Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 73
Day 35 flower;)

so were over half way there now ;) and all is looking well;) temps are stable at 26c 'lights on' and 14c-18c 'lights off', humiditys between 25%-50%, got a heatwave coming soon so gonna have to keep my eyes on things, gets hot in my loft wen the sun's out so probs gonna have to tweek my set up a bit for my next run!! Gonna get rid of the cheap £10 aluminium reflector and upgrade to a nice air cooled hood, I figure £50-£60 should get me a decent one, Wat are you guys using whilst we're on the subject? Any recommended makes or models to look for ?

Gave the girls a good looking over and im noticing some the stems from the leaves are red on top and green underneath? ? Is this something I should worry about or is it caused by the light? Just strange how it's on the top sides of the stems and not the underneaths (Forgot to get a pic)!!

Anyway few pics below, lol the smell every time I open up my tent now is out of this world, hits you square in the face;) pure kushy musky candy smelling goodness!!! Filter works a treat ;) can't go wrong with a rhino pro !!
20150417 184623
20150417 184543
20150417 132128
20150417 132116
20150417 132122
20150417 184600
20150417 184605

Last edited:
theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Gave the girls a good looking over and im noticing some the stems from the leaves are red on top and green underneath?

First ... the girls are looking great ... mouthwatering ... eye candy ...

Could be related to pH. Have seen this caused by watering with water 5.0 and lower. Soil / soil-less pH below 5.0 as well.

The curling of the leaf edges would have me worried about heat. CK can really be messed up in its flowering process during the last 40 days of flowering imho. Specifically above 82 degrees f. After 40 days and upper 80's and watch those beautiful white hairs turn brown practically in front of your eyes. Good reason to add a nute / something that helps with heat during flowering. A portable air conditioner set up outside the tent may be one of the best investments you could make right now ... especially with the heat you have coming.

Last edited:
Orcaman

Orcaman

Hey Eskii, Most strains as they mature will develop a variation of reds and deep purple on the leaf stems and branches. This is normal and nothing to worry about. As far as temps. Here is a cheap easy way to cool your tent that I shared here a year ago.

Looing good!

Orcaman

Orcaman

I also want to show you another great product will provide a better balance of light and heat distribution in your tent at a fair price.

136965-250-1.jpg

Price: $23.75

Item Details
The ALL NEW Super-Spreader combines common sense and innovation with advancements in effective surface technology to produce a truly Super Light Spreader! The new design is attractive, lightweight and easy to install. The 'Spreader Heads' are made from 97% reflective glass-coated aluminum with a prismatic micro-textured surface.

This incredible alloy is super cool, very reflective and creates even light distribution. The prismatic surface reflects and redirects light in a selective 4-way pattern for incredible results!

How & Why They Work! The design of the Super Spreader is based on logic and simplicity. All horizontal reflectors create an over hot, over bright spot directly beneath the lamp. The Super-Spreader spreads the excess light and heat proportionally to all areas of the grow room (especially the corners and edges which are often underlit). This creates even light and more harmonious growing conditions throughout the entire grow room.

NOTE: By attaching the Super-Spreader accessory, the Adjust-A-Wings performance may be enhanced significantly.

Adjust-A-Wings fitted with Super-Spreader can be lowered to an unprecedented 10"-12" from growing plants to produce awesome growing power while maintaining maximum area coverage and minimum heat build-up. Yield increases of up to 50% are not uncommon with proper use of this truly outstanding product.

Manufactured by Sunlight Supply, Inc. under license from Hygro International Pty. Ltd.

For use with 400 and 600 watt bulbs

I will be using one of these after we move into our new rental in another month.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

First ... the girls are looking great ... mouthwatering ... eye candy ...

Could be related to pH. Have seen this caused by watering with water 5.0 and lower. Soil / soil-less pH below 5.0 as well.

The curling of the leaf edges would have me worried about heat. CK can really be messed up in its flowering process during the last 40 days of flowering imho. Specifically above 82 degrees f. After 40 days and upper 80's and watch those beautiful white hairs turn brown practically in front of your eyes. Good reason to add a nute / something that helps with heat during flowering. A portable air conditioner set up outside the tent may be one of the best investments you could make right now ... especially with the heat you have coming.
cheers man, funny you should say that about white hairs turning brown, I checked on my girls earlier and there's about 3 buds that are showing brown hairs, it's not the top buds either,it's the ones just below canopy level, is this normal or would this be tide into wat you was warning me about?
20150418 190226
it's nothing major but just got me worried lol, cheers man

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Hey Eskii, Most strains as they mature will develop a variation of reds and deep purple on the leaf stems and branches. This is normal and nothing to worry about. As far as temps. Here is a cheap easy way to cool your tent that I shared here a year ago.

Looing good!
Awesome; )!!!!! love all these little ghetto inventions, give me a few days and il build one of these:)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

I also want to show you another great product will provide a better balance of light and heat distribution in your tent at a fair price.

136965-250-1.jpg

Price: $23.75

Item Details
The ALL NEW Super-Spreader combines common sense and innovation with advancements in effective surface technology to produce a truly Super Light Spreader! The new design is attractive, lightweight and easy to install. The 'Spreader Heads' are made from 97% reflective glass-coated aluminum with a prismatic micro-textured surface.

This incredible alloy is super cool, very reflective and creates even light distribution. The prismatic surface reflects and redirects light in a selective 4-way pattern for incredible results!

How & Why They Work! The design of the Super Spreader is based on logic and simplicity. All horizontal reflectors create an over hot, over bright spot directly beneath the lamp. The Super-Spreader spreads the excess light and heat proportionally to all areas of the grow room (especially the corners and edges which are often underlit). This creates even light and more harmonious growing conditions throughout the entire grow room.

NOTE: By attaching the Super-Spreader accessory, the Adjust-A-Wings performance may be enhanced significantly.

Adjust-A-Wings fitted with Super-Spreader can be lowered to an unprecedented 10"-12" from growing plants to produce awesome growing power while maintaining maximum area coverage and minimum heat build-up. Yield increases of up to 50% are not uncommon with proper use of this truly outstanding product.

Manufactured by Sunlight Supply, Inc. under license from Hygro International Pty. Ltd.

For use with 400 and 600 watt bulbs

I will be using one of these after we move into our new rental in another month.
Just watched a youtube video on this little bad boy and it makes alot of sense!! found them for sale over here for £20 so defo worth a buy;) NICE!!!

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

cheers man, funny you should say that about white hairs turning brown, I checked on my girls earlier and there's about 3 buds that are showing brown hairs, it's not the top buds either,it's the ones just below canopy level, is this normal or would this be tide into wat you was warning me about?

Yes this is what I was talking about. Think about this ... if the buds are below canopy level ... might be a time to harvest that branch / bud only ... imho it does not do much after that ... but the ones above it will benefit ... think about it.

The very slight turn or whatever in the tips of the leaf may be an indication of pH issues to.

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Here is a cheap easy way to cool your tent that I shared here a year ago.

I played around with the swamp cooler idea this winter. There are several videos on you tube if your interested. The one Orcaman gave a link to was imho one of the best.

1st and most important it is not an air conditioner ... it does not cool the air as an ac does ... it presents a different set of challenges when using.

In a small tent it may be efficient and do what you want. Humidity could be a potential problem. Perhaps a big problem in flower.

The larger the area ... well ... not worth it at some point.

I will be using one I made for personal cooling. Works great blowing directly on you. I even plan on trying it outside on really hot days when I cannot get into the ac to cool down.

So ... maybe using it as a personal cooler so to speak ... cooling down the leaf surface ... making the area directly around the plant more "comfortable" ... would be an application to consider.

But not a substitute for ac ... not comparing apples with apples.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

BIG PROBLEM WITH TEMPS!!!!!
It's 3 in the afternoon and my lights are off, but due to the warm weather my temps were 26.8c(LIGHTS OFF)!!! Iv done the best I can with wat I have and managed to drop it to 23.4c FFS !!! I'm going out tomorrow first thing to purchase one of these (pic below) it's an ice fan, you fill the bottles with water and freeze em, then place them in the compartment at the back of the fan (same as the diy video @Orcaman shared) hoping it will do the trick, my tents only small at 80x80x160 so should be good for wat I need, read some reviews and it's all positive stuff so fingers crossed man!!!
Screenshot 2015 04 20 15 00 23
Screenshot 2015 04 20 15 00 27
can I expect to see some major problems from the high temps during lights off?? Anything i should look out for??
Il have it rectified by tomorrow tho so it's mainly today that's my main worry?

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Interesting unit. Not available in the US (ebay?).:(

Did a quick search for info and could only find sales crap. Got a link to the company? or Name of company?

I hope it works really well for you.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Interesting unit. Not available in the US (ebay?).:(

Did a quick search for info and could only find sales crap. Got a link to the company? or Name of company?

I hope it works really well for you.
I'm actually struggling myself to find these anywhere but second hand (used) condition!! Closest thing I found to being able to order one new is this

I think thats more for a bulk buy sort of thing tho, companies called 'Grey technology hk'..

When I pick it up tomorrow il see if there's a website on the box man, for something of such good use I'm surprised there so hard to find, unless there crap then that explains it lol, il know by tomorrow anyway!!

C

CannabisGal

Well, its cold, wet and windy here in the UK, mother nature at its best, still at least it's tropical in my grow tent haha;) I often think to myself i should pull up a deck chair, find my sunglasses and crack open a cold one pretend I'm on a beach somewhere, instead I spark up a fat one and tend to my baby's, equally as happy!!
Anyway, after being let down on some clones i was promised i decided id get some seeds instead, so me and the wife went on a 2day break to amsterdam and i bought 5 barneys farm critical kush seeds(feminised) thought I'd give em a go (first time from seed mind).

so February 2nd I went to the hydro shop and bought some root riots, got myself a propergator and a nice 150w cfl, got home and planted the seeds, I didn't mess about soaking in a paper towel or in glass of water etc I just chucked em straight in to the root riots and in to the propergator, placed in my boiler cupboard in complete darkness and left them over night.

To my surprise it only took 48 hours for the seedlings to show their heads with all 5 showing tap roots poking thru the bottom of the cubes, at this point I placed my 150w cfl above them for 2 days before repotting them in to 11l pots and moving them into the grow tent with the 600w hps.
Anyway, everything was running smoothly until they decided to turn yellow on me and didn't grow for a full week, at first I thought it was the lights but after doing some research I soon realised it was either nitrogen or a lack of cal mag, so back to the hydro store it was. I picked up a bottle of shogun cal mag plus and added some to my nute mix and also made up a foiler feed, 2 days later they'd turned green again and almost doubled in size, I was back on track ;)

I'm now at day 20 from seed and things are looking good, posting some pics below for you guys and il continue to do so for the full grow;)
Any questions or Wat ever just fire away..View attachment 488619 View attachment 488620 View attachment 488621 View attachment 488622 View attachment 488623 View attachment 488624 View attachment 488625
Good to see another Barney Critical Kush grow at the same time as mine. I will watch for more updates. This is my first Barneys critical kush grow. Can't wait.

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

I'm actually struggling myself to find these anywhere but second hand (used) condition!! Closest thing I found to being able to order one new is this

I think thats more for a bulk buy sort of thing tho, companies called 'Grey technology hk'..

When I pick it up tomorrow il see if there's a website on the box man, for something of such good use I'm surprised there so hard to find, unless there crap then that explains it lol, il know by tomorrow anyway!!

Cool ... thanks ... really interested in this concept for personal cooling.

Try searching for "evaporative coolers" and "swamp coolers". Amazon has many. Sears to.

I do not think I will spend the money though. Went full tilt ghetto for my prototype. Used an old broken ice chest, cardboard boxes, fan, jugs of frozen water and of course some duct tape and a little gorilla tape. It works to bring the temp down a degree to 3 degrees in a small room ... depending on other room / air conditions. The 3 ... gallon size jugs of frozen water would still be 1/2 or more frozen after several hours.

I do not want to steer you away from this. Because in a small tent this concept might work ok. But the one thing I would suggest is finding out how long those water containers are supposed to stay frozen. Cannot be sure of the size from the pic ... but they look small. In my experiments the gallon jugs lasted over 12 hours. But the smaller containers ... quart size or less ... were not worth the bother.

You may be able to find one that has something other than water as a fill that would last longer.

e4ian

e4ian

^ Ive got a little Cooler m8,a tiny car One that sits on the Dash! Yep Freeze water in the Cartridges,fill it up with them in an' then the water Gradually Soaks onto a Material that the Fan Blasts (lowers temp by a Couple of C .. I "DID" have a bigger one that looked like a Portable Air conditioner,great, only used 65watts ! Called Karlstien ?? .......german anyhow.
[Most a/c use over 2kw :( ]

^What Wk are the CK at m8? Donkey dick of a Cola,lol
Cant find Dates. Shocked! they gotta be there somewhere.. Stoned lol

^week ltr!? i have @ 31 days !

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Cool ... thanks ... really interested in this concept for personal cooling.

Try searching for "evaporative coolers" and "swamp coolers". Amazon has many. Sears to.

I do not think I will spend the money though. Went full tilt ghetto for my prototype. Used an old broken ice chest, cardboard boxes, fan, jugs of frozen water and of course some duct tape and a little gorilla tape. It works to bring the temp down a degree to 3 degrees in a small room ... depending on other room / air conditions. The 3 ... gallon size jugs of frozen water would still be 1/2 or more frozen after several hours.

I do not want to steer you away from this. Because in a small tent this concept might work ok. But the one thing I would suggest is finding out how long those water containers are supposed to stay frozen. Cannot be sure of the size from the pic ... but they look small. In my experiments the gallon jugs lasted over 12 hours. But the smaller containers ... quart size or less ... were not worth the bother.

You may be able to find one that has something other than water as a fill that would last longer.

Yea the bottles give you 5/6 hours of coId but you get 4 bottles so should do me fine, only need it from 11 am to 7pm wen it's at its hottest so should do fine, all that said tho il probably opt for something like this tbh; )

http://www.amazon.com/Techni-ICE-Better-Ice-Reusable-Replacement/dp/B000FCQLEW

Apparently stays frozen for days and can get colder than dry ice, figured il be able to incorporate it into the fan some how;), defo worth a shot

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Good to see another Barney Critical Kush grow at the same time as mine. I will watch for more updates. This is my first Barneys critical kush grow. Can't wait.
Glad to have you cannabis gal ;) you dropped by just in time, things are just starting to get interesting;)

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

^ Ive got a little Cooler m8,a tiny car One that sits on the Dash! Yep Freeze water in the Cartridges,fill it up with them in an' then the water Gradually Soaks onto a Material that the Fan Blasts (lowers temp by a Couple of C .. I "DID" have a bigger one that looked like a Portable Air conditioner,great, only used 65watts ! Called Karlstien ?? .......german anyhow.
[Most a/c use over 2kw :( ]

^What Wk are the CK at m8? Donkey dick of a Cola,lol
hey man, sounds similar to wat iv been looking at, AC units cost a bomb not only to run but also to buy so any alternative I can find is worth a shot, hoping this ice fan will do the trick ;)

The girls were on day 35 flower wen that pic was taken, on day 37 today, just fed them with the A+B, pk13/14 and boost, no doubt see another explosion over next few days; )

theseekeroft

theseekeroft

Found the site that you mentioned. Buy em in "multiples of 1,000"!!!!!
Personal Ice Fan: Two cooling elements, Transparent water tray, Ultra compact design, Low noise, Up to 4 hours cooling time.
http://hk101100025.fm.alibaba.com/product/100742611-100548340/Ice_Fan.html

Tips and Tricks
Adding salt and water to the ice will help it stay cooler longer by slowing its melting rate and increasing its freezing rate. One option is to fill a 2-liter bottle with roughly 6 cups of water and 1 cup of rock salt. Place the bottle into the freezer until it is frozen solid, then place it in a metal bowl in front of the fan so the circulating air passes over it. The bottle will prevent spillage, and it can be frozen again and reused.
Cooling the whole house on a hot summer day can prove costly. Fans work well to mitigate the cost, but they will not chill the air; they simply circulate the air to create a pleasant breeze. Placing a bowl of ice in front of an oscillating fan creates a frugal and effective alternative to air conditioning and fans alone. The cooling effect is highly localized to the area directly in front of the fan and it cannot cool a whole house or even a larger room, but it can help beat the heat in a pinch.
Read more : http://www.ehow.com/how_6180218_cool-ice-fans.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom