Greenhouse Vs Indoor

• Thread starter WiseGorilla
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Light Dep vs Indoor

• Total voters
lino

lino

@jumpincactus , I agree with you the most so you guys can forget all my science I laid down earlier here.

I Went to Fort Bragg Cali.' paradise acres' I camped with the homies, if that brings a smile to any Mendo growers and it was better than any Grn house or Indoor than I seen in my life. something bout the Ocean air and the redwood Mycos and whatever other magic we dont understand, and those of you who read my bull crap know I dont give compliments easy but guys if you havnt grown there I really recommend that you try the home grown there, epic. We put together Ed Rosenthal Super Bud together in that neck of the woods and some of those sativa's would have had a hell of time to come out as good as they did in N Cali anywhere else ive grown, even in a Grn House in Colo those sativas wouldnt grow like that , the mycos in the Giant Redwoods are like none other. The Worlds largest organism in the world lives in the Redwoods up there, myco organism 2 mile in diameter,,,, I'm not exaggerating . I dropped seeds in cali and wks later found fucking plants thriving. That is truly the most amazing growing I have ever done....

M

MamaBear

Apples and oranges guys. Have had excellent on both sides. It's just comes down to what you like. Indoor is potent and beautiful. But outdoor has more complex and subtle smell and taste. Really good whisky or a fine wine? I always go for what I like, don't care 1 bit how it grew if it's great.

dirk d

dirk d

It's just really hard to compare when you don't have all the best samples lol I'm going to volunteer myself and give an unbiased opinion of indoor vs outdoor. accepting All Dank Buds for this scientific study. please No Noobs. only masters need to send samples to me :) prefereably labeled "indoor" outdoor" "forgot" lol

john martin

john martin

I vote greenhouse (with or without light dep) in an area without chemtrails and with full sun > than indoor.

I think outdoor is so flame mostly cause the sunlight and natural fade from veg to flower.

I think what takes away from quality of outdoor is exposure to elements, like rain, bugs, etc.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm really on the fence, I have had the best erb I have ever smoked from both camps. Truth be known both genre's indoor outdoor take certain levels of skill and honor should be paid to skill levels of both sides. Growin good ganja is an art and it takes good skills no matter, indoor or out. Props ++++ to all farmers. :cool:

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And if that didnt give ya all warm fuzzies then you havent arrived yet........ Smoke another bowl..... :p

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
And if that didnt give ya all warm fuzzies then you havent arrived yet........ Smoke another bowl..... :p
Tell you what folks, been a long time since I have been this ripped, 3 good pulls off HH's Sdubb x querkle and I am in another dimension. And thats a good thing. :D Frosty sticky fruity gooooness. Thank you HH for a fine cross!!!

Calixylon

Calixylon

Theres a cool article in High times about resin glands, and thrichomes, it talks about the different types you find on the plant, and where the essential oils and terpens are actually found inside on a cellular level. It also briefly talks about non glandular trichomes(cystolithic trichomes) or plant hairs, which are found on almost every flowering plant are long hair like, waxy trichomes that stop insects, and exude natural insecticides which gum up the mouths of the bugs, but none of these trichomes produce any psychoactive or useful cannabanoids.

With all that said, when you bring a plant outside or expose it to the elements, and the intense sunlight, the plants will produce more of there non glandular trichomes, compared to the same plant being grown indoors. Mostly becasue the plant has no reason to expend its energy producing structures that arent neccesary for its survival.

Underthesun

Underthesun

I'm really digging on the quality I get from my greenhouse. Interesting to hear about different types of trichs. I've heard that cooler temps during flower will produce more trichs, but you may lose some yeild. Are those good trichs or non-glandular I have to wonder. I've been letting my GH get down to upper 40s and lower 50s at night. Thinking I may want to heat it up to mid 60s to increase my yeild. Any thoughts on that?

Calixylon

Calixylon

Im not to sure about that, but i know the cooler it is the slower a pplant operates, but most indicas were born from the harsh mountain climates, so i can imagine them losing to much, but if its not hard to heat it up during the night i definetly would.

DrFever

DrFever

Im not to sure about that, but i know the cooler it is the slower a pplant operates, but most indicas were born from the harsh mountain climates, so i can imagine them losing to much, but if its not hard to heat it up during the night i definetly would.
we must understand although temps may be cooler outdoor compared to indoor but what happens indoor once room cools all of plant cools including roots
Out door being roots are in the grouund plants are functioning fine
for instance my night time temps are 3 - 4 degrees C day time 12 - 15 but as day progresses temps increase plants adapt to its surrounding area and climate .. in fall outside temps are harsh n cold yet a person jumps into a lake the water appears warm
but step out of the lake and grrrr shes cold lol
With that said with colder over temps i am seeing more purpling of the leafs on the top end of plants here is a side bud shot leafs looking great but click on it for 2 - 3 weeks in flower leafs are starting to frost up rather faster then indoor
IMG2589
IMG2591
IMG2590

Last edited:
DrFever

DrFever

for instance indoor you run temps 4 degrees not only will plants get cold so will roots being there in pots
Where as outdoor or in 300 - 500 gallon of soil root system is shielded from the cold
as long as the sun is beating down and roots are in right temp plants will still grow might use little more energy but in fact will still grow indoor plants will stop growing

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i would never let my tent get to 40 degrees, because it may cause some shock. I know soil stays a certain temperature but i thought it was the air temp that affects the plants not the soil temperature

shemshemet

shemshemet

To agree with @DrFever old post about the sounds and whatnot,

bumble bees wings resonate at a perfect C pitch. Blueberry flowers drop pollen at the sound of the exact frequency.

I believe sounds have a very high impact on plants, and much of that has yet to be studied.

Not saying a certain frequency gives you "best nugz"...but I would wager there are plenty of interactions going on that we may not be able to see at first glance. Plant protection responses or growth stage responses, may be impacted by certain sounds and frequencies. Just like the blueberry pollen drop.

DrFever

DrFever

Soil temperature plays a huge role. IIRC, 55*F is the point where all life activity stops (for cannabis at least).
Yup and way i am seeing it presently is although my ambient air is in the 4 degree mark in the mornings , we see v changes in a plant like color changes purple being the dominant one and such this does not mean plant has stopped growing as long as any plant receive's enough sunlight and root system stay warm
i believe the plant will not go into shock or stop growing
this would be a great test grow by having 2 plants grown in 4 degree temp room one plant with heat mat and other root zone becoming same temp as ambient air 4 degrees ...
I believe that the heat mat grow would in fact grow maybe not at proper speeds that we are used to if everything was in perfect condition , also nutrient uptake would be less one would think as all functions might slow down a little bit
This is what i am observing anyways colder temps = changing in leaf color to purps , but she is still growing its been to weeks pretty much even amount of cold to being above cold if that makes sense lol and plants are growing but IMO at a slower rate then in ideal conditons as plant is using some of its energy not only in making buds but also surviving
IMG2591
IMG2597
IMG2592

Calixylon

Calixylon

Yea i know soil temp does, but if your plants are in the ground there a certain temperature always, once your below a certain depth the soil temp stays regulated. If you have raised beds or pots, i dont know how this affects temp, and if the soil from a large planter will be temperature regulated like a plant in natural earth does.

And i dont deny that your plant grows well in 40 degree weather mornings, but if the plant didnt have those fluctuating temperatures it will produce more.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

During the heat of summer my plants can take up to 30 gallons a day. Closer to harvest when the weather cools down, I choke down the water to about 2 gallons a day.

Tell you what folks, been a long time since I have been this ripped, 3 good pulls off HH's Sdubb x querkle and I am in another dimension. And thats a good thing. :D Frosty sticky fruity gooooness. Thank you HH for a fine cross!!!

Is HH even around anymore? Last I heard he blamed all his hermi issues on "trolls" and I haven't seen him back, lol. So many other breeders with Sdubb, I would choose all of them over HH. Even though he claims to be the only one with sdubb and breeding it, lol. That guy is a clown.

Top Bottom