600w vs 1000w

• Thread starter Jellybean
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
RELOADER212

RELOADER212

I am pretty happy with 600's, they have worked for me,(Digital Greenhouse, quiet and cool to the touch) but i use glass hoods so i can get the light close to the plants, and I get pretty fat buds.

J

Jellybean

I am pretty happy with 600's, they have worked for me,(Digital Greenhouse, quiet and cool to the touch) but i use glass hoods so i can get the light close to the plants, and I get pretty fat buds.

yup i pull dense fatty buds with 600s two tent staggered runs. :banana1sv6:

nice pic!

X

xivex

When in doubt, you could always go with both and see which you like better for your specific application! :)

X

B

Bluenote

When in doubt, you could always go with both and see which you like better for your specific application! :)

X

Three 600s over a 4 x 8 works very nicely for a sog , for me perhaps a bit better than 2 1ks , but for the taller stretchier stuff , especially some of the Sativas I like , I find the 1ks to be a bit better....YMMV.

J

Jellybean

X

for sure bro. earlier i mentioned im not gonna trade in my gear just yet and just add on to my current gear, run two side by side test beds and see whats up. :talking

Peacheater81

Peacheater81

I'm in the same situation. I leaning towards trying 1000's. I get around .9 gpw with 3 6's on a 4x8, but hoping to reduce numbers

B

blue-dreamer

I heard 600 watters are better bcuz u can have the bulb closer to the canopy, producing the same intensity of light as 1k watters that have to be placed further from the plants. Because of how the light intensity diminishes with distance anyway, I assume the same laws apply to 1k watters. Growing tall trees really isnt the route to go indoors anyway, for many reasons.

B

blue-dreamer

plus 2-600watters is better than 1-1k watter...200 xtra watts, plus lights over lapping eachother.

In one of my rooms I have a 4x8 table that I ran 3 600's on it. the sour tsunami I ran stretched a lot, which may not have worked as well for the 600's. I'm going to switch to 2 1000's (quantums at about 225 each free shipping), 2 raptors (175 each), and 2 ushio's ( 65 each). these lower prices are motivating me to try 1000's. Unfortunately I'll be running a crop of blue dream first and then sour tsunami

B

blue-dreamer

I love blue dream. best taste and smell i have ever had but i have never grown it.

it was done in soil but will be doing DTW using rockwool blocks for the next one

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

Is 3x600 watters the maximum number of hoods you would want per 4x8 foot area? Would it be outlandish to run 4x600 watters per 4x8 area or is that more than feasible? Thanks for any info!

Bless...Sol

You certainly could run four, and it would provide better coverage for sure versus 2 1000's. Some of my issues have to do with space. the room built in my basement isn't that much bigger than the table, I air cool the hoods, I have a 7' ceiling, I'm running my tables a 1' or so off the floor so I can't put anything under my table like an air scrubber, etc. You also have to find hoods that would fit and I need some ceiling space for fans, co2 generator, etc.

You also need to take into account the strain. Sour Tsunami was a great yielder but stretched a lot, which would benefit from a 1000 better. With Blue Dream I can weave it and it will only stretch about 10-12" above the screen.

Of course monday I'll start harvesting my Blue Dream and will know yields in a couple weeks under 600's with melon head reflectors and ushio bulbs.

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

I have a room L*15'-5" x W*9'-8" x H*7'-4"...I'm currently in the designing phase and thus far envisioned 2 rows, each row containing 3 beds 4'x4', each bed being graced with 2x600w. So a total of 12 600w. 1971, might I ask what you think of that vision? Also wondering what size/type of fan you have running to cool those hoods? Are you running any AC in the space? Much love for the response...very much obliged!

Bless...Sol

would you have access to each table front and back? if not, I would probably not go with such a big table. even with 3x3 tables up against a wall, like I have, are a pain to maintain. if i had the space, I'd have like to have each row accessible from both sides. luckily I'm only running 3x3's in my second grow room which are also lit by 600's. the room that has the 4x8 table in it is accessible from both sides, so that is why I was okay with going with a table that size. in retrospect, i should have gotten 2 4x4 tables.

in the 4x8 room i am using around a 600cfm vortex fan. in the bigger room, i'm using a 10" max fan. I really like them. although loud, when I put ducting before and after them, they are pretty quiet. the big room has 5 600's and 1 400 cooled on the same run. all the lights stay cool enough that i can put the back of my hand on the glass. i also am not using the 10" at full capacity.

both spaces have wall unit a/c's. the small room i think is like 8k and the big room is a new 12.5k btu unit. I'll be upgrading to a mini split before summer comes so that the hot air from the a/c's won't be vented into my basement. if you run the right controller, you can usually get away with not using a dehumidifier, although i do use one in the big room. Just cool the room to high 60's or low 70's. cold air holds much less water than hot air.

let me know if you have any other questions :)

after looking at your dimensions again, you'd only have like 1'8" between rows. is this correct? I'm assuming the two runs go the length of the room? if I am correct, I would not go that route as maintenance would be a freaking pain

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

would you have access to each table front and back? if not, I would probably not go with such a big table. even with 3x3 tables up against a wall, like I have, are a pain to maintain. if i had the space, I'd have like to have each row accessible from both sides. luckily I'm only running 3x3's in my second grow room which are also lit by 600's. the room that has the 4x8 table in it is accessible from both sides, so that is why I was okay with going with a table that size. in retrospect, i should have gotten 2 4x4 tables.

in the 4x8 room i am using around a 600cfm vortex fan. in the bigger room, i'm using a 10" max fan. I really like them. although loud, when I put ducting before and after them, they are pretty quiet. the big room has 5 600's and 1 400 cooled on the same run. all the lights stay cool enough that i can put the back of my hand on the glass. i also am not using the 10" at full capacity.

both spaces have wall unit a/c's. the small room i think is like 8k and the big room is a new 12.5k btu unit. I'll be upgrading to a mini split before summer comes so that the hot air from the a/c's won't be vented into my basement. if you run the right controller, you can usually get away with not using a dehumidifier, although i do use one in the big room. Just cool the room to high 60's or low 70's. cold air holds much less water than hot air.

let me know if you have any other questions :)

Let see if I'm picking up what your putting down!
You have 2 rooms...
Room 1 has a 4x8 table being lit by 3 600w and cooled by a 600cfm fan,
Room 2 is the larger one with 5 600w and 1 400w being cooled by a 10 inch fan...Correct?
****************************************************************************************

By wall units, do you mean window units? If you are running window units Ill follow up with the second part to my question, as window bangers are more than likely what I'd be installing. What exactly do you mean by "running the right controller"?
**********************************************************************************************

Hey, 1971...much love for being open to dialogue!

Bless...Sol

SolMannaFest

SolMannaFest

after looking at your dimensions again, you'd only have like 1'8" between rows. is this correct? I'm assuming the two runs go the length of the room? if I am correct, I would not go that route as maintenance would be a freaking pain

That is correct, 1971! However...there would also be 3'5" on the end side of the beds. I also would like to mention the beds will be on caster wheels for easy accessibility and maintenance! Does that change your initial thoughts about maintenance a wee smidgen?

Bless...Sol

Latest posts

Top Bottom