What do you think my deficiency is?

• Thread starter Theknowledgeplague
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OneLuvLabs

OneLuvLabs

If you trying to drop ur ph in coco then hit em with a heavy dose of hi Brix molasses.. 1tblspn per gal. Obviously Your gonna have to bump the ph back up in proper ph range before you water.

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

If you trying to drop ur ph in coco then hit em with a heavy dose of hi Brix molasses.. 1tblspn per gal. Obviously Your gonna have to bump the ph back up in proper ph range before you water.
I have black strap molasses but I never seen a significant ph drop when I add it to the water

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

Hey man here's an update on the girls! Been watering everyday and started using the water buffer just missing some gypsum too actually bring down the ph cuz it's still around 7 once I get some gypsum I'll work it in little by little so I don't mess them up they look better honestly! Only 2 of the girls don't look 100% shits getting crouded gonna transfer to the 5×5 not gonna flip yet cuz I'm going from LED to HPS they will need time to adjust to that and I need to fix the issues before going into flower for sureView attachment 1092020View attachment 1092022

Lower the ph with sulfur (very little!!) Or ammonium sulfate does it too. I believe they are a little faster than gypsum. But if one must need gypsum best form is powdered.

Molases id only go a tsp a gallon of water....regardless of what you are told read or hear..its 1tsp per gal...unless you are outdoors. Then you can bump it up to maybe a tbsp per gallon

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

B
Imo never add molasses to a media.... only use it for teas.
I've only used molasses it after I amended the media but not this time around though I forgot it lol but now that you say it should only be used in teas then good on that

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

I also just learned that you should dilute ph down before adding it to your water? Anyone have knowledge on this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

B

I've only used molasses it after I amended the media but not this time around though I forgot it lol but now that you say it should only be used in teas then good on that
The reason I say this is it can make a sticky mess and needs to be broken down before being useful to the plant... its can also create a boom bust in the media in microbe population that can affect soil respiration and ph... im not saying it WILL do this but it is possible... so best to be broken down in a tea and then added.... thats only my opinion and I'm not saying it won't work.

OneLuvLabs

OneLuvLabs

Ok 1tblspn is prolly too much for your situation. i grow beasts in 15 & 20 gal pots. So you have to take into consideration the size of plants & volume of coco you working with. & when I said add molasses I don’t mean pour it straight without following dilutions rate on bottle! Smh. I typically add that with recharge in bloom after a deleafing to make up for the loss of sugar leafs.. it will def drop the ph in your coco.. like someone else said “it takes times to break down..”

ezenzyme

ezenzyme

I think using straight molasses is not ideal...Its ideal in a digested form...
The whole deal of compost tea blooming billions of bacteria? Then your living soils eats those bacteria? The molasses will haven eaten and digested to support the microbes, whatever is remaining for the most part should have been pre digested by them bacteria. Also you will see more nematodes and protozoa but thats the higher ups in the food chain that eat those bacteria that your trying to bloom. Anything too high or low will effect your AACT allowing bacterias that thrive at different points on the PH scale. Ever heard of lactic acid bacteria? Its in EM, its in your gut, its all around us. When you use Lactic acid bacteria to make common pickled foods like Kraut' and Kimchee you use salt to create a anaerobic acidic environment.....controlling bacterial activity via PH...
Serious about tea?? Look up Tim Wilson!!!!!
The whole concept of avoiding stuff thats too hot in your teas is that it burns and slows the bloom of bacteria. After you have brewed up your teas and bloomed all of this will a lil dab of phosphoric acid hurt? a lot of those bacteria are already dead!! Long story short, i never PH before because i am blessed with 7.1 well water and i use molasses or silica or fish to adjust the PH after.

Opinions on your right bennies? Get some EM, get some really high quality compost or EWC ideally homemade and make teas with it. Make some fungal teas. Use enzymes, in the form of SSTs to convert your raw nutes into bio avail food.

OneLuvLabs

OneLuvLabs

Here’s example of my girls in veg.
6CFD7FDD 1F3F 4F7D B9B8 5A7FC8EB25F9

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I need too or else its too alkiline is that bad?
Ph swings kill bennies.if your ph is above 7.5 id worry a bit.......a good buffered soil shoukd buffer a 7.5 tea. If your teas are getting higher than 7.8 then choose a lower start water ph.

You can cut your tea down with plain water too

Whats the ph of your tea? What is the ec/ppm of your tea?

Do you adjust the ph of the water used for your tea before anything us added? Im sure if you pre-lower your start ph then add ingredients you will hit your target ph....

Last edited:
Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Ph swings kill bennies.if your ph is above 7.5 id worry a bit.......a good buffered soil shoukd buffer a 7.5 tea. If your teas are getting higher than 7.8 then choose a lower start water ph.

You can cut your tea down with plain water too

Whats the ph of your tea? What is the ec/ppm of your tea?

Do you adjust the ph of the water used for your tea before anything us added? Im sure if you pre-lower your start ph then add ingredients you will hit your target ph....
I'll have to get back to you on that but the ph I had from my first tea was 7.4 and I haven't checked the ppm of my teas

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

I'll have to get back to you on that but the ph I had from my first tea was 7.4 and I haven't checked the ppm of my teas

I wouldn't worry about the ph of your tea if its 7.4. What i would do is what i said. Cant wait to hear back about the info..love to give/receive input...finding that sweet spot for your start ph is key to bringing your ph down.

Can you get RO water? What is your water source? Im sure you previously stated it im just too lazy to go through and dig it up...lol

RO water can lower the ph. Cider vinegar can lower ph, lemon juice too. In fact you might be able to get a half gallon of each with their own start ph of 6.0 6.3 6.5. Then brew them or go 6 6.5 7 what im getting at is each ph will render a higher result of microbes that are dependent on that ph. Not sure if this is possible just a theory. Then you can combine them and pretty much get the middle ph...

Can you culture bennies in coco and inoculate your pots with the culture?

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

They all good and right advise but like I say always why use nutes if u can just use living soil trust the bloom good just add water

Theknowledgeplague

Theknowledgeplague

Soo question about gypsum, does it lower ph? I've been reading and it sais the opposite.

Top Bottom