• Thread starter BurnzYzBudZz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I assume it's serious.
Oh i believe you. I assume @amekins is serious because she seems to cook well and the luxury of slowly extracting the fatty goodness from a piece of meat is a real pleasure that makes for some decadent treats of a dinner (kinda has to be dinner because it takes so damn long it ain't lunchtime anymore).
I love simplicity. 8 hours later we are eating 😋🤣🤣 you aren’t lying Milson. Tasty stuff.

amekins

amekins

Nice. Ya I didn’t like it as a young child, but it grew on me as I aged. How olds your son, if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve got 3 myself.
My kiddo is 19, will be 20 in January (how the fuck did THAT happen?? ). And he’s a brilliant junior in college majoring in mathematics with a minor in computer science. He is kind and smart and sensitive and funny and quirky and on the spectrum. Things are very, very black and white/concrete. He should be enjoying his junior year on campus with friends but that’s not how this year is going. Hopefully January. I try to be a good roommate as we share 865 sq ft of living space and now a small grow tent sits in our living room. He’s not happy. This morning’s discussion about cannabis revolved around his irritation at someone smoking cannabis in a video I was watching. 😝

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
My kiddo is 19, will be 20 in January (how the fuck did THAT happen?? ). And he’s a brilliant junior in college majoring in mathematics with a minor in computer science. He is kind and smart and sensitive and funny and quirky and on the spectrum. Things are very, very black and white/concrete. He should be enjoying his junior year on campus with friends but that’s not how this year is going. Hopefully January. I try to be a good roommate as we share 865 sq ft of living space and now a small grow tent sits in our living room. He’s not happy. This morning’s discussion about cannabis revolved around his irritation at someone smoking cannabis in a video I was watching. 😝
Ooooo. Can you ask him what he thinks about the problem of machine learning and multivariate regressionary analysis of cannabinoid/terpenes interactions vs effectiveness on treatment for conditions such as yours? It seems a really hard problem because of all the correlations but as a comp sci person with a math leaning maybe he has thoughts...

Or he might know that my question is dumb or uninteresting lol.

Btw, if he is bored bc of the isolation, he might really like this site: www.projecteuler.net

I have done like 52 problems on there and they are so fun and get really hard. They are basically math probs you solve with programming. Like an easy one is "how many prime numbers are there between 100 and 10,000?"

Last edited:
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Very nice. I’ve got 16,15,13. All boys. Mind you, I’m 33 turning 34 in April. Lol. My oldest is autistic and will, more than likely, be with us forever! The other two are currently maintaining a 4.0gpa and my middle son is 6’1 260lb 15 year old. Plays football and has his mind set on college outta state already. Not sure where they got the brains 🧠 from lol.

amekins

amekins

Ooooo. Can you ask him what he thinks about the problem of machine learning and multivariate regressionary analysis of cannabinoid/terpenes interactions vs effectiveness on treatment for conditions such as yours? It seems a really hard problem because of all the correlations but as a comp sci person with a math leaning maybe he has thoughts...
If you’re serious, yes I’ll pass along the question as written because I don’t understand it.

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
No sarcasm at all. I know it’s a very unappealing name. But I love it and before my child became a vegetarian, he loved it, too. I never get to make or eat it.
My wife is a chef. Her specialization is comfort food. Corned beef, hash, and cabbage rocks! She makes her own corned beef from brisket. That part takes a long time depending on the brine she uses.

amekins

amekins

Very nice. I’ve got 16,15,13. All boys. My oldest is autistic and will, more than likely, be with us forever! The other two are currently maintaining a 4.0 and my middle son is 6’1 260lb 15 year old. Plays football and has his mind set on college outta state already. Not sure where they got the brains 🧠 from lol.
From their momma more than likely! Teasing. Yeah good kids are a blessing. Mine graduated 4th in his HS class, got perfect math SAT and SAT Subject Test Math Level II scores, and was originally a physics minor. Last semester he had a really hard time emotionally (even college kids can be really shitty to others) and it made the difficulty he was having with honors physics II lab intolerable and the minor was dropped. I hope my kid will be able to live completely independently at some point. I just don’t know yet. He may just mature more slowly. He’s brilliant but some things (sometimes even that brilliance) cause disabling anxiety.

amekins

amekins

Or he might know that my question is dumb or uninteresting lol.

Btw, if he is bored bc of the isolation, he might really like this site: www.projecteuler.net

I have done like 52 problems on there and they are so fun and get really hard. They are basically math probs you solve with programming. Like an easy one is "how many prime numbers are there between 100 and 10,000?"
It has been screenshotted and passed along.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
My dad's mother was an O'Brien. I'm jealous of yr dinner.
🥰🥰my grandfathers last name was BYRNES, when he and my grandmother immigrated to the US from Ireland. However, he had to change the spelling of his last name to BURNS in order to become a citizen of the US and be legally allowed to work here. Not sure why, I like the uniqueness of the way they used to be spelled.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My wife is a chef. Her specialization is comfort food. Corned beef, hash, and cabbage rocks! She makes her own corned beef from brisket. That part takes a long time depending on the brine she uses.
That was my Dads #2 favourite meal after liver and onions.
Used to be one of my favs until one day i was eating it and got something stuck in my teeth.. Pulled it out and it was a 3/4" long section of artery.. Made me sick.. started poking around the plate and noticed a ton of little artery chunks in the corned beef.

Havent touched it since.

amekins

amekins

🥰🥰my grandfathers last name was BYRNES, when he and my grandmother immigrated to the US from Ireland. However, he had to change the spelling of his last name to BURNS in order to become a citizen of the US and be legally allowed to work here. Not sure why, I like the uniqueness of the way they used to be spelled.
Love knowing the history.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Used to be one of my favs until one day i was eating it and got something stuck in my teeth.. Pulled it out and it was a 3/4" long section of artery.. Made me sick.. started poking around the plate and noticed a ton of little artery chunks in the corned beef.

Havent touched it since.
I am very very picky. You won’t see much fat/arteries on the meat when I’m finished prepping.

amekins

amekins

Havent touched it since.
My mother loved liver and onions with bacon. I cannot stomach that stuff. I like liverwurst but that’s as much liver as I can handle.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
That sounds so prejudiced against your grandfather. My guess is the Burns spelling is more Scottish than Irish (which was more acceptable back then).

Top Bottom