Water cooled grow room

• Thread starter Racker
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Had to stop in. Funny how pictures say 1000 words. This is a vary impressive. Vary close to my set up too. Only thing is I use AMhydro miniPH and not the full doser for ppms. The water cool and duct is not bad at all. The walls are great too. I would have place some black and white, pollypanda,ORCA FILM!, some kind of white. The CCTV...JELLUS over that, Something on my wish list for sure.

Why is there no wall fans? I think me and one of my other friends had bad yield, with out the air just being pushed around. Since your a highly smart in this area. Why do more and more mult light set ups just push tons plants together. Then for get air needs to be moved around in the Center of a few lights?

The covers sure help on top of your girls. Props on taking the time to clean and use something that lets air threw while stopping light and bugs.

What are your thoughts on the new AMhydro dosers? Your auto gear junkie like I.

Sexy room indeed. Sure after you get done with this, you be wanting to place 1ks in.

Racker

Racker

Why would you take down the EC in week 7 , when you should increase it until week 9 . Unless you have evaporation problems , but by the looks of the pictures the girls are doin incredible .

First of all, I try to feed what they need, not creating a buffer. When you look at the pic closely, you see leaf tips curling up, meaning that the plant is protecting itself from radiation. This indicates that the plant is evaporating more than roots can supply. Vpd shows the same at the end of the 12hour day cycle.
Less salt salt in your water gives you a higher root pressure. (osmoses) Going down on nutes is also better for flavour.

Second thing, Because I make my own salt mix (A/B) I like to go back to the combo most people like to start with. More N and less P&K in the last week(s). You think I am an idiot haha?
There are enough P&K's in my pots and in my reservoir. By giving less P&K and more N, the plants eat the remaining Phosphor and kalium (potassium) they don't eat much N sow.......

When i harvest plants my medium and reservoir has the perfect nute mix for new cuttings without flushing. I start with new cuttings a few hours after harvest. This gives me more yields/year. I want to plant cuttings>grow 7/8weeks>harvest>plant>grow>harvest boom boom boom boom. Now time for flushing and playing. ;)

Racker

Racker

Had to stop in.

,ORCA FILM!.

The CCTV.

Why do more and more mult light set ups just push tons plants together.

Then for get air needs to be moved around in the Center of a few lights?

What are your thoughts on the new AMhydro dosers? Your auto gear junkie like I.

you be wanting to place 1ks in.

Welcome dude,

Tons plants? Just fill the room to the max. I never understand why people shine light on the floor in a grow.......

It's a PT camera, not a CCTV ;)

Orca is great for diffuse reflection but not to keep ethylene out.

No need for fans, the opticlimate circulates air and leaves are happy with only a little wind.

AMhydro? Never used it before, send my Intellidose back to the shop. Now i use something else.

Nono, 1K is for high rooms and big tree's.

DSC 0374
SammyFarmer

SammyFarmer

Big up Racker, really like your room and ive been very inspired when building my new room.
Im running the Opticlimate 3500 Pro 2 for my 20 x 600 W room and Im loving it. Can recommend it to anybody thinking about watercooling the room.

Havea question for you though, the growth regulator that you use from Dutch Plant Vitality, how do you use it? You just spray them weekly during veg? Just bought some myself and want to try it out on my next crop.

Secondly, have you ever tried the Aptus nutrient line or do you know anything about it? Trying it out first time and really like the results so far.

Have you seen the Grobot from Purgro? Its a growcomputer that takes care of your nutrient mixing and lights, co2 etc. (purgro.net)

Keep up the good work!

Racker

Racker

Hey Sammy,

Yeah, opticlimate saves me a lot of work. Dial in and go.

Growth regulator is for spraying on your leaves. I didn't use it this time. Plants are 3 feet, that's perfect for me.

I now Aptus, great product but i use only salt. Purgro looks great. Gonna look into it.

Yaacov

Yaacov

Salt? , like sea salt ? I never thought you are a idiot , just wanted your response , but its cool right ?

gr Yaacov

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Racker I and plenty of other people here understand that what is in the nutrients we purchase are salts in solution, but we also know that table salt in water will not feed our plants. So Yaacov's question still stands. What type of salts are you using? Where are you sourcing them from?

Racker

Racker

but we also know that table salt in water will not feed our plants. ?

Ok, Wanna go deep? (i use euro scale, sorry)

When making 10ltr of A nutrients I use 1kg Yaraliva calcinit
When making 10ltr of B nutrients I use 1kg Yara Kristalon (brown) http://www.yara.nl/doc/15616_Kristalon specificatie.pdf

The water/salt mix in my A container contains a lot of N
The water/salt mix in my B container contains a lot of P and K, a little N and all the trace elements.

I use the 2 10ltr containers to ad nutrients in a bigger reservoir to raise EC. When i use more A than B i make a grow solution(more N). When i use A and B in the same volume, i make bloom solution. When raising the B part, it's the same as using PK booster.

I set the perelistic pumps from the nutrients-computer at different speeds to make the proper mix. When A pump is turning 50% faster than the B pump the rate is 100% A to 50% B. (grow) etc etc

please do not use sea-salt or kitchen salt :p

With 2 bags of 25kg you make 23500ltr of nutrients solution.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Very cool and high-tech setup with interesting ideas. MWD

Yaacov

Yaacov

H202 peroxide , does'nt that unbalance your salts ? I understand you use it in your plant water to avoid all kind of germs and stuff like Pythium etc.
In what ratio do you use H202.

Racker

Racker

No, it doesn't. When you grow "bio" i would not recommend it. H202 attacks organic stuff. I also use the peroxide to get max oxygen in the water.
The ratio i use with 35% H202 is 1/1000

N

No Know

Awesome room dude!

It looks like if the plants are having a good time. :)

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks for the explanation about how you use your nutrient doser. I'm exploring more automation for my garden; what would you recommend to someone, knowing what you know now about it?

Racker

Racker

Automation in what way?

Climate=opticlimate
nutrients= autogrow or something
Watering=i build myself (eb/flow)
Lights&co2=dimlux
And than don't forget to look at your plants.

Last update.
EC back to 1,0
PH 5,5
Co2 900ppm

Nutrients back to grow ratio. (more N, less P&K)

Next week harvest time after 52 days 12/12. Next round Amnesia 9wks. Buds than will be smaller, yield higher (i hope)
2012 10 19 153151
2012 10 26 135311
2012 10 26 135320
2012 10 26 135325
2012 10 26 135332
2012 10 26 135337

2012 10 19 153104
nuttso

nuttso

Really like your grow mayne. I think the plants will benefit from some silicate. Especially in the stretch period! Why are you switching to more N in the last week, I was teached K is the main gameplayer with CaMg in the end. Are you talking about Hy-pro's Amnesia?

Racker

Racker

Hi Nuttso,
Your teacher was right. N is for grow, leafs, stems etc. P and K are for flowers. Little plants/cuttings don't like P and K.
There is enough P and K in the medium for the flowering plants. By raising the N and dropping the ec, the plant will eat most of the P and K from my medium leaving it with more N.

This is my way of preparing my medium for the new little plants. I don't flush, I harvest and plant new cuttings the same day.

It's all about good timing.

nuttso

nuttso

Hi Racker,

thx alot for the response. So you basically use the last week to prepare your medium with your starting regime. This sounds great. How often can you reuse the medium this way? What ezyme product do you use? Seriously, did you ever read about Si? And i think what else helps alot with plants are Harpin, Chitosan and Salicylic Acid. Helps to boost the immunsystem and Terpene production.

Again thx for the dope report.

pls post some pics of the dosing station...

Racker

Racker

Not sure.....Is it the same stuff that Aptus uses in some product? Si(OH)4

I'am not using it, it's not a good combo with H2o2 I'am told....

I reuse my medium forever. I used it for 5 years ones. Just top-up after harvest.

DSC 0373

It's also something that is common in well-water i heard and to much of it is a nono.

Latest posts

Top Bottom