curing nug the right way?

• Thread starter 303 DUB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Canappa

Canappa

I think I am in the right tread this time lol I made the mistake and posted it in the mainlining tread:eek: But I do have a simple question about this method. Why does my whole fridge smell like bud? here is the original post posted by mistake.

" I let mine dry for 2 days them put them in the freezer last week in a shallow card board box open no lid only about 2" high The problem is that it has my fridge funked up with the fpog og and the bread and tortillas taste like bud. Is this normal? I know its working all the meat is frozen and there is no frost in the fridge. Everything works fine. It has just one setting because I turned it down to freeze more and all the drinks in the fridge froze"

Tnelz

Tnelz

I think I am in the right tread this time lol I made the mistake and posted it in the mainlining tread:eek: But I do have a simple question about this method. Why does my whole fridge smell like bud? here is the original post posted by mistake.

" I let mine dry for 2 days them put them in the freezer last week in a shallow card board box open no lid only about 2" high The problem is that it has my fridge funked up with the fpog og and the bread and tortillas taste like bud. Is this normal? I know its working all the meat is frozen and there is no frost in the fridge. Everything works fine. It has just one setting because I turned it down to freeze more and all the drinks in the fridge froze"
I have no choice but to Lol this post bro. It must really suck to have weed so dank it fuckin seeps into the fridge and flavors all ur food. Lmfao. Stop growing such good shit cannepa and that will solve your problem. I Grow some great stuff imo but haven't had this particular problem. Ur girl prolly wants to kill you. Seriously laughing. Not much you can do. U have it in there the right way. Not sure how it's transferring down the the fridge part of things. Ur awesome bro. Stick with it and u will be happy u did. Maybe have to get used to dank tortillas. Wait did we just invent a new snack. Lol. Much respect bro.

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

Yeah buddy LOL my fridge started smelling like 420 in Denver lol. I think it's just the aroma carries faster while in freezer? Idk maybe Squiggly can chime in, but you have some GANGSTER FUNK in there lol that FPOG ain't no slouch on aroma brother lol. Keep us posted, and start massaging that woman's feet, cuz the fridge is a dankbox lol.
Tmb
Respect

Canappa

Canappa

Yeah buddy LOL my fridge started smelling like 420 in Denver lol. I think it's just the aroma carries faster while in freezer? Idk maybe Squiggly can chime in, but you have some GANGSTER FUNK in there lol that FPOG ain't no slouch on aroma brother lol. Keep us posted, and start massaging that woman's feet, cuz the fridge is a dankbox lol.
Tmb
Respect

Thank bro that's what I was thinking

Canappa

Canappa

I have no choice but to Lol this post bro. It must really suck to have weed so dank it fuckin seeps into the fridge and flavors all ur food. Lmfao. Stop growing such good shit cannepa and that will solve your problem. I Grow some great stuff imo but haven't had this particular problem. Ur girl prolly wants to kill you. Seriously laughing. Not much you can do. U have it in there the right way. Not sure how it's transferring down the the fridge part of things. Ur awesome bro. Stick with it and u will be happy u did. Maybe have to get used to dank tortillas. Wait did we just invent a new snack. Lol. Much respect bro.

lol, yeh my girl went to make a sandwich. For the kids and they said it smelled and tasted funny, that when I knew I had some fuck for sure the deep freeze won't control her!

Natural

Natural

tried this with a cola of stardawg. maybe it is strain dependent, but I didn't notice any improvement over the whole-plants that hung in the dark for 3 weeks. I actually preferred it less. Might try agin with another strain down the road a bit.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
I think that's awesome. Lol. I swear it's like cheating. Feel free to Pm me with any issues bro. Don't want to completely hijack the thread. Lol. No guess work. Hang for a couple days then freeze then out an hour a day for a week then jar it. Done. Lol!
High guys ...I am confused are u laying the buds in the cardboard open..and no hanging ? before hand ? say I have some buds jarred up could i take out ( they have been in only for a few days) lay in freezer for how many days? then jar back up ?

Tnelz

Tnelz

High guys ...I am confused are u laying the buds in the cardboard open..and no hanging ? before hand ? say I have some buds jarred up could i take out ( they have been in only for a few days) lay in freezer for how many days? then jar back up ?
Ok. Love the interest. I hang for 48 hours. Until the buds are dry on the outside. This is after a wet trim. So then a single layer on whatever u choose. I'm using coffee filters at this point because of the breathability. Works great. I leave them for 45 days. We'll my last run anyway. At day 40 they come out for one hour then back in. Everyday for five days. On day 45 they go into jars and that's is. I've been jarring for 20 days but the bud is fine after 7 or so. Hope this helps. As for what u want to try I don't see anything bad coming from taking them out of jars. If u already dried it would be a great cure imo. Good luck.

Tnelz

Tnelz

For the record this is still evolving. If u go back a few pages I'm sure method was different. However that method works great to. Just trying to find that perfect time out of the freezer and into the jars.

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Ok. Love the interest. I hang for 48 hours. Until the buds are dry on the outside. This is after a wet trim. So then a single layer on whatever u choose. I'm using coffee filters at this point because of the breathability. Works great. I leave them for 45 days. We'll my last run anyway. At day 40 they come out for one hour then back in. Everyday for five days. On day 45 they go into jars and that's is. I've been jarring for 20 days but the bud is fine after 7 or so. Hope this helps. As for what u want to try I don't see anything bad coming from taking them out of jars. If u already dried it would be a great cure imo. Good luck.
just to clarify your laying buds on coffee filters? Smart!

Max Frost

Max Frost

"Cool Ranch X Ghost Train Haze Doritos"!!! Hell yeah! I'll take a bag!!

I don't know about you Tnelz, but I really think the hour out each day then back in during the last week really makes a difference! Actually, I may try a run where I do this each day to see what happens. maybe do a side-by-side of the same batch done the regular way. What's your opinion on that part?

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
For the record this is still evolving. If u go back a few pages I'm sure method was different. However that method works great to. Just trying to find that perfect time out of the freezer and into the jars.
Can't wait to try. Interesting. Thank you great thread. I am sure I will be back. M

Tnelz

Tnelz

"Cool Ranch X Ghost Train Haze Doritos"!!! Hell yeah! I'll take a bag!!

I don't know about you Tnelz, but I really think the hour out each day then back in during the last week really makes a difference! Actually, I may try a run where I do this each day to see what happens. maybe do a side-by-side of the same batch done the regular way. What's your opinion on that part?
I think any kind of experiment with this is great. Never know till u try. I think would end up with a drier product at the point of jarring. More traditional results with no mold worries. Could be on to something max! Nice to c u bro!

Tnelz

Tnelz

ok so if i set my freezer on 6 or 7 i should be good? jk jk.. but seriously what temps are you getting in that freezer in your 45 day cure?
I don't really have an answer for that brother. I think the Temps in a frostless freezer would be pretty consistent from freezer to freezer though. Just my opinion. I'm sure an owners manual for your particular fridge could answer that. Gotta be a certain temp that keeps frost away. Sorry bro.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

im sorry but does anyone else see the humor in a thread called "curing nug the right way" and flip through the pages its all about dunkin your nugs in water and using a freezer.....:confused:
i'd venture to say a few of the people here just havent been able to pull a decent harvest and sweat/cure. looking for easier ways out. nothing beats darkness a little circulation and good ol eye/hand work. you can chop shit 3 days or 15 days and toss it in a paper bag, it will regulate moisture killer..... why make things harder?? i dont get it. hydrometer - science/sweating - releasing of gasses - storage for full breakdown. you dont need to make FPOG popsicles to be smokin herb...

Tnelz

Tnelz

im sorry but does anyone else see the humor in a thread called "curing nug the right way" and flip through the pages its all about dunkin your nugs in water and using a freezer.....:confused:
i'd venture to say a few of the people here just havent been able to pull a decent harvest and sweat/cure. looking for easier ways out. nothing beats darkness a little circulation and good ol eye/hand work. you can chop shit 3 days or 15 days and toss it in a paper bag, it will regulate moisture killer..... why make things harder?? i dont get it. hydrometer - science/sweating - releasing of gasses - storage for full breakdown. you dont need to make FPOG popsicles to be smokin herb...
Dunking in water? Make things harder? Dude cut trim hang for a couple days throw in the freezer. No hassle no worries. Always gotta be someone who comes with stupid comments..:confused:

Another one talking paper bags. Jesus. And u got to be a jerk just for the sake of being one. It's an alternative. I assure u I've never had a problem doing things the traditional way. And without bags I might add. Although I don't have a problem or anything bad to say about using them. Why the negativity. Have u tried it. And boy are we stupid for taking the worry of mold out of the equation. Man I just can't take these kind of posts. Just no reason. Grow some balls and deviate from the traditional way then come back here with comments. It works. It's easy. Nothing wrong with the traditional hang for a while throw into jars. It works. No doubt. But so does this. So until u try it why say anything about it Cuz u have no clue. I'm sure u will come back with something. It's cool. If I misinterpreted ur intent I apologize.

Aladeen OG

Aladeen OG

maybe you should re read both our post, and see who is being negative and complaining. this is a discussion board. what if i dont suck your asshole and techniques i cant join in on ideas? relax dude and take a breath.
the fact is putting your weed in anything lower than 50 degrees IS BAD as far as i have known and learned. you fracture all the outside trichomes, leaving it smelling a lot better cause they are open (see "dry ice hash" or "bubble hash" and tech behind it... freeze=fractured heads falling off=concentrates) but are now degraded and stale.

why fix something if it isnt broken? same could be said for LEDs, water cooled lights, dry trim vs wet, gas lantern technique... i just think there are a crew of like 5 of you spitting "research" as strict knowledge. read through how you deviate your posts. you make them seem fact. then two posts ago you said still developing and shit. how many people in this thread have you convinced to throw weed in the freezer without real research? thats my only problem here. I'm always open to new ideas but.... well you dont make it sound like and end all, but a must try....

for you newer people... i suggest trying to dry it the NORMAL way first.... then see what happens. but most people are so impatient they start sweating too early or just fuck up and end up with hay so.... whatever makes it easy for you. no disrespect intended nor taken @Tnelz , im here for discussion and knowledge not drama. i just dont have a filter and will ask what i think, which is a hell of a handy tool to have and not be ashamed of.
i'll happily eat my foot when someone drops proof and knowledge that im wrong, thats why im here i love info.

and as far as the paper bags its a humidity regulator and works more perfect that any other product ive found... that is free.... on every corner at every store.... lol

Top Bottom