every single watering regardless of nutes or not. I still use the Rosenthol PH scale for my soil.

My happiest spot is 6.3 where i believe it has the largest uptake of all nutrients.

check out a combo of maganese and zinc. zinc seems to really snuff out the blade tips first yours, sprinkle a little maganese spots on there ...

my 2 cents, but it's going towards the bill.
I know you're insanely experience and have probably thought of this

ed_rosenthal_ph_nutrient-jpg.1323083

Zinc deficiency (compare edges of fan blades) & Maganese spots

zinc -
Zinc defiency

Spots from maganese

Manganese mn

Latest posts

Top Bottom