UC 4XL Scrog in Double Lid Under 1000W

• Thread starter Th3Jungl3Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Looks good man. You are really getting the hang of it.

Thanks KAL EL!
I guess I'm being just luck in my first run, but I still having 5 more weeks to go, hope they keep happy :lock:

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hello Farmers!
I have been thinking about buying a Marineland® Multi-Stage Canister Filters as I read some threads where many farmers has been using, so I was wondering if anyone here has used or know a little bit more this product.
Is this helpful or just a waste of money?
I bought the Bio-Filter Balls but I read that we have to use it in a separate container, I didn't know that and I almost put them straight in each bucket:evilgrin0040:
I will appreciate your help guys.
Thanks

047431504905C.jpg

R

RMCG

Hello Farmers!
I have been thinking about buying a Marineland® Multi-Stage Canister Filters as I read some threads where many farmers has been using, so I was wondering if anyone here has used or know a little bit more this product.
Is this helpful or just a waste of money?
I bought the Bio-Filter Balls but I read that we have to use it in a separate container, I didn't know that and I almost put them straight in each bucket:evilgrin0040:
I will appreciate your help guys.
Thanks

047431504905C.jpg

I think you read my mind. I'm going to be implementing some DIY biofilters soon for a bennie breeding ground. Was debating canisters, but switching to something else. Bioballs are $$ for what they are. Stainless Steel Scrubbies are where its at.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Looks great and what a cool green carpet that's growing, nice job

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Looks great and what a cool green carpet that's growing, nice job

I'm glad you enjoy it woodsmaneh! The plants still growing and I was wondering if I should still keeping them under the screen or, let them grow straight up.
Do you guys know when I should stop to do it?

OK, I just pulled up a chair. Great show so far.

What's up Randy?
Nice to see you around man, make me feel more comfortable with you guys watching my journal, If I do something wrong I will have your quickly help :harvest:
Thanks

B

budfactorX

Hi Farmers!
This is my first time growing and I'd like to share this experience with you guys!
I'm stoked to see everything running after few months of hard work and a lot of stress while building the room.

Well, what I got in here is:
Flower Room,
1000W Hortilux Super HPS
6" Blockbuster
Galaxy 1000W HPS/MH 120/240V Multi-Watt & Dimmable
2 - 6" Active Air Fan 400 CFM
EcoPlus Carbonaire Filter 550 CFM
1/10 EcoPlus Water Chiller
2- EcoPlus 16" Wall Mount Fan

Strains:
4 Chemdog
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Sour Diesel

I'm using 1/4 of Nutrients strength
Dutch Master.
Grow A + B 180ml
ADD .27 115ml
Silica 20ml
Drip Clean5ml
Great White 2 Scoops
Roots Excel 45ml

PH 5.6
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 68.

Temperature in the room is around 75-77f during in the morning but increases to 80ish when the chiller turns on, the humidity drops to 35%, and at night temp stays at 75f and 45% humidity.
I have one fan bringing fresh air to the room 24/7 which has been keeping the room much cooler during the days.
Few plants got root rot like 10 days ago and I had to be treating them with H202, which didn't help much, but 4 days ago I started using Roots Excel + Great White and the roots has been growing CRAZY! Highly recommended!!!
I transplanted them yesterday night, the photos you see of the long roots ones were taken before transplant, while they were in the 3" netpot. This morning I went there to check and as you can see the roots are already poking out of the netpot!
The net is 12" away from the buckets and 20" from the hood, didn't feel my skin burning under the light but I'm checking every hour for burns or any stress signs.
The humidity is below 50%, I was not expecting that at tall as in my vegetating box is always over 55%.
If you guys could please recommend something nice I'd appreciate :)

The box I'm keeping the plants vegetating is a 3x3x5 with 2 15 Gallon DWC holding 15 plants each, and they're under 1 2ft 6 bulbs, another 2ft 4 bulbs and 2 6" Air King fan, but I will install another one of 20" on the top of the box as I have seen condensation early morning.

PH 6.0
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 70
Strains:
Warlock
Super Lemon Haze
Chronic
Purple Kush
Granddaddy Purple
Morning Glory
White Widow
White Rhino
Sour Diesel
Super Haze

I have been reading almost every single thread in the past 6 months, about electricity, safety, systems, Nutrients and etc. It took me 4 months to get here, everything started from seed, and it was meant to be simple, fast, and easy, but it wasn't at all!
Thanks to all you guys posting your ideas and pictures of your setups. Without you guys :party0023:, some good divine thoughts :very_first_smiley:
my wife's patience :anim_09: and some really good :weed-sign:, I would not have achieved this.

hi i noticed you had you extract filter tucked away in the corner on the floor, its best to have your intake as close to the ground level as possible and your extract filter as high as possible, also you should connect your fan directly to your filter in order to get maximum extraction, keep away from walls so it gets even air flow. also just wondering i'm a big fan of roots exel i use it at 5ml per gallon was just wanting to know if you do to. the room looks great by the way, much more elaborate than youd expect for a first effort, but if your gonna do it you may aswell do it right.

R

RMCG

5ml/g of Roots Excel? Damn! You only need 1.1ml/g Save some $$.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Hi Farmers!
This is my first time growing and I'd like to share this experience with you guys!
I'm stoked to see everything running after few months of hard work and a lot of stress while building the room.

Well, what I got in here is:
Flower Room,
1000W Hortilux Super HPS
6" Blockbuster
Galaxy 1000W HPS/MH 120/240V Multi-Watt & Dimmable
2 - 6" Active Air Fan 400 CFM
EcoPlus Carbonaire Filter 550 CFM
1/10 EcoPlus Water Chiller
2- EcoPlus 16" Wall Mount Fan

Strains:
4 Chemdog
2 Super Lemon Haze
2 Sour Diesel

I'm using 1/4 of Nutrients strength
Dutch Master.
Grow A + B 180ml
ADD .27 115ml
Silica 20ml
Drip Clean5ml
Great White 2 Scoops
Roots Excel 45ml

PH 5.6
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 68.

Temperature in the room is around 75-77f during in the morning but increases to 80ish when the chiller turns on, the humidity drops to 35%, and at night temp stays at 75f and 45% humidity.
I have one fan bringing fresh air to the room 24/7 which has been keeping the room much cooler during the days.
Few plants got root rot like 10 days ago and I had to be treating them with H202, which didn't help much, but 4 days ago I started using Roots Excel + Great White and the roots has been growing CRAZY! Highly recommended!!!
I transplanted them yesterday night, the photos you see of the long roots ones were taken before transplant, while they were in the 3" netpot. This morning I went there to check and as you can see the roots are already poking out of the netpot!
The net is 12" away from the buckets and 20" from the hood, didn't feel my skin burning under the light but I'm checking every hour for burns or any stress signs.
The humidity is below 50%, I was not expecting that at tall as in my vegetating box is always over 55%.
If you guys could please recommend something nice I'd appreciate :)

The box I'm keeping the plants vegetating is a 3x3x5 with 2 15 Gallon DWC holding 15 plants each, and they're under 1 2ft 6 bulbs, another 2ft 4 bulbs and 2 6" Air King fan, but I will install another one of 20" on the top of the box as I have seen condensation early morning.

PH 6.0
PPM 520/EC.77
Water Temp 70
Strains:
Warlock
Super Lemon Haze
Chronic
Purple Kush
Granddaddy Purple
Morning Glory
White Widow
White Rhino
Sour Diesel
Super Haze

I have been reading almost every single thread in the past 6 months, about electricity, safety, systems, Nutrients and etc. It took me 4 months to get here, everything started from seed, and it was meant to be simple, fast, and easy, but it wasn't at all!
Thanks to all you guys posting your ideas and pictures of your setups. Without you guys :party0023:, some good divine thoughts :very_first_smiley:
my wife's patience :anim_09: and some really good :weed-sign:, I would not have achieved this.

hi i noticed you had you extract filter tucked away in the corner on the floor, its best to have your intake as close to the ground level as possible and your extract filter as high as possible, also you should connect your fan directly to your filter in order to get maximum extraction, keep away from walls so it gets even air flow. also just wondering i'm a big fan of roots exel i use it at 5ml per gallon was just wanting to know if you do to. the room looks great by the way, much more elaborate than youd expect for a first effort, but if your gonna do it you may aswell do it right.

Hello budfactorX!
Thanks for the help!
I already moved the filter to the ceiling right next to the hood. The inline fan you saw in the corner, is the inline that is bringing fresh air from outside, the inline fan exhausting the hot air is in the other end of the hood I'll post some photos tomorrow.
About Roots Excelurator, I do use it, but 1ml per gallon, a total of 45ml.
Thanks again

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

What do you guys think about this one?
It's cheaper compared with the marineland ones and has Built-in 9W UV Sterilizer to kill viruses and harmful parasites.
Check out on ebay:

HW-SERIES.jpg

R

RMCG

UV also kills 'beneficials' too.

You need to decide if you are going to run a sterile res or a 'live' one.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

UV also kills 'beneficials' too.

You need to decide if you are going to run a sterile res or a 'live' one.

Thanks for the infor RMCG.
I didn't think about that. I just saw your great thread about the DIY PVC Biofilter and I will check out the parts to get one :)
Thanks again

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Flower, Day 31

Hi Guys!
I have a short update and some bad news.
I need your HELP to figure out this.
I have been noticing since day 10 of flower that couple plants were not responding well, and I really thought it was caused by the high PPM at 900 in the first week. Well, I dropped it quickly to 700, then to 650 and kept it until 3 days ago when I decided to top off with plain water dropping the PPM to 560.
Today when I went there to check on them, they look much worse! Only 2 strains are showing than the other, Chemdog, which was the first one, and the Sour Diesel starting like 5 days ago, and when I check yesterday wasn't looking so bad.
So guys, after read and reread the very helpful thread I was wondering if maybe wasn't caused by Nutrients burns, but a deficiency of something, which most seems like Calcium or Potassium.
Maybe I haven't been using enough base N-P-K? Should I wait for few more days as I have dropped the PPM to 560? But I wonder how come a plant going to week 5 of flower being burned at 600 PPM. Have you ever seen a case like this?
I'm uploading the best pics I could take as the camera has not have many functions available.
I really appreciate your help guys.
Thanks
IMG_0315.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0318.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG

IMG_0325.JPG
IMG_0327.JPG

IMG_0328.JPG
IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG

IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0341.JPG

IMG_0342.JPG
IMG_0343.JPG

IMG_0345.JPG

LOOK TO THE LEFT TOP CORNER OF THE PHOTO. ONLY 2 BRANCHES ARE LOOKING BAD, EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMS NORMAL.
IMG_0346.JPG

NEW TOP LEAVES GETTING CURLY AND DRY
IMG_0348.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG

FEW MORE SINGLE SHOT OF THE LEAVES FOR BETTER ANALYZING
IMG_0351.JPG

IMG_0353.JPG

IMG_0354.JPG

THIS IS WHAT SEEMS TO BE THE BEGGINING OF THE STAGE IN A BIG FAN LEAF.

IMG_0355.JPG
IMG_0357.JPG
IMG_0356.JPG

IMG_0358.JPG

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a combination of a few things that prob began with a slight nute burn, possibly a beginning stage of lockout due to an imbalance of the Nutrient profile, and most likely Localized VPD is aggravating the situation if there are any fans blowing strong wind and whipping those upper leaves... The lower leaves look like they aren't receiving enough light under the screen and will typically look like that with low lumens... :thinking

What are the PPM and pH stats between your top offs? :wondering You should be taking notes on how much each fluctuates as that will help you determine if the girls are getting enough food and water.

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's a combination of a few things that prob began with a slight nute burn, possibly a beginning stage of lockout due to an imbalance of the Nutrient profile, and most likely Localized VPD is aggravating the situation if there are any fans blowing strong wind and whipping those upper leaves... The lower leaves look like they aren't receiving enough light under the screen and will typically look like that with low lumens... :thinking

What are the PPM and pH stats between your top offs? :wondering You should be taking notes on how much each fluctuates as that will help you determine if the girls are getting enough food and water.

Hi Shady!
Thanks a lot for you prompt reply.
I really screw not taking those notes between top off :(
If you don't mind to answer, what is VDP?:worried Vapor Pressure Deficit?
Yes there is a fan right in front of the damaged leaves as you can see in this photo
IMG_0330.JPG

Actually this part of the plant is the only one looking really ugly, everything else is fine with some showing just a little bit of what could be nutrient burn.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Yep... Localized Vapor Pressure Deficit >>> High wind speed causing a low humidity at the surface of the leaf resulting in a high VPD. I posted quite a bit on this phenomenon over the last two yrs... And I was indeed thinking a slight nute burn on the rest from the beginning of bloom... :thinking

Your room's RH should be between 50 and 60% at this point... Aiming for 80 deg ambient temps. Noting and checking pH and PPM's is done immediately before top off and about 4 hrs after top off. I also do periodic checks between top offs, but don't note those... :nod

T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Yep... Localized Vapor Pressure Deficit >>> High wind speed causing a low humidity at the surface of the leaf resulting in a high VPD. I posted quite a bit on this phenomenon over the last two yrs... And I was indeed thinking a slight nute burn on the rest from the beginning of bloom... :thinking

Your room's RH should be between 50 and 60% at this point... Aiming for 80 deg ambient temps. Noting and checking pH and PPM's is done immediately before top off and about 4 hrs after top off. I also do periodic checks between top offs, but don't note those... :nod

I bought a brand new Portable A/C last week but I didn't have time yet to take to the room. Maybe running the A/C and reducing the fan speed would help, don't you think?
I also noticed the pressure in the room when I look to the walls yesterday night and saw all the Mylar being expanded by the inline fan that is sucking everything in the room, huge air balls in the walls and even on the floor.
The RH in the room is always around 50% with lights on, and 60% off, but only very early in the morning until the day gets more warm.
So Shady, what's you advice for solve this?
I already reduce the inline and fan speed, and I was also thinking about to decrease the ppm from 560 to 500.
Thanks again

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
If you're at 50% RH during lights on and 60% at lights out, then I'd say that's perfect. You will prob see a drop in RH when you use the AC. More importantly, I think you need to compare the fluctuations in PPM and pH as I mentioned above, before you adjust the top off either direction. For example I compare the PPM's and pH from the last top off (4 hr stat) to the present day... In this example it's been 3 days since top off and the water level has dropped 4 gallons. If the PPM's have dropped and pH has increased slightly, I would mix 4 gal at a higher PPM and lower pH. You will know when the system is dialed-in when they drink 4 gal and the PPM is relatively the same between top offs... Hope this is more clear... :cool

Top Bottom