Who is the go to LED guy?

• Thread starter SkunkyDunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Indiva710

Indiva710

Most people use strip's these days as they have a lot better even coverage vs quantum boards...
Also all depends on what ur trying to do ..Do u want spectrum tuning,dimming,sunrise sunset settings etc too ...And check out scynce led the Raging Kush are some killer lights but they are not diy so all up to you of course ..And 1600 each light you can get pretty much anything on the market except for fohse as those are like 2200-2500 I believe it is depends on what light and model and options you choose

Indiva710

Indiva710

Pretty much the same diodes..The newer H model has a TOUCH more efficiency, and some sort of coating than the B model. I went with the proven B diodes for my 2x Kingbrite 240's w/ Cree far red and no IR or UV.

All you do is attach the driver to the heatsink/pre-assembled boards and connect a few wires with the included wago connectors. Even the dimmer pots are pre- wired.
I also have a few older HLG, Atrium, and Photon white lights to compare with..Same great quality on the Kingbrites.

My boards at full power run about 110 d F at the face..No big deal and I am in the High Sierra Desert where summers are a bitch.

Or if heat is a issue remote mount the driver and put it outside the grow room and will lower heat from the lights by about half by remote mounting the drivers outside the room

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

When ur vivosun fans take a shit as they have bad motors and will grind to a hault in no time I had 2 of them do it within a grow of bloom only...So when it happens email them and they will send u the new version they are all white and a lot nicer and quieter too but has the same cfm..It also has a wider oscillation angle too which is nice...
If not they make USB fans that clip on and use like 5w only which I'll be picking up some when the time comes to try out

thanks what I found was bad solder joints when my first one failed in 24 hrs. They sent me two replacements and I resoldered them all and so far so good. Thanksfor the heads up tho

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

Most people use strip's these days as they have a lot better even coverage vs quantum boards...
Also all depends on what ur trying to do ..Do u want spectrum tuning,dimming,sunrise sunset settings etc too ...And check out scynce led the Raging Kush are some killer lights but they are not diy so all up to you of course ..And 1600 each light you can get pretty much anything on the market except for fohse as those are like 2200-2500 I believe it is depends on what light and model and options you choose

mine cost around 700$to build complete installed.... but yea those are killer
Lights I have posted about them previously

Indiva710

Indiva710

thanks what I found was bad solder joints when my first one failed in 24 hrs. They sent me two replacements and I resoldered them all and so far so good. Thanksfor the heads up tho
That's funny as mine did the same the 1st batch I had did that and then the other 2 the motors went to shit started grinding and they was vertical too and they still went to shit but they sent me 2 replacements with the white ones as I asked them since I had 2 fans the blue ones I imagine the other will break soon so they sent me 1 white 1 blue then gave me a full refund and then sent me another white one to correct it lol and those cannot be resoldered if course...The secret jardin ones did the same then they fixed them but I went to vivosun they have one of the best customer service and warranty for items I've seen and have no issues buying their products as if something goes wrong they fix it in no time or refund you the money and you keep the product too..They did that with my 600w hps I got from them a few years back ....Def one of the best companies in the game mainly for their pricing and customer service.....
And the USB fans I'm going to check out they are like $25 too and saves u 25w per fan vs the vivosun and I bet the vivosun clamp will attach to it to even lol...As I do like their clamp vs other companies pry the best tent fan clamp out

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

That's funny as mine did the same the 1st batch I had did that and then the other 2 the motors went to shit started grinding and they was vertical too and they still went to shit but they sent me 2 replacements with the white ones as I asked them since I had 2 fans the blue ones I imagine the other will break soon so they sent me 1 white 1 blue then gave me a full refund and then sent me another white one to correct it lol and those cannot be resoldered if course...The secret jardin ones did the same then they fixed them but I went to vivosun they have one of the best customer service and warranty for items I've seen and have no issues buying their products as if something goes wrong they fix it in no time or refund you the money and you keep the product too..They did that with my 600w hps I got from them a few years back ....Def one of the best companies in the game mainly for their pricing and customer service.....
And the USB fans I'm going to check out they are like $25 too and saves u 25w per fan vs the vivosun and I bet the vivosun clamp will attach to it to even lol...As I do like their clamp vs other companies pry the best tent fan clamp out

I got two for like 35, and they sent me two more and I repaired the first twoso four for 35 isn’t bad

Indiva710

Indiva710

Yeah IMO scynce led is thee best light company in the game right now being 100 made in house in the USA is incredible they build their power supplies and everything but the diodes in house and they q.c every single light that leaves their facility and not to mention all the shit they have that no one else does and considering the price for the upper end leds that has just dimming and sunrise sunset like big deal a b series driver does that ...But ya I'm buying me some of them that's for sure as I can't find anything else that has what they have ...So I'm sold..And If there's ever a issue they will hot swap and send me a replacement and then I send in the broken one simple as that..Which most companies won't do and make u send it back 1st then u get a new one which is bs when u have a grow going....I been looking lights up for months now and even the new ones from like mjbiz convention....However there is a cmh that has full spectrum tuning on it however I can't find it but heard about it in a video and they showed it just not close up or anything for a name but it does sound interesting tho although I'm more of a led guy esp for my current setup in a tent ....Only if I had a greenhouse room in my house that would be sooooo bitchn and dopetastic I would never leave home and would grow everything fuck it the greenhouse could be 70% of the house I'd be fine w that lol

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
Well, Vicky is getting invoice together or how ever its done for 4 lights.

The 4 panels will make an approximate 15"×49" panel.
And my canopy is 36"×72".

Here is where youuns 2 cents comes in.
😉

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So I'm purchasing tommorrow, couple quick questions?
What's this Trade Assurance thing attached to purchases?
And second, uhm, well that's it.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

So I'm purchasing tommorrow, couple quick questions?
What's this Trade Assurance thing attached to purchases?
And second, uhm, well that's it.
I THINK Trade Assurance is a 3rd party that is between you and your vendor (no charge). They need your OK to release the funds to the vendor which you must supply.
I only ordered once and don't remember the details of Trade Assurance, but I considered it a positive!
@basscaptain has placed more orders and may have a different take.

Plz keep us posted as you go..TIA

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
And yes, the Trade Assurance is some sort of management system to direct funds and keep record of transactions for warranty etc.
It also offers a additional option, at a cost, to track item pre shipment?!?
Or something.

I THINK Trade Assurance is a 3rd party that is between you and your vendor (no charge). They need your OK to release the funds to the vendor which you must supply.
I only ordered once and don't remember the details of Trade Assurance, but I considered it a positive!
@basscaptain has placed more orders and may have a different take.

Plz keep us posted as you go..TIA

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

And yes, the Trade Assurance is some sort of management system to direct funds and keep record of transactions for warranty etc.
It also offers a additional option, at a cost, to track item pre shipment?!?
Or something.
I never did that..Mine arrived in under a week and Kingbrite shipped within 24 hrs pf payment. There should be no need for any xtras!

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
No and I didn't donate any more than necessary.
I imagine mine will ship Monday since I purchased Friday noon. I did get the payment completed within 15 minutes and a fraud alert from my bank! I guess they got my back?!
I'm, well just happier than chit! I have been looking down this rabbit hole for over 18 months. I am anxious.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

No and I didn't donate any more than necessary.
I imagine mine will ship Monday since I purchased Friday noon. I did get the payment completed within 15 minutes and a fraud alert from my bank! I guess they got my back?!
I'm, well just happier than chit! I have been looking down this rabbit hole for over 18 months. I am anxious.
Don't forget about the huge time difference!
Any time I buy from China..a Fraud alert always goes off. I have had zero trouble with my CC after buying from Alibaba, but I have had to replace 2 cards after buying from DHgate (a rig, not lights) (someone attempted the ole 39 cent charge to see what would happen! Never gave them a shot!)

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I bought some seeds about 10 years ago from GB and they hit my card at a bicycle shop for a $1000.00, thankfully my card caught it!

Top Bottom