What's up with 2022's weed culture; Can hardly smell it. no loud verities, no awesome taste, no expansion. no high!!!

• Thread starter JANSSON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JANSSON

A friend of mine grows openly right across the street from the cop shop , he’s way over limit up there and they never mess with em . But he also has a lot of outdoor that he can’t even sell,

I’m gonna dry sift it next time I come back
Here it's a little different. I believe the hydo growers here avoid the louder varieties because they traditionally attract the wrong attention. So honestly, they probably don't have what I'm looking for.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Yes, the weed in south Florida is nowhere near as good as the hay days. Uncle Sammy has everything under his greedy thumb. Including the weed industry.
Before indoor growing became common, there were no indicas on the market in bud form, only hash from wide blades, and my group of people only bought hash when no good flowers were available ,they complained it made you tired,over time it went from high to stoned and was accepted.

J

JANSSON

Dad bud lol
That's so totally real. It's like Planet Weed being invaded by the Empire of Armatures. The crazy thing is that people don't even know if they're getting high or getting just smoked out.

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Sounds like y'all just have shit industries. For all the hate the dispensaries garner I much prefer having them than having to hunt down "the guy", arrange to meet, meet somewhere shady and have a choice of 3-4 strains. Oregon dispensaries are just fine. You can get decent mids for almost nothing. I prefer my own. Conversely, if you're willing to shell out for top shelf and know what you like, some of our commercial growers have excellent product.

J

JANSSON

Before indoor growing became common, there were no indicas on the market in bud form, only hash from wide blades, and my group of people only bought hash when no good flowers were available ,they complained it made you tired,over time it went from high to stoned and was accepted.
Man, I'm loving this. we're digging up skeletons, you know that, right? Old Party Pals, long gone and forgotten. for example, let's talk Skunk #1. Highbred from the old Acapulco Gold strain that has vanished completely. Refined, cloned and developed in small hydroponic labs mostly on the west coast. I haven't seen it for 10 to 12 years now. And I've been looking. It too was an Indica hybrid. If you grow it and it don't impress than I'm sorry, but you must have done something wrong. not sorry because I think it's the grower's fault if he can't produce some of the most impassive product on the planet, Skunk #1 strains, but rather I'm sorry that I myself am not the Master grower it would surely take to recreate this herbal wonder.

Blastfact

Blastfact

If it wasn't for the love of the grow I would shut it down. I've seen the over all decline of weed as the marketers/flimflam men of weed proclaim unendingly how much better it is now days. I would agree it taste better and smokes better be it distro or my own grow. And some of it looks fantastic! But almost all of this crap candy ass fufu weed now days has to damn near be concentrated to truly get stoned. And to be honest I really don't smoke that much anymore. Maybe a bowl a day. Some days I don't smoke at all. 75% to 80% of my grows the last 10 years I give away to friends, family, past coworkers and sometimes even strangers on the street. Of course they all think it's the best weed they have ever smoked in there life because they really have no clue how Stoney real weed is. It's like a buzz or wimpy high is some how stoned now days. This time last year I harvested my last Columbian Gold plant grown from 1975 bag seed and have been cherishing it like gold. Last weekend I made butter with the last of it and that stuff will put you completely out of commission. A pat of butter on toast and your not doing anything for 4 hours. O well.......

J

JANSSON

Sounds like y'all just have shit industries. For all the hate the dispensaries garner I much prefer having them than having to hunt down "the guy", arrange to meet, meet somewhere shady and have a choice of 3-4 strains. Oregon dispensaries are just fine. You can get decent mids for almost nothing. I prefer my own. Conversely, if you're willing to shell out for top shelf and know what you like, some of our commercial growers have excellent product.
Oregon? Figures...trust me, if I could move out to your area I'd have been there long ago. In the 70's I was fortunate enough to hook up with an Oregon Hydo Grower and found the love of my life. yes, a real stinker, but I loved it...and you know what I mean. he took care of me for 5 years, i had to go off grid, lost contact of him and have been haplessly spoiled every since I would so love to visit you great state. hard to believe it's in the US and not the UK.

J

JANSSON

f
If it wasn't for the love of the grow I would shut it down. I've seen the over all decline of weed as the marketers/flimflam men of weed proclaim unendingly how much better it is now days. I would agree it taste better and smokes better be it distro or my own grow. And some of it looks fantastic! But almost all of this crap candy ass fufu weed now days has to damn near be concentrated to truly get stoned. And to be honest I really don't smoke that much anymore. Maybe a bowl a day. Some days I don't smoke at all. 75% to 80% of my grows the last 10 years I give away to friends, family, past coworkers and sometimes even strangers on the street. Of course they all think it's the best weed they have ever smoked in there life because they really have no clue how Stoney real weed is. It's like a buzz or wimpy high is some how stoned now days. This time last year I harvested my last Columbian Gold plant grown from 1975 bag seed and have been cherishing it like gold. Last weekend I made butter with the last of it and that stuff will put you completely out of commission. A pat of butter on toast and your not doing anything for 4 hours. O well......

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

Oregon disco weed sucks. Even top shelf is harsh. Well most of it anyways. It just taste like harsh chemicals to me. Maybe I was spoiled from good pre legal weed.
I think it is just something they are doing. Something is missing or wrong in the commercial cannabis grow ops. It must be rushing to market, salt based fertilizers and probably minimal curing. Someone on here posted that phosphorus creates harshness.

Last edited:
J

JANSSON

Finally! Someone else on planet wonder with me. That's why I started this string, is that what this is, a string? well, I honestly feel it will get worse before it gets better. I suspect the stuff our Florida dispensers provide are various strains of CBD flower. and even though they indicate THC levels of 18.00-23-00 they have less than 04.00 if that. Very pretty flowers, some almost have a smell, none taste worth a fuck, and none are getting me high. I know it's all Rapid Grow Flower, seed to harvest in 3 months. hardly enough time to cultivate a fully matured exotic product. I'm about to give up too...but not yet. Florida still has some catching up to do on a few things. People around hear get nervous when things move fast. right now it's only legal for med-grades, I give it one maybe two more years and Party-dope will be legal here as well.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Man, I'm loving this. we're digging up skeletons, you know that, right? Old Party Pals, long gone and forgotten. for example, let's talk Skunk #1. Highbred from the old Acapulco Gold strain that has vanished completely. Refined, cloned and developed in small hydroponic labs mostly on the west coast. I haven't seen it for 10 to 12 years now. And I've been looking. It too was an Indica hybrid. If you grow it and it don't impress than I'm sorry, but you must have done something wrong. not sorry because I think it's the grower's fault if he can't produce some of the most impassive product on the planet, Skunk #1 strains, but rather I'm sorry that I myself am not the Master grower it would surely take to recreate this herbal wonder.
Absolutley,I love Sk#1, I made seeds of the ones I liked a long time ago before it went mostly sweet,it has skunky undertones,catpiss and fruit ,sometimes all at once and sometimes one is more dominant depending on the day or stage,stays more squat than the sweet skunk. I love it because you can still explore the line through selection without fear of inbred depression or use it to improve other strains in many ways.

20190921 173250
J

JANSSON

People who have smoked for example,real deal Thai, still remember and they didn't claim high thc % ,there's a lot more too it than thc %. The best weed was before prohibition,most current strains are rehashings of NL,Sk#1,blueberry etc
Yeah, that's the problem. For those of us who have been smoking the good stuff for years, (by that I mean exotics,) all of these fancy commercially produced flowers don't add up to a bag full of regs... And I apologize to the regs growers because their shit is usually better. I've really got take a west coast vacation.

J

JANSSON

Absolutley,I love Sk#1, I made seeds of the ones I liked a long time ago before it went mostly sweet,it has skunky undertones,catpiss and fruit ,sometimes all at once and sometimes one is more dominant depending on the day or stage,stays more squat than the sweet skunk. I love it because you can still explore the line through selection without fear of inbred depression or use it to improve other strains in many ways.
Beam me up Scotty!

J

JANSSON

same situation here in Washington, except it's still illegal to grow recreationally (fuckem). If you want good product, you gotta support your local grower.
COOL--I SAID IT A BIT DIFFERENTLY BEFORE "THE COUNCEL OF NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN CHIEVES" REGARDING A LAND PASSAGE ACTION WE WERE TAKING IN DC A FEW YEARS BACK. I SAID, "THEY HAVE TO BELIEVE IT WAS THEIR IDEA, BECAUSE IF IT'S NOT THEIR IDEA, THEY WON'T BELIEVE IT'S A GOOD ONE."

zebrausa

zebrausa

Same in Cali rec weed sucks
Your right, the quality had diminished somewhat. The bigger grows saturated the market with low thc weed that is being mislabled as 30% weed when the buzz is something like 15% weed. The only way I can afford to smoke is to grow my own. I do have connections and could get all my weed free, but I like growing and making new strains/cultivars..

J

JANSSON

COOL--I SAID IT A BIT DIFFERENTLY BEFORE "THE COUNCEL OF NATIVE AMERICAN INDIAN CHIEVES" REGARDING A LAND PASSAGE ACTION WE WERE TAKING IN DC A FEW YEARS BACK. I SAID, "THEY HAVE TO BELIEVE IT WAS THEIR IDEA, BECAUSE IF IT'S NOT THEIR IDEA, THEY WON'T BELIEVE IT'S A GOOD ONE."
I think this response was for something else. but I agree with you. i would love to support my local growers if I could find one growing Premo hydro.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Finally! Someone else on planet wonder with me. That's why I started this string, is that what this is, a string? well, I honestly feel it will get worse before it gets better. I suspect the stuff our Florida dispensers provide are various strains of CBD flower. and even though they indicate THC levels of 18.00-23-00 they have less than 04.00 if that. Very pretty flowers, some almost have a smell, none taste worth a fuck, and none are getting me high. I know it's all Rapid Grow Flower, seed to harvest in 3 months. hardly enough time to cultivate a fully matured exotic product. I'm about to give up too...but not yet. Florida still has some catching up to do on a few things. People around hear get nervous when things move fast. right now it's only legal for med-grades, I give it one maybe two more years and Party-dope will be legal here as well.
Here’s a petition bill includes provisions for home grows and rec weed https://regulateflorida.com/petition/

J

JANSSON

There are a lot of differences between commercial growing and growing for the love of the plant. These differences show up in the product.

We all know dispensary weed isn't as good as what we produce ourselves. That's why we grow it. The REASON dispensary weed isn't as good? The answer to that means nothing to me.
I like what you're saying, fact is, if you can avoid exposure to government-controlled productivity the better chance you have of producing something to be proud of. yeah, I totally get it..

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I like what you're saying, fact is, if you can avoid exposure to government-controlled productivity the better chance you have of producing something to be proud of. yeah, I totally get it..
If the gov is somehow involved,be it even just taxation(it's always deeper) you're getting ripped off,these are the same people that wanted you in prison for decades and took pleasure in destroying your family only a few years ago.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

The big grow ops are literally trying to get people not to like weed.
And to start making them think cbd weed is the same difference. So they just start buying that.
Thats another thing theyre trying to leave margin for the cbd market to thrive beyond it's real usefulness.

Basically If too much stuff comes out that trounces everything else then people's pesky standards come up all of a sudden.
I have a friend who bought cbd oil caps off the reserve,he doesn't smoke,for his dog. Now how would anyone know the appropriate dosage or even trust the content or extraction methos etc,let alone know if it works on the dog,(providing it actually is cbd processed properly)? like thc content it's marketing and people will buy into it.

Top Bottom