CNS-17 veg food duplicate(copy of their 3-1-2 with improvements)

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

Gonna bite Cap's style later tonight and give
mkp .16 g/l
cal nit 1.58
K nit .04
K sulf .52
epsom 1.0

for
n 249.9
p 36.2(83 p2o5)
k 275.5(332 k2o)
ca 300
mg 9.8
s 218.4
maybe too high S. Need to score mg nitrate so I can fuck with this.
On a jug this formulation would be 3-1-4(w/Ca 20% over N values)
Edit-maybe I will drop epsom values a bit, by 10-20%. We'll see.)

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So how do you guys feel about the various fe forms? (sulfate, edta, dtpa, eddha, other chelates?)

I read in Maximum Yield magazine that EDTA is the most economical and works best in acidic soil, DPTA works well in soil above 7.5 and EDDHA is the most expensive and the most effective among the synthetic group.

dankworth

dankworth

mkp .16 g/l
cal nit 1.58
K nit .04
K sulf .52
epsom 1.0

for
n 249.9
p 36.2(83 p2o5)
k 275.5(332 k2o)
ca 300
mg 9.8
s 218.4
After watching less than 1 hour of this food at work, I am fully convinced it is my new ratio of choice for veg.

dankworth

dankworth

Hahaha after 1 hour?
Absolutely. With the high light values, co2, periodic topdrip, etc, they grow fast as shit.
So as the morphology changes from the bottom up and out, and we see the leaf color change, broadness change, frost change, stem color change, scent profile change, distance between leaf ribs change, oil content/sheen change, etc...
Knowing what form we came from, seeing others' previous usage of 3-1-4 and the changes it brought from photos, and so knowing what form we are working towards, we have a very good idea of whether or not the plant is moving in that direction.
Green spine showed up much faster than it did before up top, guessing a difference in calcium mobility rate. Bonus performance for bumping Ca to 20% over N.
I have run 3-1-2 or 3-1-2 copy(actually much closer to 4-1-3) for so long, and been considering the 3-1-4 for so long, and knowing exactly what we are looking for, hell yeah I can tell.
The old rule of thumb of 1 hour per foot of plant height to see food reach it does not hold quite true in this case, I think the extra Ca has a lot to do with the accelerated performance shown last night.
I will come back to the gig after a couple days, it will be kicking ass just in the way I thought it would. I have every confidence.

Carl Sagan

Carl Sagan

mkp .16 g/l
cal nit 1.58
K nit .04
K sulf .52
epsom 1.0

for
n 249.9
p 36.2(83 p2o5)
k 275.5(332 k2o)
ca 300
mg 9.8
s 218.4

Check out that Calcium boner!! With huge Sulfur balls.

Respect.

All I can do is spectate until I lock down muh salts.

MOAR DATA!!!

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Man, I gotta get me some coco, fuck soil. I'll use dirt for outdoors, its great that way but indoors coco looks like the way to go. Plus I'll just copy dank's formula...hahaa :)

Yo dank, whats your chow mix?? 75/25 coco/hydroton, right??

dankworth

dankworth

My chow mix is 76% hydroton, 24% chow.
Cause Kushtrees was all 75% hydroton, and I had been considering 40% hydroton due to supplies, but then I was all like Fuck Kushtrees! and went with 76% hydroton.
I did topdress with Azomite and earthworm castings, and then mound more coco on top of that, so my hydroton % will drop I guess.
Don't tell kushtrees.

Let's not forget that all I do is copy other people's formulas and talk shit.
Or sometimes I talk shit and then copy the formulas of others.

K

kushtrees

Mwuahahah I win then on the ratio thank you azomite and EWC. It's cool tho cuz next time ima run with 20/80 and try caps more continuous drip style.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I obviously don't know shit bout hydro (can you tell :)) but I always heard 75% coco 25% hydroton.

Does it matter what type of system you use that dictates the ratio of coco/hydroton i.e., DWC, ebb n' flow, ect., I'll most likely be hand watering (maybe Hempy buckets) so should I go with more coco or vice versa??

sorry dank, I ain't trying to thread jack, it's just 1 question :D

K

kushtrees

The more hydrotron the more you have to water. 50/50 is great for watering once a day

With the hempy res though you could do more hydroton cuz there will be some nutes for you plants to feed on

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hydroton encourages a 'vertical NFT' environment for plant roots- so its very best application is in topfeed/ continuous drip situations. I tried it in ebb n flood and it wasn't terribly effective- far less so than rockwool, for sure.

Coco allows a grower to topdress and add amendments, especially those with beneficial microlife in them, as it creates a receptive substrate for all this activity to occur. The big limitation of RDWC is that there is no substrate for the microherd to inhabit, so they never get a good foothold in the system. This leads to imbalances and very often opportunistic pathogens.

I think the reason the 'hater buckets' work so well is due to these effects. 75% hydroton and 25% coco seems to be a mix that combines the best of both media. We'll see; I'm gonna run it for myself and find out.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I'll probably just go with a regular 5 gallon bucket 60 coco 40 hydroton and hand water until I get the hang of this coco hydro thing. Then maybe I'll do some hempy or top feed later.

Thanx very much for the info.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I'll probably just go with a regular 5 gallon bucket 60 coco 40 hydroton and hand water until I get the hang of this coco hydro thing. Then maybe I'll do some hempy or top feed later.

Thanx very much for the info.
That's a good ratio for 1x a day, maybe more if they're powered up in flwr. I've found chow to be fairly forgiving in this department, quite a wide tolerance. If it was me using 5gal buckets, I'd opt for some big netpots for air-pruning and plumb for drainage (same as sw-dtw later if you want). Anyone know if one of those ez-roots sizes nests in a 5gal? I think better performance with this even though less media, root behavior will be very different. Hempy is the nasty/salty way compared to Dank's which constantly gets refreshed.

dankworth

dankworth

That's a good ratio for 1x a day, maybe more if they're powered up in flwr. I've found chow to be fairly forgiving in this department, quite a wide tolerance. If it was me using 5gal buckets, I'd opt for some big netpots for air-pruning and plumb for drainage (same as sw-dtw later if you want). Anyone know if one of those ez-roots sizes nests in a 5gal? I think better performance with this even though less media, root behavior will be very different. Hempy is the nasty/salty way compared to Dank's which constantly gets refreshed.
You could use a 10" hole in a bucket lid to fit the 3 gal size, I know that much.
The netpot in a bucket thing may not work out as well in a hempy handwatered type situation, I do not know for sure. Classic hempy style may be the safer choice of the two.
But awesome things could happen with the netpot in bucket design.
I would run air down there to see what would happen, myself.

dankworth

dankworth

I obviously don't know shit bout hydro (can you tell :)) but I always heard 75% coco 25% hydroton.

Does it matter what type of system you use that dictates the ratio of coco/hydroton i.e., DWC, ebb n' flow, ect., I'll most likely be hand watering (maybe Hempy buckets) so should I go with more coco or vice versa??

sorry dank, I ain't trying to thread jack, it's just 1 question :D
When I ran perlite hempy buckets with 75% perlite for the top part, and I geared things for about 1 oz of production per gallon of medium, I had to irrigate every two days.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

So with chow you are suppose to always have nutes in the water supply?? It's not like soil how your suppose to feed nutes only once or twice a week.

dankworth

dankworth

So with chow you are suppose to always have nutes in the water supply?? It's not like soil how your suppose to feed nutes only once or twice a week.
Absolutely. Never run only water unless you are rinsing your coco out before transplanting or when you flush at the end.
Coco slowly decays, we must also feed the coco in addition to the plant.
Feeding coco with straight water will fuck up the Ca balance, and cause deficiencies for the plant.
If one has overfed in coco, back the food strength up to whatever %, and irrigate to 50% runoff to correct. That will fix it.
But yeah, never irrigate with plain h20 unless it is rinsing the coco out before transplant, or the flush at the end of the cycle.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Thanx dank, thats what I thought but I just wanted to make sure. I started another Big Bang using my outdoor soil mix (I fucked up the indoor mix) so when thats done in the 1st week of August then I'm gonna get the chow and use that for my reg. Blueberry or fem. The Doctor beans.

Latest posts

Top Bottom