One Plant One Scrog Contest CannaGranny Style

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Whats up peeps, i am too far along on this super lemon haze plant to enter this comp, so i started a new seedling, Banana Krumble, which will be my entry! This is my super lemon haze girl, underneath my bamboo scrog. She is gonna lead the way for my Banana Krumble lol. Basically gonna just try and fill out the tent 100% for this grow for max-yield lol, should take about 8 weeks veg time from seed, depending on how fast she will grow. Cheers y'all!
Brooooooooohemian ZombCity! Hell yeah man you just made my night. I didn't want to be so far apart that we couldn't relate.
Not sure what is goin on with "The Chosen One" but she acting anything but. I have even employed a very ancient technique know as "Dance of the Cotyledon Offering" where I took the remaining Cotyledons from my 6 Purple Dragon Balls and sort of top-dressed it on The Chosen One. It's supposed to be a gesture of good faith so I thought why not. Also pulled out "The Tea Sloth" to help the seedling not feel alone about being so damn slow.
I've decided I am no longer messing around and I am dropping my 2 last Dark Phoenix beans this eve. If I have to lose 5 beans to get 1 to grow so be it. I only have 1 go at this dance called life and it seems to get shorter by the moment. I can't take all my beans with me anyway hah so let's get on with it. I am going to go whisper to "The Chosen One" and say "HEY don't take this the wrong way but I'm bringing in 2 possible replacements for you. You better get to work and grow the fk up" 😂

Zombierider

Zombierider

I am not good with seeds yet. Mainly I think my patience and also my shitty outdoor environment with wild temp swings isn't helping. I think I wanted them out above ground asap so I tend to plant shallow and mabye they just aren't ready to be above ground yet. This latest attempt I've push the seed all the way to the bottom of the cube and no way that's goin to be up in 4 days. Perhaps the longer incubation will strengthen them hopefully but now seed ocd wonders if they will ever pop out.

If this works and it takes 7+ days to pop a strong seedling then this is the way I'll do it. Also, i always wonder if the rockwool ph is killing it etc even though i presoak.
So my method of sprouting seeds so far has a 100% success rate. I just plant the seeds in jiffy pellets with the pointy side up. Then I put the jiffy pellet under a seedling dome, and put a seedling heating mat underneath, with the heating mat controller set to 75-77 degrees. Just keep the pellets moist with the mister, and in 2-4 days it will sprout, i guarantee it, as long as you have decent seeds that you know will germinate. After it sprouts, go ahead and turn your light on to its minimum power, bout 100 watts should do, and just let em sprout some true leaves for a day or two b4 transplanting. If they are getting too stretchy, increase light intensity. Good luck and happy growing!

Habosabin

Habosabin

So my method of sprouting seeds so far has a 100% success rate. I just plant the seeds in jiffy pellets with the pointy side up. Then I put the jiffy pellet under a seedling dome, and put a seedling heating mat underneath, with the heating mat controller set to 75-77 degrees. Just keep the pellets moist with the mister, and in 2-4 days it will sprout, i guarantee it, as long as you have decent seeds that you know will germinate. After it sprouts, go ahead and turn your light on to its minimum power, bout 100 watts should do, and just let em sprout some true leaves for a day or two b4 transplanting. If they are getting too stretchy, increase light intensity. Good luck and happy growing!
My seed broke surface in 4 days which surprised me. How long should I keep the jar over seedling? Until roots come out the bottom? It's still sort of closed up. My last seedling never got past this stage and stopped growing but I took the jar off and it got really hot with my humidifier turned off accidentally and it must have stressed it.

41689575 8039 4C8D 868D 7E84ED9CD8AB
Zombierider

Zombierider

Brooooooooohemian ZombCity! Hell yeah man you just made my night. I didn't want to be so far apart that we couldn't relate.
Not sure what is goin on with "The Chosen One" but she acting anything but. I have even employed a very ancient technique know as "Dance of the Cotyledon Offering" where I took the remaining Cotyledons from my 6 Purple Dragon Balls and sort of top-dressed it on The Chosen One. It's supposed to be a gesture of good faith so I thought why not. Also pulled out "The Tea Sloth" to help the seedling not feel alone about being so damn slow.
I've decided I am no longer messing around and I am dropping my 2 last Dark Phoenix beans this eve. If I have to lose 5 beans to get 1 to grow so be it. I only have 1 go at this dance called life and it seems to get shorter by the moment. I can't take all my beans with me anyway hah so let's get on with it. I am going to go whisper to "The Chosen One" and say "HEY don't take this the wrong way but I'm bringing in 2 possible replacements for you. You better get to work and grow the fk up" 😂

View attachment 1292261
Whassup!! Hell yeah dude you gotta run a tight ship or these grows will walk all over ya. I think the chosen one will grow faster knowing she has replacements inbound lol. But yeah dude just plant a bunch and keep the strongest for the contest. And yeah dude same here with the thinking of we have all these beans, and life is shorter by the day, so we gotta just plant em already and buy some more lol cough cough lit farms cheetah piss. I just planted two other plants to fulfill my 4 plant count, a Peyote Wifi and another white widow cuz the white widow imgrew last is dank af, and i want more lol. You sprouting in soil? Im scared to use anything else besides jiffys or plugs for starting, a lot of soils are waaay too hot for seedlings i hear. What u have in that solo cup?

Zombierider

Zombierider

Here are my 3 lil baby girls, under 24 hours of my 100 watt HLG 100 rspec, just a couple days into life. One of these lucky plants will become my entry for this competition, although the Banana Krumble is an early favorite. Gonna plant them into coco filled solo cups today and start them on the General Hydroponics Flora series nutrients. These girls all took 2.5 days to pop. From top left: white widow from seedsman, banana krumble from greenhouse seed co, and the all fuel/diesel strain from seedsman, peyote wifi. Im gonna wait and see which grows the best and that one will be my entry. But for now, im going with the Banana Krumble. Or am i not allowed to nominate the plant later after i see how it grows?

D1864DDA 4055 47E2 B505 3A581CB4317F
426BF8DE 15F7 4C12 81D3 D8C228BF45BA
Zombierider

Zombierider

My seed broke surface in 4 days which surprised me. How long should I keep the jar over seedling? Until roots come out the bottom? It's still sort of closed up. My last seedling never got past this stage and stopped growing but I took the jar off and it got really hot with my humidifier turned off accidentally and it must have stressed it.
Nice! There she is, ready to grow you some dank lol. So I've never sprouted seeds in rockwool, are you just giving them basic 3 part nutrients? Just make sure to ph your water/nutes (i think 5.6-6.0 is ok for seedlings? Make sure to double check this). As for the jar, make sure you arent sealing the seedling in so she cant breathe, i would just take off the jar, and just make sure the room/tent stays around 75-85 degrees, and just mist her with a spray bottle until she goes into her next pot, then you can start adjusting room rh more and stop spraying her. You dont have to worry about the humdiity much at this stage because spraying with mist will do the same as keeping the proper tent RH. Sorry if i confused you i am 'Le High.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Whassup!! Hell yeah dude you gotta run a tight ship or these grows will walk all over ya. I think the chosen one will grow faster knowing she has replacements inbound lol. But yeah dude just plant a bunch and keep the strongest for the contest. And yeah dude same here with the thinking of we have all these beans, and life is shorter by the day, so we gotta just plant em already and buy some more lol cough cough lit farms cheetah piss. I just planted two other plants to fulfill my 4 plant count, a Peyote Wifi and another white widow cuz the white widow imgrew last is dank af, and i want more lol. You sprouting in soil? Im scared to use anything else besides jiffys or plugs for starting, a lot of soils are waaay too hot for seedlings i hear. What u have in that solo cup?

Right? They act like I am their slave an shit. WE RUN THE SHOW HERE! Not them hah, "HEY pipe down over there or no more water" sorry #4 was acting up again 😂
Mann I can't even keep up right now brother hah. I just wrestled with my ladies in flower and took of BOTH their skirts. They are free-ballin in the tent right now, except the mimosa must be tied up or complete drunk octopusses all over the other ladies. I fed them there last water(with ice 😂) yesterday and tonight I will start 48hr dark, then wet trim Sunday and start to dry in tent.
Hopefully can have a nice dry cause man this shit smells great. The mimosa and the blue sunset sherbert over-power everything. I've got a good oz or so of grc x bbc and mimosa x orange punch that has been mini lotus cure drying in a wine fridge and today is day 9 and still maintaining 60/60 give or take 1-2. I have been testing it and last night my brother came over and I haven't seen him laugh so hard in years. He actually hurt his stomach and face muscles cause I had him rolling but it was obviously the smoke man not me. This shit is crazy

The Chosen One is in the Cup, it is a Dark Phoenix from Greenhouse and it has cotyledons adorned/top dressed as a peace offering 😂 Also the I am using Eye of the Tiger and Tea Sloth along with psychological warfare(threatened to replace). Tryin not to let her think she is boss form day 1

I cut the heads off all 6 Purple Dragon Balls today and wow some were bigger than others. Think I hacked off damn near 4+ nodes from #1 and her stem was so fat already the hole it left in the stalk was like a pen. Will edit and attach pics. Crazy how hollow it is

20221014 124114
20221014 125739
20221014 125802
20221014 104846
20221014 092541
20221014 104840
Zombierider

Zombierider

Right? They act like I am their slave an shit. WE RUN THE SHOW HERE! Not them hah, "HEY pipe down over there or no more water" sorry #4 was acting up again 😂
Mann I can't even keep up right now brother hah. I just wrestled with my ladies in flower and took of BOTH their skirts. They are free-ballin in the tent right now, except the mimosa must be tied up or complete drunk octopusses all over the other ladies. I fed them there last water(with ice 😂) yesterday and tonight I will start 48hr dark, then wet trim Sunday and start to dry in tent.
Hopefully can have a nice dry cause man this shit smells great. The mimosa and the blue sunset sherbert over-power everything. I've got a good oz or so of grc x bbc and mimosa x orange punch that has been mini lotus cure drying in a wine fridge and today is day 9 and still maintaining 60/60 give or take 1-2. I have been testing it and last night my brother came over and I haven't seen him laugh so hard in years. He actually hurt his stomach and face muscles cause I had him rolling but it was obviously the smoke man not me. This shit is crazy

The Chosen One is in the Cup, it is a Dark Phoenix from Greenhouse and it has cotyledons adorned/top dressed as a peace offering 😂 Also the I am using Eye of the Tiger and Tea Sloth along with psychological warfare(threatened to replace). Tryin not to let her think she is boss form day 1

I cut the heads off all 6 Purple Dragon Balls today and wow some were bigger than others. Think I hacked off damn near 4+ nodes from #1 and her stem was so fat already the hole it left in the stalk was like a pen. Will edit and attach pics. Crazy how hollow it is
Haha that was legit funny man ( threatened to replace psychological warfare 🤣🤣). So stoked you gonna get that perfect dry on man (my early harvested white widow and fire afghan are also smelling pretty fricken crazy). How you getting that 60 degrees, just cranking that ac unit? My ac unit wont go to 60 but set at 65 it ends up around 60 in the dry tent. Thats so cool you got that Dark Pheonix going, i legit wanted to grow that strain but there are so many to choose i didnt get those, but it was close! Sounds like a fire strain. Thats crazy about that Purpble dragon balls, i think hollow stem is not a desireable trait, but if the bud you got off it was fire, then fk traditionally desireable traits lol. So is she your mother plant? Sorry we have so many grows going I get confused lmfao

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I am not good with seeds yet. Mainly I think my patience and also my shitty outdoor environment with wild temp swings isn't helping. I think I wanted them out above ground asap so I tend to plant shallow and mabye they just aren't ready to be above ground yet. This latest attempt I've push the seed all the way to the bottom of the cube and no way that's goin to be up in 4 days. Perhaps the longer incubation will strengthen them hopefully but now seed ocd wonders if they will ever pop out.

If this works and it takes 7+ days to pop a strong seedling then this is the way I'll do it. Also, i always wonder if the rockwool ph is killing it etc even though i presoak.
I've done a lot of seedlings in rock wool. It works pretty well over all.

Are you saying you can't get the seedlings established inside first? Are you Southern Hemisphere?

I really don't think the rock wool is throwing off your PH - at least it never has for me. For our purposes, RW is essentially inert. It's just there for physical support and a conduit for air and water.

I can post pics of how I do it if you think it will be helpful. I'm not exactly sure where you are having issues, but it's pretty easy to get the environment under control if you can germinate indoors. Just need a couple things to be successful.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

H

Hollow stems are a discussion of its own. It’s a 50/50 toss up of its healthy to its a boron lockout. Ive seen this for thirty five plus years and I believe it’s natural and healthy! When it’s done, it’s done! Looks fantastic! 🥰 Did you read about my testing day yesterday? Oh M Gee! The only good part of it was the Future 1 came back at 37.020 %. (I just had to know)

Zombierider

Zombierider

H

Hollow stems are a discussion of its own. It’s a 50/50 toss up of its healthy to its a boron lockout. Ive seen this for thirty five plus years and I believe it’s natural and healthy! When it’s done, it’s done! Looks fantastic! 🥰 Did you read about my testing day yesterday? Oh M Gee! The only good part of it was the Future 1 came back at 37.020 %. (I just had to know)
I noticed one of my cheese cookies strains had a hollow stem and it gave me fire weed so I agree its probably natural and ok! And wait a minute.....37% thc? WHAAAA! lol is the Future one from Redbeard seeds?

JerzeyMike

JerzeyMike

I'd like to join in I have the plants I have an empty 3x3 tent and net but I'd need a new light. I just got a 5x5 and moved my se3000 into it along with another se3000. So I'm looking for a deal on something for the 3x3 and if I can find one soon I'll use a GSC clone I have started for the entry. This version of GSC grow out as monsters if I treat them right, she's a strain I'd to keep in perpetuity.
Yo you find a light yet? I have something you could use.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I noticed one of my cheese cookies strains had a hollow stem and it gave me fire weed so I agree its probably natural and ok! And wait a minute.....37% thc? WHAAAA! lol is the Future one from Redbeard seeds?
Yes indeed 37%! It’s touted as the highest THC content in the world. It’s from Anesia seeds in the UK. Look it up. One of the reasons I had it tested, just to see. I’m from Missouri, ya gotta show me 😊 I have read a statement from that company and many others “in the right hands *name of strain* will reach x amount of THC content”. So I also wanted to use it as a gauge to my abilities. Due to the fact they quote 37% I was most pleased with 37.020%. Cuz that .020 is important! Lol

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Haha that was legit funny man ( threatened to replace psychological warfare 🤣🤣). So stoked you gonna get that perfect dry on man (my early harvested white widow and fire afghan are also smelling pretty fricken crazy). How you getting that 60 degrees, just cranking that ac unit? My ac unit wont go to 60 but set at 65 it ends up around 60 in the dry tent. Thats so cool you got that Dark Pheonix going, i legit wanted to grow that strain but there are so many to choose i didnt get those, but it was close! Sounds like a fire strain. Thats crazy about that Purpble dragon balls, i think hollow stem is not a desireable trait, but if the bud you got off it was fire, then fk traditionally desireable traits lol. So is she your mother plant? Sorry we have so many grows going I get confused lmfao

😆 Laughter keeps us younger or so they say. Yeah she is definitely playing hardball that is for sure.

The wicked dry I am gettin is only in a mini fridge. It is actually a bit too good. I put a small amount in there like last wed and tonight I took out and put in grove bags with hygrometers. Hours later I could tell they were asking to go back in to the mini lotus cure-er. The wine fridge has digital temp control so I set at about 49-51 to keep temp at 59-61 and the RH has just kinda wanted to hang in the 57-62 range for 10 days now. It is great at least I think so far, but unfortunately it is for 2-3 zips total at a time. I will for SURE use it for the creme of the crop though.

Yeah about Dark Phoenix aka Not So Chosen one right meow. If I was under more of a time constraint I'd feed her to Bella or Oliver. Last night when I went to go threaten to replace her like I said, I'm not sayin I saw a tear but she grew(lanky-er) and it made me feel like she was a stray pit that wanted to fight to live. So I decided not to drop the last 2 beans and then I come in this morning and nope, faked me out and just grew wee bit moreee lankier with zero leaf growth. I can't turn light up considering it has to be way more than enough already and I shouldn't have her closer than 30 day old plants so, I'm wondering if it is genetics, super fickle early starter, or shitty Papa. I reached out to a guy who knows a guy who told a guy about some stuff with some things 😆 and I'm waiting to hear back on thoughts about which of these would be recommended for a SCROG grow in the event Dark Phoenix gets taken off the field permanently. It would be his GG4, Fruity Pebbles, or a strain he made called Saturday Night Special.

Yeah the PDBs are growin fast. Pretty sure I have major tacoin going on but was thinkin maybe I would foliar some cal-mag(never done before) or add something to soil but was gonna ask @CannaGranny and yall for thoughts 1st. I think I have light too close as well, was like 25" and just moved it up to 33" again. Rather have too little while try to fix them demand more of them by giving more light than they want/need/can handle.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Yes indeed 37%! It’s touted as the highest THC content in the world. It’s from Anesia seeds in the UK. Look it up. One of the reasons I had it tested, just to see. I’m from Missouri, ya gotta show me 😊 I have read a statement from that company and many others “in the right hands *name of strain* will reach x amount of THC content”. So I also wanted to use it as a gauge to my abilities. Due to the fact they quote 37% I was most pleased with 37.020%. Cuz that .020 is important! Lol
Oh My! You did it. You cracked the code. Wow that is the highest I have ever heard of. Congratz and I'd be proud as well. That is no joke and I am going to have to get some. I must know as well 🤗

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Wow, I am excited and honored to participate in my first ever grow challenge! This is my girl:
Epoxy Og from old school chronic
40 gal bag of living soil
Only giving compost tea and a few dry amendments(when/if needed)
Going into a 5x5 acinfinity tent

She is two days shy of 8 weeks, and id love to flip her, but we’re moving hopefully before the end of the month and I don’t want to cause any extra stress.
If anyone feels this one is too far along to enter please say so, i will start another.
Good luck to all!!
That is INSANE! 40 GAL? Indoors? Oooooooooooooooooo yall are startin to Realllllllly tick me off here 😆 and at this pace I will go fill my entire 4x4 with 80-100lbs of living soil. Screw it, I will clear out this whole room and do a 10 ft x 10 ft SCROG just to somehow be competitive with yall. 40 gal, meh 😄🤕🥺
Welcome aboard mate, good to have ya and best of luck 💪

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

😆 Laughter keeps us younger or so they say. Yeah she is definitely playing hardball that is for sure.

The wicked dry I am gettin is only in a mini fridge. It is actually a bit too good. I put a small amount in there like last wed and tonight I took out and put in grove bags with hygrometers. Hours later I could tell they were asking to go back in to the mini lotus cure-er. The wine fridge has digital temp control so I set at about 49-51 to keep temp at 59-61 and the RH has just kinda wanted to hang in the 57-62 range for 10 days now. It is great at least I think so far, but unfortunately it is for 2-3 zips total at a time. I will for SURE use it for the creme of the crop though.

Yeah about Dark Phoenix aka Not So Chosen one right meow. If I was under more of a time constraint I'd feed her to Bella or Oliver. Last night when I went to go threaten to replace her like I said, I'm not sayin I saw a tear but she grew(lanky-er) and it made me feel like she was a stray pit that wanted to fight to live. So I decided not to drop the last 2 beans and then I come in this morning and nope, faked me out and just grew wee bit moreee lankier with zero leaf growth. I can't turn light up considering it has to be way more than enough already and I shouldn't have her closer than 30 day old plants so, I'm wondering if it is genetics, super fickle early starter, or shitty Papa. I reached out to a guy who knows a guy who told a guy about some stuff with some things 😆 and I'm waiting to hear back on thoughts about which of these would be recommended for a SCROG grow in the event Dark Phoenix gets taken off the field permanently. It would be his GG4, Fruity Pebbles, or a strain he made called Saturday Night Special.

Yeah the PDBs are growin fast. Pretty sure I have major tacoin going on but was thinkin maybe I would foliar some cal-mag(never done before) or add something to soil but was gonna ask @CannaGranny and yall for thoughts 1st. I think I have light too close as well, was like 25" and just moved it up to 33" again. Rather have too little while try to fix them demand more of them by giving more light than they want/need/can handle.

View attachment 1292610
View attachment 1292608
I think the light being moved will correct that. If it does not, let me know and I will tell ya how to do it. 🙂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yo you find a light yet? I have something you could use.
Hi, thanks for your interest but yes & no..... I've 6 exotics ( to me) along with the 2 -GSC, a Gelato & a GG#4 and a 3x3 tent just doesn't cut it. I'm going to drop the 3x3 and take it upstairs for veggies with a small light I have.........I'll then put my 1000w hps back up and use it flower these plants. I'll have to drop out of the challenge. .........I still have time to get in on the contest if things change but I can't figure out any other way to grow out these girls & have a single plant under a scrog.

What light do you have available.....in Canada?

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

That is INSANE! 40 GAL? Indoors? Oooooooooooooooooo yall are startin to Realllllllly tick me off here 😆 and at this pace I will go fill my entire 4x4 with 80-100lbs of living soil. Screw it, I will clear out this whole room and do a 10 ft x 10 ft SCROG just to somehow be competitive with yall. 40 gal, meh 😄🤕🥺
Welcome aboard mate, good to have ya and best of luck 💪

Hahahahaha dude you kill me. Imagine if there was an actual PRIZE for this contest instead of some fun bragging rights?? You'd prob be telling the wife to rent a hotel cause you're filling the house with living soil 🤣

Hi, thanks for your interest but yes & no..... I've 6 exotics ( to me) along with the 2 -GSC, a Gelato & a GG#4 and a 3x3 tent just doesn't cut it. I'm going to drop the 3x3 and take it upstairs for veggies with a small light I have.........I'll then put my 1000w hps back up and use it flower these plants. I'll have to drop out of the challenge. .........I still have time to get in on the contest if things change but I can't figure out any other way to grow out these girls & have a single plant under a scrog.

What light do you have available.....in Canada?

Hopefully you can figure something out PC would be fun to have you along in the challenge 🤙

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom