Need to kill some mites fast! Possible russet mites!!

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
obsoul33t

obsoul33t

IBL
1. sulphur burner only slows them down , it won't cure them
2. azatrol/ azamax did nothing
3. sm90 slowed them
4. stylet oil did nothing
5. neem oil did nothing
6. safer sulphur did nothing
7. avid wiped them out for a few months
8.90% iso spray did nothing
9. rotating avid dip with tetrasan ovacide dip 2 days between total 3 dips of each worked

the key is cutting back all your moms to a single small clone of each plant , you will have an incredibly hard time getting rid of them with a large canopy . it wasn't until i tossed all large plants and focused my assault on them with single node cuttings that i got rid of them . eggs can lay dormant for months . avid dip kills adults while terasan crystallizes and kills the eggs . if you don't address the eggs in time they will return . this is my first hand experience with these little bastards ..

Chobble

Chobble

Right now Im rocking Azamax and Caps bennies for pest control. Had some really bad root aphids and Im using the Azamax to prevent new ones from popping up while killing any ones with Caps Bennies.

The idea is that I kill the eggs and thus start limiting the population with Caps. Thats obviously not working to well for you.

I do know as a fact though that Azamax will cover the eggs and prevent them from hatching, so even if it doesnt kill them on contact, Which it wont. It'll help slow them down while you find some better methods.

Now the good thing is that they're in the foliage. I was sitting through a lecture on IPM(Integrated Pest management) the other day and the professor pointed out the most obvious way of killing bugs, by hand, If no chemicals work just start killing em off. Especially because your in flower and dont want to be spraying stuff.

I honestly prefer the sadistic satisfaction of killing aphids and mites by hand, Apparently to many people forget about this simple method?

Chobble

K

kushtrees

I hit en with azamax to slow em down till my avid and forbid get here ganna give em a nitrozime asprin foliar to get their immune systems going, I actually have one strain that isn't effected at all plant resistance ftw. I already trashed all my moms just have a few strains in the cloner that will be getting avid/ forbid dunks when there rdy.

I found some 52% sulfur foliar spray I might give a try after I rotate avid and forbid a bid, hoping this will keep em down in flower. Im not scrapping these trees, I think I can get em down until harvest then go ape shit with bleach on everything.

I'm also getting an atomizer to fog the rooms, I'm looking for a standing one where I can just fill it up plug it in and leave for an hour, anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks for the advice obsoluleet, I had a feeling most products won't do shit against these things. I've found a few more sudies on control and 3-4 chemicals, 2 being avid and forbid, are quite effective, and biological controls are few in number. 90% ISo undiluted foliar didn't work for u?... That's scary

B

Burned Haze

1. Vaccum ur plants, I'm talking a good 10-20 per branch. And don't be a wise snout it, they will Tay n in less the leafs dead. I use a shop vac

2. I rotate my insecticides, azamax + sticky (wetting agent) , captain jacks deadbug , mighty wash. I spray every 3-5 days and seem to keep it under control. The key is being patient and spray everything, you miss a corner or a plant and you'll see the difference in infection!

3. Genetic resistance! You ever wonder why so many only use seed form of genetics when they have access to some elite strains. I love keeping some of my gems but Does not mean Im not fighting off pests ethier. Many genetics vie noticed are way more resistant than others, he'll you could have everything but that around it infected with mildew or mites and you won't ever see ut get infected. Check out timewarp or LSD, great for people who grow outside or higher humidity.

Anther tip is submerging your clippings clones. Prevention is always the key . I foliar spray silica and few other things to give it a natural barrier like many other stated above. Point is if you use systemic products you are going to have to worry about what's the end result? There is too many non toxic ways to prevent and control that there is zero reason to use that overly powerful poison.

K

kushtrees

I'm all for non toxic controls I've used bacteria, azamax, sns17, pyrethrins all sorts of things for spider mites. But these aren't spider mites, russet mites are a whole different thing. Studies have shown spinosad (sp?) the active ingredient in captain jacks to be an ineffective control, azamax as said many a times isn't effective, might slow em down tho, I have no idea what mighty wash is tho I may try it. I had a very strong IPM system until these things showed up, and they have laughed at it all so yes I will be using the poisons because I have a lease I cannot easily get out of and a landlord who is ok with me growing. I won't be using these poisons in flower, but as far as veg anything goes. I plan to try a sulfur regimine for control once they are knocked out but until then bring on the strong stuff these fucks need to die

Chobble

Chobble

I'm all for non toxic controls I've used bacteria, azamax, sns17, pyrethrins all sorts of things for spider mites. But these aren't spider mites, russet mites are a whole different thing. Studies have shown spinosad (sp?) the active ingredient in captain jacks to be an ineffective control, azamax as said many a times isn't effective, might slow em down tho, I have no idea what mighty wash is tho I may try it. I had a very strong IPM system until these things showed up, and they have laughed at it all so yes I will be using the poisons because I have a lease I cannot easily get out of and a landlord who is ok with me growing. I won't be using these poisons in flower, but as far as veg anything goes. I plan to try a sulfur regimine for control once they are knocked out but until then bring on the strong stuff these fucks need to die

It really happens to all of us. The problem is that there isnt really many other options. I would tell you that Bacterial/Fungal solutions are probably your ownly hope.

Also theres no way to get rid of anything fast. If you use IPM you should under stand that, The Azamax slows them down for a reason, So keep hitting em with it. Then keep playing with things while trying to fight the fuckers off (Azamax is most effective at 3 weeks as it will have taken effect, Its in no way instant, Generally won't even kill on contact.)

CHobble

K

kushtrees

These plants have been getting weekly/ biweekly azamax foliars for over a month as well as Other ipm measures. I've looked for a good fungal/ bacterial solution and am having a hard time finding anything that is effective and/ or commercially available. A certain predator mite has been shown to have a strong potential for controlling tomato russet mites which are closely related to hemp russet mites, but I have 0 idea where I would get it

Chobble

Chobble

These plants have been getting weekly/ biweekly azamax foliars for over a month as well as Other ipm measures. I've looked for a good fungal/ bacterial solution and am having a hard time finding anything that is effective and/ or commercially available. A certain predator mite has been shown to have a strong potential for controlling tomato russet mites which are closely related to hemp russet mites, but I have 0 idea where I would get it

What about lady bugs?... They go to town on most anything mite like. Ill even do some research for you ;)

Chobble

P.S.

Looked it up, Lady bugs do a number on cannabis ridden with russet mites. My IPM involves lady bugs now... They live in the room :P

K

kushtrees

Have a link for that? I'm making use of my schools databases for studies and haven't seen anything on lady bugs

Chobble

Chobble

Have a link for that? I'm making use of my schools databases for studies and haven't seen anything on lady bugs

Quick Google search. They're 5$ go pick some up at the store and let them go, They'll go to town. If you can try to prevent them from being sucked up by your exaust fan and release them at night.

Im not an etomologist, Know a few. I would say its going to be your safest bet in flower too.

The only Aphids/mites they arnt effective against is Root aphids. They will still eat any fliers though and any thing thats above the soil.

Chobble

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Have you 100% figured out which bugs you have? Cause if not I would focus on that before I decide on how to kill them.

K

kushtrees

Yes after multiple checks with a magnifying glass I have found beige sausage shaped mites, the leaf damage is consistent with them so I'm 99% sure that' it's russets. I mean there's a chance it could be broad mites or something but I haven't looked into them much and most products for russets, minus sulfur I think, are also effective agains those kind of mites as well.

Avid and forbid will kill pretty much any mite. sulfur is used for tomato russet mites which are closely related to the hemp russet mite so sulfur is going to be my prevention in flower. I've found a couple of 80-90% sulfur miticide/ fungicides I will be trying. I'm also going to be giving lady bugs a shot in the last weeks of flower, I'm not very optimistic that they'll work, but for like $5 every now and then it can't really hurt.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Hey if you know anyone with a little mightywash, would be nice to know if it melts sausages. I'd offer to safe-mail you a vial for academic purposes, but think that's prob against rules somehow.

And no offense, but ladybugs, seriously? I mean this sounds like something you want rid of now, not that I'm a proponent of nukes, but you already lit off some others off anyway, right? Mw is nowhere near as nasty.

K

kushtrees

I'm considering mighty wash for flower. And i have no expectations that lady bugs will do jack shit, but I'm not spraying the last weeks of flower no matter what, so I mean they can't hurt right.

I believe I have looked at that thread but I will check again

K

kushtrees

I have checked out that thread it's what prompted me to hit em with a high dose of azamax when I saw them. I'm having a hard time finding a source for predator mites tho I know there's one that has great potential for russet mites I have to look up the study again tho I'll post it here. When I get a moment this week I'll post a few studies on russet mites, they are not hemp russet mite specific but the tomato russet mite is closely related.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I'm considering mighty wash for flower. And i have no expectations that lady bugs will do jack shit, but I'm not spraying the last weeks of flower no matter what, so I mean they can't hurt right.

I believe I have looked at that thread but I will check again

Oh you're gonna love this, they also sell a product to wash off the mightywash for using up to day-of harvey. No need to even say it, I know.. [and no, I refused to buy it]

Latest posts

Top Bottom