Green Dot Labs Loompa Farms Grows

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Dam Green Dot. You never fail to impress me. Thank you so much for posting up that lab report. And the info you just layed out for us all to read is invaluable. What a nice contribution to our overall knowledge base you just layed out. I love it! Thank you so much man for being straight up. And my eternal gratitude for posting up this info for us all to read.

Loompa

Green Dot

Green Dot

Thanks loompa!

My yeti f3 is a very special plant. I knew it when I saw it in veg. 3 leaf patterns, red hearty stems... It is very unique in the OG Kush world. Most of our og Kush oils don't test as high as the yeti. She grows better and is more potent... Hard to say it tastes better, but it certainly doesn't taste any worse. Just different and interesting hashy pine needles in a bowl. Look for a huge review of this concentrate in the July edition of Culture magazine.

I'm about to do a big run of the yeti bx2 in the next week or two.. I bet there is some scary shit in there lol. I can't wait!

GoClutch

GoClutch

GreenDot- wow everything is looking great here and we are excited to try some of your extracts soon! Right now we mostly go with Native Roots product, its fantastic but seems like your on some other shit here. I would like to bump Seamaidens question a few pages back about long term storage of extracts- any advice?

Green Dot

Green Dot

For long term storage of concentrates, it is important to keep them air tight in cooler temps. Because there are residual hydrocarbons (C4H10) still in most shatters, cold shatter will draw humid air (H2O) to the surface area. Hydrocarbons will bond with water and cause your slab to nucleate (autobudder). It starts at an entry point and will spread like cancer through your slab unless you cut out the nucleated point early. By keeping your oils air tight, you eliminate the risk of this happening. When you take dabs, it is important to pick out your dab, then quickly fold back into parchment paper to avoid any dust or hair from landing on your slab. The oils from hair for instance will transfer to your slab and cause nucleation as well.

You have to remember, the essentials oils from the plant are out of their waxy membranes (Trichomes) and they are very delicate, photo-sensetive, and thermal sensetive. They should be treated with as much care as you do when you perfectly cure your flowers.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
Hey greendot, I had a question of my own that you had kindof touched on in an earlier post. You said something about terpines and the waxy substance that comes out of the tubes. Could you explain a little about that to me? What are those waxes? And if they are terpenes, dont you want them in the final product?

tweedy

tweedy

Hey greendot, I had a question of my own that you had kindof touched on in an earlier post. You said something about terpines and the waxy substance that comes out of the tubes. Could you explain a little about that to me? What are those waxes? And if they are terpenes, dont you want them in the final product?
I know I am no green dot but I feel like terpenes are an add if you want kind of deal when considering a "finished" cannabis product. The only real medicine exclusive to it and not found in other medicinal plants are the usual suspects like thc. Terps like linalool and myrcene can be had with lavender oils or black pepper oil. So still technically crude material vs a full extraction. Albeit a tasty crude material, still crude in the grand scheme of things.

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
I know I am no green dot but I feel like terpenes are an add if you want kind of deal when considering a "finished" cannabis product. The only real medicine exclusive to it and not found in other medicinal plants are the usual suspects like thc. Terps like linalool and myrcene can be had with lavender oils or black pepper oil. So still technically crude material vs a full extraction. Albeit a tasty crude material, still crude in the grand scheme of things.

I definately see your point. But isnt the terpenes where all the rich aromas and flavors that are unique to any particular strain your doing an extract with? But I can see the addition of any non THC cannabinoid as "watering" it down per say. Is it more a matter of give and take? Leave the terpenes in for flavor and aroma vs take them out for higher thc rating?

Green Dot

Green Dot

So...

I'll start with plant wax. Plant wax is also called cutin. Plants produce this to protect their essential oils and help keep in water. You will find that plants who are indigenous to dryer, colder climates will produce more cutin than say a tropical island sativa where the climate is wet and warm. Og Kush plants and Indicas have the highest volume of cutin in general.

Cutin is soluable I. Hydrocarbons at approx 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If your extraction process is warm, you will pull this stuff through your filters and basically make harsh cloudy oil. The colder your extraction, you will pill a higher ratio of essential oil. Cutin is considered plant waste and it has no medical value. Clean oil should have less than 15% wax.

Terpenes are organic volatile compounds that give each plant it's character. You can't see them, but the only reason you can smell them is because they are rapidly boiling off. You can't smell them when they are frozen because they do not boil away at that temperature. You might wonder why space queen has a different high than bubba Kush.. It's because the terpenes in concert with cannabinoids create a synergistic effect that creates a unique high and flavor. Different flavors can make you feel different ways.. Without terpenes on cannabis, there would be just cannabinoids. All bud would be the same, it would just get you high. The more cannabinoids you ingested the higher you get.

I'll post up some good literature for you all to peruse..

http://www.medicaldaily.com/mangoes...re-they-healthier-alternative-munchies-247892

Green Dot

Green Dot

Dope. You make me want to try concentrates so badly haha. I'm about to start my first run with gg4. I'm not sure if its a good comparison but how do you like it compared to other chem strains, like your Kate Upton pheno of stardawg?

The stardawg tastes better IMO. The glue tastes like the GSC forum cut met sour diesel. It's amazing in its own right. Really puts out the frost and she yields like an absolute beast. Not many strains are a savory as the stardawg Katie cut. It the one that you puff in an unlit joint forever because it's so goddamn savory.

I would say the glue is the best commercial strain on the market. It's connoisseur grade too, but it's not special like your triangle kushes, chem 91s, etc...

loompa

loompa

Breeder
Supporter
So...

I'll start with plant wax. Plant wax is also called cutin. Plants produce this to protect their essential oils and help keep in water. You will find that plants who are indigenous to dryer, colder climates will produce more cutin than say a tropical island sativa where the climate is wet and warm. Og Kush plants and Indicas have the highest volume of cutin in general.

Cutin is soluable I. Hydrocarbons at approx 40 degrees Fahrenheit. If your extraction process is warm, you will pull this stuff through your filters and basically make harsh cloudy oil. The colder your extraction, you will pill a higher ratio of essential oil. Cutin is considered plant waste and it has no medical value. Clean oil should have less than 15% wax.

Terpenes are organic volatile compounds that give each plant it's character. You can't see them, but the only reason you can smell them is because they are rapidly boiling off. You can't smell them when they are frozen because they do not boil away at that temperature. You might wonder why space queen has a different high than bubba Kush.. It's because the terpenes in concert with cannabinoids create a synergistic effect that creates a unique high and flavor. Different flavors can make you feel different ways.. Without terpenes on cannabis, there would be just cannabinoids. All bud would be the same, it would just get you high. The more cannabinoids you ingested the higher you get.

I'll post up some good literature for you all to peruse..

http://www.medicaldaily.com/mangoes...re-they-healthier-alternative-munchies-247892

Couldn't agree more. I dont know the science end of things, but as a smoker I know the difference between the highs of a bubba flower vs a bubba concentrate from the same exact harvest. Ive always known about this synergistic effect, its why I kndof dont like hash that much, I like smoking flowers. But in terms of the waxes, I must have misunderstood, so the waxes and terpenes are different particals in the biomass?

I cant wait till we really start genetic mapping of cannabis and of each strain. There is so much going on in the cannabinoid area of it all, and we dont know shit. Its going to be fun to start mapping and comparing and breed when data like that becomes available.

Green Dot

Green Dot

Yes, waxes are the armor of the plant. The terpenes are the perfume of the plant.

The cannabis genome project is underway at the university of Colorado right now. This will offer genetic mapping so we decode the genetics behind various strains.. It's just becoming a matter of sourcing the 5 billion different pheno types of cannabis that float around he earth today,. Daunting task to say the very least

Top Bottom