Nutrients what are you using? Need advice here.

• Thread starter B0ssD0ss
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Homesteader

Homesteader

I use Soybean meal in my soil mixes and have never found a better and easier one stop nutrient for cannabis. You can grow with just soybean because it is 7-2-2 NPK but I give my plants a feeding of fish hydrolysate before going into flower just to ensure they have a boost going in but I think with most strains its not really needed. Soybean meal is great stuff.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'm a little late to this party, but a good nutrient company is Urban Farm, for both soil and hydro.

No need for cal/mag, most ingredients are organic, all formulations are complete.

The "vegetable fertilizer" and "garden of eden" are the two you'd use for veg and flower, respectively, though I know a guy who uses Texas Tomato Food for both.

visajoe1

visajoe1

Last time I checked ppm run off it was around 8000 if that helps you. I've been told I feed heavy at 2tsp a gal but only have had minimal burnage. I just switched to mills 4 part liquid line. Alot faster mixing with liquids.
wow 2 tsp/gal is heavy, something like 3ec. tpyically I'm using less than 1 tsp/gal, not more than 1 though.

visajoe1

visajoe1

I use Soybean meal in my soil mixes and have never found a better and easier one stop nutrient for cannabis. You can grow with just soybean because it is 7-2-2 NPK but I give my plants a feeding of fish hydrolysate before going into flower just to ensure they have a boost going in but I think with most strains its not really needed. Soybean meal is great stuff.
How much do you add to your soil?

Homesteader

Homesteader

You need to cool your jets, @Aqua Man provides more help than anyone else on this board. If you cannot handle a discussion without turning to insults maybe you should find another forum.

Depends on the size of the plant but 1 cup of the meal per plant pot is usually about right.

3 balls

3 balls

I run the two base parts of Front Row AG. Simple salts, add n grams part A per gallon, mix well, add n gram part B per gallon, mix well, apply.

I also run silica (protekt), and hygrozyme. silica, front row ag, hygrozyme, ph. pretty simple, imo. i've ran other bottled nutrients, 3 part, 5 part, 11 part. it gets hectic and costs way more than what it should.

All that being said, I don't recommend Front Row AG just because of its price point. It's expensive for what it is. Megacrop is comparable, Jack's a step up from Megacrop. It's like the Cadillac of salt nutrients, but the results speak for themselves. No calmag additives, ph's the solution well enough on its own, stable, easy to dose. Oh, and you can make your own concentrate if you don't want to weigh out salts every fertigation. So there's that.
Are you planning on switching to Jack's or why do you stick with the Front Row? I found your post after reading good stuff about Front Row. I figure salts are so inexpensive compared to the popular bottled lines I might as well go for the king, whichever one that might be. Thanks

B0ssD0ss

B0ssD0ss

Last grow I tried organic and found it to be a little easier then mixing bottle nutes each feeding but still kind of a pain in a whole different aspect. Decided to try out lotus nutes so will see how this goes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

First I would decide based on a few factors. The media used, if you prefer organic or synthetic, liquid or dry (I prefer dry, much better bang for buck).

Personally I use megacrop v1 (no longer available) or megacrop 2 part. Epsom salt because I use tap and want to balance out the calcium to magnesium ratios. After stretch adding in massive but thats purely optional and makes for a few more calculations.

Super easy to use and there is a feed calculator that breaks down each individual nutrient to give its concentration at varying ratios of a to b. Very handy when adding something else to the mix to see how it will affect your nutrient profile.

3 balls

3 balls

First I would decide based on a few factors. The media used, if you prefer organic or synthetic, liquid or dry (I prefer dry, much better bang for buck).

Personally I use megacrop v1 (no longer available) or megacrop 2 part. Epsom salt because I use tap and want to balance out the calcium to magnesium ratios. After stretch adding in massive but thats purely optional and makes for a few more calculations.

Super easy to use and there is a feed calculator that breaks down each individual nutrient to give its concentration at varying ratios of a to b. Very handy when adding something else to the mix to see how it will affect your nutrient profile.
Not RO water but close. Tap water is unusually clean 40ppm after tall boy 0ppm, I add silica first and then cal mag to my base water barrel. Media is Royal Gold Tupur fed once a day to significant run off. Right now I switch between Veg and Bloom and House and Garden (all 25 bottles of mystery sauce). Full dose Sensizym every feeding and 5g per gal Recharge every 3rd day.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Not RO water but close. Tap water is unusually clean 40ppm after tall boy 0ppm, I add silica first and then cal mag to my base water barrel. Media is Royal Gold Tupur fed once a day to significant run off. Right now I switch between Veg and Bloom and House and Garden (all 25 bottles of mystery sauce). Full dose Sensizym every feeding and 5g per gal Recharge every 3rd day.
I'm going to give terp tea grow and bloom a try in coco... was gonna wait for 1 more run but I'm really delayed in starting so once I do I think I'll just go the terp tea and try out organically derived nutes on high fertigation coco with adding cal mag due to the usually low availability of them in organics... or maybe just tossing in some gypsum and see if I can get away without 🤔

MilkyTrichomes

MilkyTrichomes

I don't know the exact science of it but the plant needs a lot of sugar during flower so people add molasses, brown sugar, honey and corn syrup. From what I read, molasses is the best though. Any molasses is good as long as it is unsulfured and 100% molasses.
Honey? I’ve read honey is antimicrobial and would kill off good microbes.

Top Bottom