Nectar for the gods???

• Thread starter Snicklefritz88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Took forever. Cut off most of the fan leaves and hung the individual branches. Have it at 60°/60% with 6'' carbon filter and inline fan and air being exhausted outside, air-conditioner running, dehumidifier set, small clip on fan on floor, tent closed up, except vents, and rooms pitch black. I have all my jars and meters to in them. Waiting till the day the stems snap. Probably gonna jar them and just trim them as I smoke but theyll be jarred for a whole before that. Anything else?

sambapati

sambapati

So I made a couple mistakes nearing the end. So I had all my small buds at the bottom pretty solid not larfy. Today all the small ones at the bottom exploded into larf. Probably because of the extra 6 hours I left that light on a couple nights ago. Looks like reveg. They were popcorn buds anyways. I'll end up keeping them and either smoking it in with the bud or making something. It's going to hurt my yields a little bit not much. Any advice?View attachment 1225178
Just asking for next time and a process question -- did you allow for a dark period at the end of your grow (typically 36--48 hours in total darkness)? This increases your BRIX score and makes more resin in the buds. Looks like you had a real nice grow, but while it is fresh in your mind write down everything you did wrong so you don't have to make the same mistakes twice (or thrice).

sambapati

sambapati

Took forever. Cut off most of the fan leaves and hung the individual branches. Have it at 60°/60% with 6'' carbon filter and inline fan and air being exhausted outside, air-conditioner running, dehumidifier set, small clip on fan on floor, tent closed up, except vents, and rooms pitch black. I have all my jars and meters to in them. Waiting till the day the stems snap. Probably gonna jar them and just trim them as I smoke but theyll be jarred for a whole before that. Anything else?
I would advocate for flavor and slow drying process to add at least a week in brown paper bags, turned daily, in the dark cool de-humidified environment. You'll get a smoother smoking reefer.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Added up to having a lot of larf on the bottom half of plants. Luckily i grew 2 and have plenty bud. So I have alot of super frosty larf. I got to figure out what to do with it I refuse to throw it away. I feel like the easiest thing to do is make cannabutter because it's so versatile I can literally put it on a piece of toast in the morning. I just need to learn how to do it the right way. So save a larf and trimming are hang dried and cured and then trimmed off do they still need decarbed. I have a slow cooker if able to use and thermometer. I want to buy the bubble bags but idk of I have enough to put in them. The larf looks smokeable, looks like it has alot of cannabanoids That I don't wanna waste or fuck up. I may need some help.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Just asking for next time and a process question -- did you allow for a dark period at the end of your grow (typically 36--48 hours in total darkness)? This increases your BRIX score and makes more resin in the buds. Looks like you had a real nice grow, but while it is fresh in your mind write down everything you did wrong so you don't have to make the same mistakes twice (or thrice).
I gave them around 24 hours of dark. I log everything forsure. I'm doing things alog differently next. Most likely manifold, sog, or Scrog. No more 1 plant sea of green. Too sloppy for me. I don't want any larf it's really wasteful the size density and quality of the top colas let alone whatever nutrients got left behind in The larf instead of making it to the top.

sambapati

sambapati

I gave them around 24 hours of dark. I log everything forsure. I'm doing things alog differently next. Most likely manifold, sog, or Scrog. No more 1 plant sea of green. Too sloppy for me. I don't want any larf it's really wasteful the size density and quality of the top colas let alone whatever nutrients got left behind in The larf instead of making it to the top.
Last grow I did manifold and 3 months of veg -- had better yield than this time around -- but quality of both are fine with me. Learn and burn.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

Looks like things are going well. If you can keep things at 60/60 then you can let them hang as long as you want. This lets you skip the paper bag trick to. I used to do the paper bag but once i got my temp and humidity dialed in it didnt make a difference. Dont wait for the branches to snap, they probably wont at 60/60. Snapping branches is really to dry. I have jarred mine untrimmed, i probably still would if i didnt have my curing buckets. I did prefer to trim them in to a separate jar later to let sit trimmed for a few weeeks, the smells were better but i dont think it affected to weed to much, maybe slightly better taste. My best yields at this point are just smaller plants with shorter veg. 3 gallon pots of soil with 3-4weeks veg is perfect. Just top the 5-6 node and let them go. I some times use the lst trainers but not always. Mainlining is great if you want huge plants outdoors and dont care about long veg times. I am all about Shortening my start to finish times these days.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

So if I keep it between 60° and 65° and RH% at 50 to 60. How long wouldnyou say should I level them in the tent. Also should I trim before jarring or can I just jar them and trim as I go you know like maybe trim up a whole jar before I get it out to smoke it. Last time I waited for branches to snap it took about a week Jarred them all untrimmed and just trimmed ajar when I took it out to smoke it. I stored it in my closet in the dark at about 60 degrees burping them here and there and after a month I put it in the crisper in my fridge in the dark at 50 degrees. Is there anything you guys would do different. Also I'm wondering it's running my carbon filter on high and using a humidifier and dehumidifier in the room what makes for a better dry or if I should just run the carbon filter on low with no dehumidifier and no humidifier. I just feel like fresh humid air flowing through there would be better than the other but I don't know maybe the same thing

sambapati

sambapati

So if I keep it between 60° and 65° and RH% at 50 to 60. How long wouldnyou say should I level them in the tent. Also should I trim before jarring or can I just jar them and trim as I go you know like maybe trim up a whole jar before I get it out to smoke it. Last time I waited for branches to snap it took about a week Jarred them all untrimmed and just trimmed ajar when I took it out to smoke it. I stored it in my closet in the dark at about 60 degrees burping them here and there and after a month I put it in the crisper in my fridge in the dark at 50 degrees. Is there anything you guys would do different. Also I'm wondering it's running my carbon filter on high and using a humidifier and dehumidifier in the room what makes for a better dry or if I should just run the carbon filter on low with no dehumidifier and no humidifier. I just feel like fresh humid air flowing through there would be better than the other but I don't know maybe the same thing
The dehumidifier helps with the drying process and i would leave it running. One way to see how things are is take a single bud and put it in a glass jar for 12 hours then open. Does it smell like ammonia? If so the weed is still too wet to be put into jars, so it can either be hung or put into bags. A lot of people on here seem to like Grove bags which seem to de-mystify the drying process. My next trip to the US, I'm looking at getting some for sure.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

I'm just going to try to keep the humidity up to 60%for a little while I notice it's dropping and have to turn humidifier up a little. It's around 20% in my house.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

I personally wouldn't be running the dehumidifier. my exhaust fan has a sensor that i set to 60, with the fan set to 2. when humidity rises above 60 the fan kicks on. i also have a small fan moving air in the tent, below the hanging plants. Nothing blowing directly on the plants

chato

chato

I was typing out what dreamfox just said when I saw his response come in. I also think 60% is a little high for drying. You'll definitely want to keep the air moving to prevent mold. I'd drop it to 50% and have a gentle fan going but not pointed directly at the buds.

dreamnfox

dreamnfox

most folks are sticking with 60/60 these days, the cooler temp allows you to keep the humidity higher with less fear of mold. He is in a very dry area so even less fear of mold

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

See here's the thing. To be able to fit all that in the tent I had to hang the branches all over, high medium and low and the humidity is different all over the tent.Between 50% and 60% Rh though and temp between 60 and 65°. Some may dry sooner than others forsure. I'd like to get them in jars as soon as I can. I was always under the impression to wait until the little branches snap not bend but if thts too long and dry maybe I should jar them.sooner

sambapati

sambapati

See here's the thing. To be able to fit all that in the tent I had to hang the branches all over, high medium and low and the humidity is different all over the tent.Between 50% and 60% Rh though and temp between 60 and 65°. Some may dry sooner than others forsure. I'd like to get them in jars as soon as I can. I was always under the impression to wait until the little branches snap not bend but if thts too long and dry maybe I should jar them.sooner
Snapping branches may mean the buds have been over dried. You'll have to exercise your judgement about how dry you want them. For example, if the bud rolls a good joint and smells good vs the bud is too wet to smoke -- leave it to dry longer. Whoever said drying is an art, not a science -- give them a free OZ. I jarred last night after 10 days hanging and 10 days in bags and they still didn't really 'snap' but this morning we had a nice aromatherapy session -- no grass, no ammonia just some stinky and icky. I'll keep burping them and keep checking for any moisture. Some have Bovedas in the jar and some not....slowly slowly catch the monkey.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Heres this 17 day old zkittles Auto on top of my fridge I haven't been giving much attention to. Watered with Dr root for a little bit and now Started some light feedings. I have it on top of my fridge 9 " from ts 1000 dimmed down. Im kinda confused about led hanging distances.

sambapati

sambapati

Heres this 17 day old zkittles Auto on top of my fridge I haven't been giving much attention to. Watered with Dr root for a little bit and now Started some light feedings. I have it on top of my fridge 9 " from ts 1000 dimmed down. Im kinda confused about led hanging distances.
View attachment 1226672
24" seems standard based on mfgs recommendations. Also recommend a trivet or something under the pot -- fridge tops can be hot places.

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

Snapping branches may mean the buds have been over dried. You'll have to exercise your judgement about how dry you want them. For example, if the bud rolls a good joint and smells good vs the bud is too wet to smoke -- leave it to dry longer. Whoever said drying is an art, not a science -- give them a free OZ. I jarred last night after 10 days hanging and 10 days in bags and they still didn't really 'snap' but this morning we had a nice aromatherapy session -- no grass, no ammonia just some stinky and icky. I'll keep burping them and keep checking for any moisture. Some have Bovedas in the jar and some not....slowly slowly catch the monkey.
Million ways to do it. I'll learn how to get it down to my exact liking one day. I did like how it came out last time with a slow dry and cure. IDK if it's just having fresh bud but it stayed sticky, smooth, and dank till the very end. I don't think I started smoking it for 6 weeks after I cut it down

Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

most folks are sticking with 60/60 these days, the cooler temp allows you to keep the humidity higher with less fear of mold. He is in a very dry area so even less fear of mold
No fear of mold whatsoever. I sterilized the entire room to the fullest and have inline fan and carbon filter exhausting outside,air-conditioner humidifier and dehumidifier running all at once. The air in the room just feels and smells very sterile but I know there's always a chance of something not going my way. Like mold LOL. So I'm Watching Temps and Rh very closely but i Wanna get em In jars as soon as I can to preserve dankness and terps without putting them in too early and worrying about mold. Also don't want them too dry and have to get boveda packs. After I have them Jarred and I don't have to burp them anymore I put them in the fridge in my crisper for storage and take out a jar at a time.

Last edited:
Snicklefritz88

Snicklefritz88

So while I have them in my tent hanging at the right temperature and humidity should I wait until branches are able to snap or should I put them in the jar before that so they don't dry out too much? I cut them down and hung them on Sunday and it's now Thursday. They've been kept at 60°-65° and 50-60%RH. No branches snapping yet. So my question is should I wait for the branches to snap or should I jar them and just keep an eye on the ? I did stick a bud in a jar and let it sit for 24 hours and then opened it up like recommended. It didn't have a ammonia smell just a little grassy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom