I think ive actually made it to my first feed? WOW.

• Thread starter CosmoGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
IMG 20200108 235004 4

ahhh, a much better day in the garden lol. Beside the autoflower, were looking prettygood, a decent recovery from last night. Soil slurry tests tonight!!

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Dang, plant number one, my new big girl, she nailed the test. (The water is separated from the soil into a second cup) I let the soil sit in pH 7.0 water for a couple mins. About ten. This is what it read after. Is this my soil pH?

IMG 20200109 003219 2
Moshmen

Moshmen

I let mine sit for 15-20 then stir or shake again , and let it sit again till all the material either falls to the bottom or floats on top . I will be interested to hear what everyone has to say ? But looks good !

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

can you test that FFOF? i know you're chucking it out, but out of curiosity.

that result above is good for soil - smack in the middle of acceptable range.

EDIT - your remaining plants looks good - lets gets some towards flowering.

Last edited:
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I let mine sit for 15-20 then stir or shake again , and let it sit again till all the material either falls to the bottom or floats on top . I will be interested to hear what everyone has to say ? But looks good !
can you test that FFOF? i know you're chucking it out, but out of curiosity....

Got you mosh, and i will test the FFOF, do you want me test it directly out of the bag? I have some of the same bag that i used to plant all these recent plants. I have one plant left thats in full FFOF, the rest are in FFOF transplanted to roots organics now, after chucking the two yesterday. Ill use moshs method to test the FFOF. It sounds more accurate to me.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
You know, with as compact as this FFOF was getting, the roots organics isnt getting nearly as compact, do you think it could be a bad batch of soil, or maybe a uneven mixed batch or something crazy? I dont know, i just dont see how people would have success when the soil just rocks up like it does, to me its not leaving the plant space to breath.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

yeah, just test what you had used....just for curiosity, but might learn why you had struggled...only speculations, until you measure its pH....

but that organics is good...

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
The pen did drop to 6.5. just now as I post this. But none the less, the OLD BIG GIRL thats now in her grave,
She was running at 6.8. I may not be super accurate though.

Running a test straight from the bag now.

IMG 20200109 020844 8
Moshmen

Moshmen

You know, with as compact as this FFOF was getting, the roots organics isnt getting nearly as compact, do you think it could be a bad batch of soil, or maybe a uneven mixed batch or something crazy? I dont know, i just dont see how people would have success when the soil just rocks up like it does, to me its not leaving the plant space to breath.
I’ve never used it and I follow you to learn ! Lol I have done ic the same questions ,
I read a lot of FFOF gets wet in the bag and something happens it’s from storage ? Depending on where your at it could have been sitting in the back of a semi frozen for 2weeks? Or sitting outside getting rained on then heated up , anyhow I know your not the only person who has trouble with fox farms -

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

I’ve never used it and I follow you to learn ! Lol I have done ic the same questions ,
I read a lot of FFOF gets wet in the bag and something happens it’s from storage ? Depending on where your at it could have been sitting in the back of a semi frozen for 2weeks? Or sitting outside getting rained on then heated up , anyhow I know your not the only person who has trouble with fox farms -

soil/potting mix...not under 25F & store in a cool place...typical instructions. like anything, you don't want too much temperature fluctuation, not too cold, too hot, etc.

i understand where you're going with this, and products could get spoilt when not stored or manufactured properly. high turnover might be good to keep fresh stock/different-batch.

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
Didnt you say you forgot to add perlite to the ocean forest? Also very important to break up any clumps in the soil. Well any soil. There can be hot chunks with unmixed guano or crab meal etc.
Ahhh yes yes, I did forget to add perlite, I forgot about that! You're right mimed. Thanks for the reminder. So heres a question, since I'm switching to root organics, do u guys think that's set on perlite. Or should I add more to that too? It seems pretty loose and airy I don't think I'd need it?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
DAMN SHE A GONER.
I know what this means. I have 6 hours till lights out, and she's already dropping, preparing for bed. I have seen this all to much these past couple months.

Let the stressful issues begin. It's going to be another stressful plant that will probably end up in the garbage lol. This is chapter one of death pretty much.

IMG 20200109 073147 0
CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
They do this^^ they start looking some weird dull color, and then stop growing, and then get purple stems, and then it's shit from there.

It's even already got the purple stems. Happened overnight .

Looks like it's going to be another day of zipping up the tent and "fuck it" till tomorrow. Lol.

I'll give her another day but I probably just won't even fuck around with her anymore and just get her out of here. I already know where this is going.

IMG 20200109 073204 3
basscaptain

basscaptain

DAMN SHE A GONER.
I know what this means. I have 6 hours till lights out, and she's already dropping, preparing for bed. I have seen this all to much these past couple months.

Let the stressful issues begin. It's going to be another stressful plant that will probably end up in the garbage lol. This is chapter one of death pretty much.
whats wrong with it???

go to bed and when you get up water it just a little... when you get home water it a little....
do whatever these guys are telling you with the rest....
that plant right there just try what I'm saying........

basscaptain

basscaptain

all my plants get purple stems............
I'll watch this more and read up what your doing again in the last week.......

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
whats wrong with it???

go to bed and when you get up water it just a little... when you get home water it a little....
do whatever these guys are telling you with the rest....
that plant right there just try what I'm saying........
I just watered it yesterday. There's nothing wrong with the plant except some overwatering. I just know this Trend. And that's what I'm trying to avoid. Basscaptian I'm on like 5 months of killing plants. I watch trends, and I watch what happens and how things happen. This is step 1 of death. Trust me. I have a seed history of 50 seed bought with not one plant making it to flower. Tomorrow, this plant will look worse, and worse, and worse, until one day it wilts and finally needs some water. And then it will look worse again, and again, and look worse, and stop growing, and turn red at the budsites, and turn a light light green, and curl up

I mean bass, i wouldn't just make this up. Trust me I want flower so bad. But this plant is doing the same thing as the last 49. So why even try ya know?

CosmoGrows

CosmoGrows

Supporter
I'll keep trying bass. This is just frustrating because I know where she's going. :(

Top Bottom