Why Are My Leaves Growing Three Fingers? Let Me Tell You Why

• Thread starter Seamaiden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Here's a few pics of what I have going on. I have noticed trichs on some of the petioles, which tells me something hormonal is going on. Could there be something in the coco that could trigger this?
IMG 20150424 231154

IMG 20150424 231306

Wisher619

Wisher619

maybe it is the coco cuz this is the first time I have ever grown in coco....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I don't think it's an implausible idea at all. The coir comes from the actual drupe, which is the reproductive dingleschnozzy of that particular palm, right? And we already know that different areas of plants have different nutrient levels (mineral) as well as hormones, right?

smokie

smokie

I think the 3 leaf can be PH and stress related also. OG biowar nute pack makes one of my plants go into a reveg mode when i give it to her as a clone. BananaKush just acts weird as hell so i cant give it to her.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, that's what leadsled was saying. I haven't put my plants through quite enough stress to see it, but when he explained the why's and such it makes perfect sense.

One thing I know for sure is that I have never seen a revegging plant that doesn't do this. :o

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I do think that a jacked up photoperiod is a culprit also. I have a girl outdoors as we speak. She got stressed out with day length and is now throwing 2 finger and 3 finger leaves. I had not seen the 2 finger action till now. And @Seamaiden is on point with the revegging cycle, I havent yet seen a reveg that didnt get loopy with leaf development in getting back on line after a long run in flower mode.

E

eighty9concr

I notice that on most of the og strains i have and currently run (sfv, ghost, boss, tahoe, platinum) will throw 3 leaf patterns while young and under t5's (I use t5's in my mother room). When i put clones of them under t5's they will throw some 3 and some 5 until they're about 12" tall then they will start to throw all 5's. When i put clones from the same strains straight under 1000w de's, they throw 5's from the start. I have only encountered this problem with some og phenos, a pheno of headband i had in the past, and a sour d pheno i had in the past. Its strange because I currently have around a dozen strains in my mother room and the og's are the only ones too do it. I have kosher kush in there too and that grows and looks very similar to the og's, and throws 5 from the start.

Imo genetics, light amount, and stress are definitely factors in why this happens

Mr.X

Mr.X

I had some issues like that b4 and believe environmental stresses can cause 3 blade leaves 2 appear also. After things wer dialed in the blades returned 2 normal.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
For the first year EVER, I'm growing some genetics from seed that start off with triple-lobes. Got OG, does that mean? If so, this may please my son greatly, who's been on his mother's ass to grow OG's for many years now, many years.

Brenda90

Brenda90

Your three leaves plant looks nice and different. You shouldn't be worried. Besides this leaves looks healthy. They don't have any yellow scar or something. I believe they got some great potent too.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I've got a trifoliate-leafed plant,
it's an Amnesia Haze X GSC.

At the moment it's in the top-dressing soil-prep pile,
(helping to cultivate Cannabis-specific mycorrhizae)
which is also the orphanage and hospital.

When it went in it was about 3 inches tall and couldn't hold it's head up,
I didn't have much hope for it at the time;
but now it's lookin' pretty good and just showed as female--
so it'll, replace the next male that shows in the garden with 'er...

[EDIT]:
Well, of course it showed female Duh;
it was a DG feminized seed--
Heh...
[EDIT TOO]:
After a closer inspection of the garden,
I found another trifoliate-leaved AmnsiaCookie;
and one with three-leaflets, four leaflets, and five leaflets;
trifoliates on the top--
not just the bottom...
TrifoliateLeaf1

Last edited:
shemshemet

shemshemet

I took some clones a little later into flowering than I should have. They all took fine, but now vegging they are throwing pistils and trichomes. Trichomes all over the stem and leaves. Odd thing....I feel it may have something to do with plant growth hormones...maybe ethylene? I'll let you know if they ever stop this behavior.

I took some clones off my "re-vegging" plants. The new growth coming in is finally starting to normalize. This is the second time I pruned these plants back. I will update on the progress and maybe even *gasp* add some pics.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I took some clones off my "re-vegging" plants. The new growth coming in is finally starting to normalize. This is the second time I pruned these plants back. I will update on the progress and maybe even *gasp* add some pics.
Do you think the plant in the above pic is a reveg???
They don't resemble any re-veg's I've ever had,
but these are all new varities for me.

I pulled that one out of the hospital and put it in a container, it's still the same;
but the trifoliate one in the garden has a pair of 5-leaflet leaves on top now.

In the same group as the 10 AmnesiaC's (3 of which have the trifoliate leaves),
there were 10 Alien Orange Cookies and 10 Alien Starfighters;
two of the AOC's were males that flowered (same with one of the ASF's);
a full two weeks before their siblings started to show pre-flowers--
maybe I just missed the 3 Amnesia Cookies...

soserthc1

soserthc1

Above plants appear as normal plants this thread is a little confusing as I have numerous 3 leaf plants ..
Almost all og plants are 3 leafed ...

Revegged to me .... Spinley , dark green odd sets of 1s then 2s then 3s and eventually normal growth usually about a month or so

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
Revegged to me .... Spinley , dark green odd sets of 1s then 2s then 3s and eventually normal growth usually about a month or so
Yes, that's what I'm use to with my IBL--
I let volunteers go for a while every year...
Above plants appear as normal plants this thread is a little confusing as I have numerous 3 leaf plants ..
Apparently this has not been observed--
with these Amnesia Haze X GSC Forum Cut plants...

shemshemet

shemshemet

soserthc is right, the three leaves is normal growth long as the rest of the growth is normal.

Reveg get very spindly, shoots tons of calyxs at every node. Some of those calyxs swell and get very trichy. I could probably smoke them if I had the patience. Thin woody stems, similar to "witches broom" (please google). Curled leaves.

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
soserthc is right, the three leaves is normal growth long as the rest of the growth is normal.

Reveg get very spindly, shoots tons of calyxs at every node. Some of those calyxs swell and get very trichy. I could probably smoke them if I had the patience. Thin woody stems, similar to "witches broom" (please google). Curled leaves.
Thanx,
and for the witches broom pointer;
never heard of that--
but seen it in trees...

Top Bottom