*Perpetual Goods*

• Thread starter Goodsen Cranium
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Sorry to hear about your friend
sorry to hear about your friend goods. its really hard losing people we love and understand how it is. if you need anything or anyone to talk to hit me up. be easy sister.

much love

cheese
:( Sorry to hear that GC... I hope you find some peace in the garden and start the healing process.
On a side note... The plants look awesome girl!
OC
Thank you very much, gentlemen. I appreciate your kind words. Yesterday was the first decent day I've had in over a week... I'm used to bouncing back a much more quickly. Yesterday, got in veg and transplanted GDP#2, took some gg cuttings getting her ready for flower. I really have to clear some room in veg... got quite a few li'l ones that will be ready for transplant within the week. Today, I whipped up a ridonkulous comfort food dinner & a lemon cheesecake waiting. The Lions' defense is making me happy. :p Taking it as it comes & for now, I'm doin' alright.

Oldsam

Oldsam

Colorado has just experienced its hottest month. Ever. July blew the lid off the all-time average hottest month record by over a full degree F, crushing the previous trend of one tenth degree increases- this is a very bad sign of accelerating climate change and therefore steps must be taken on a national and personal level to cope. I had to upgrade my cooling system twice last month...

Not to jump your thread Brain but couldn't let this pass.
So stickk do you really think that this planet is gonna allow our race to hurt it?
My thoughts are our planet is just beginning to start another transion.
Think about it,depends on your age for shur.
Back in the 80s kilawae started to erupte its still going those who don't know it has know covered a very large area.
So it's a vent from the core all the lava is what we have thrown into the core.
For instance nuclear testing under gound until my mid.teens,and still in the developing countries it is happening.
All the thoughts media give us is for the most part not a fact just an opinion.
Just as this rant.
The Hawian islands are a small place.
Iceland
Yellowstone
South Western rockies of canada nice.On my buckett list
Hot springs in northwestern Japan,monkeys chill in the water in winter temps are -30deg.below 0 f.
The 102deg f. Year round Hot springs are vents also.

So is it really what we have done or??? Is it us being rude thinking we are doing this.
We only have 100 years of actual detailed records.
What about the other 4,000,000,000 years.
I'm sorry my friend but we can not do anything to influence what is happening now.
What we can do is stop trying to change it only makes the problem worse.

Thanks

ttystikk

ttystikk

Not to jump your thread Brain but couldn't let this pass.

Love the gratuitous back-handed compliment/insult at the beginning of the discussion, really sets the tone of 'simpleminded schmuck' for me...

So stickk do you really think that this planet is gonna allow our race to hurt it?

'Allow?' As if the non-animated object that is our planet has the ability to have such influence? The planet is the world's biggest reaction vessel; it's going to do what it's going to do based on the inputs- which have changed pretty drastically over this past century.

My thoughts are our planet is just beginning to start another transion.

Very true, question is, do we like the direction this transition is taking us? My guess is no...

Think about it,depends on your age for shur.
Back in the 80s kilawae started to erupte its still going those who don't know it has know covered a very large area.
So it's a vent from the core all the lava is what we have thrown into the core.

Not sure how this could be related to my age. Kiluea is a classic hot runny lava style volcano, with relatively little outgassing of greenhouse gasses, or particulates, which matter more for discussions of climate activity. This one didn't affect climate, but another one from the 1980s did; Pinatubo, in the Philippines. That one was a bigger version of Mt. St. Helens, which also affected climate, by propelling vast amounts of tiny particulate matter into the stratosphere, where it took years to separate and drop back out. While that dust was up there, it shaded the earth's surface to a small degree and in so doing put the brakes on global warming quite effectively, if temporarily. So yes, volcanoes DO affect climate, just not the way you'd guessed.

For instance nuclear testing under gound until my mid.teens,and still in the developing countries it is happening.

This is not a cause of climate change.

All the thoughts media give us is for the most part not a fact just an opinion.

Nowhere is this more true than on the official 'let's make it up to please our corporate overlords' network, Fox News. The facts, if you care to look, are everywhere. Just because Neil Cavuto doesn't say it doesn't make it false.

Just as this rant.
The Hawian islands are a small place.
Iceland
Yellowstone
South Western rockies of canada nice.On my buckett list
Hot springs in northwestern Japan,monkeys chill in the water in winter temps are -30deg.below 0 f.
The 102deg f. Year round Hot springs are vents also.

Nice places, all- and some of them certainly do hold the potential to drastically alter our climate. Take Yellowstone, for example; if it blew up tomorrow, life would suddenly become very difficult for humans planetwide. Yet, it's 'natural'- but then, so is yearly flooding of the Mississippi, and no one thinks twice about the wisdom of levee building.

So is it really what we have done or??? Is it us being rude thinking we are doing this.

We have put more hydrocarbons into the atmosphere than have been there at any time in the past 400,000 years, based on detailed climatological records kept in various places around the world. We didn't need to stand there with a thermometer to know what global temps were like 47,000 years ago, air trapped in the layers of ice in the Greenland and Antarctic Ice Sheets told us. They also told us what stuff volcanoes have been spewing into the atmosphere, and how much. Bottom line is that cars, power plants and factories are like the world's biggest volcao continuously erupting- a force in aggregate far larger than any such phenomena we've witnessed in human history thus far.

We only have 100 years of actual detailed records.

No, our records go back much further than this, see above.

What about the other 4,000,000,000 years.

It's the last 400,000 or so that matter most; how and when the Ice Ages happened, concentrations of various greenhouse gasses in the atmoshpere at various times, etc, etc. We have a pretty good handle on what has come before, and the baseline of climate and its usual velocity of change. That understanding is exactly what has scientists so concerned today.

I'm sorry my friend but we can not do anything to influence what is happening now.
What we can do is stop trying to change it only makes the problem worse.

So your answer is to simply stick your head in the sand and keep driving your ridiculously wasteful ground pounder? Yep, stick with Fox News; I'd hate to bore you with what intelligent people have been doing lately to help solve this problem you're convinced doesn't exist...

Thanks

You're welcome.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I bet Ty voted for al gore...lol

I Have ADD so I didnt read all of your post TY. But I just want to say I disagree with this statement of yours

Seems to me the planet is very animated...some would say its alive

It IS alive, in the same way our bodies are alive with germs and bacteria- but that doesn't give the germs the power to tell us to go to the grocery store or the golf course today.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

It IS alive, in the same way our bodies are alive with germs and bacteria- but that doesn't give the germs the power to tell us to go to the grocery store or the golf course today.

but there are diseases that make our body function and act in ways out of OUR norm. take dimensia for example or alzhiemers. those will make us act in ways we never have without even being aware of what we are doing. im not much for debate but thats just my .02

ttystikk

ttystikk

So are you saying we are the Cancer on this earth?

No Disrespect intended Ty...just playing around with ya ;)

sorry for the derail.

None taken- and yes, we are definitely a cancer on the planet. Whether our influence is benign or malignant is up to us, and I'm not liking the trend right now...

ttystikk

ttystikk

but there are diseases that make our body function and act in ways out of OUR norm. take dimensia for example or alzhiemers. those will make us act in ways we never have without even being aware of what we are doing. im not much for debate but thats just my .02

Now here's a classic example of reading too much into a metaphor; my point was that we ARE the germs on Mother Earth's ass- and as such we can affect the planet but not necessarily direct it.

That what we're doing to the planet has consequences is exactly what this conversation is about- it is what those consequences are and how big they will be- and the implications of THAT- these are the questions everyone wants answers to. We'll get them, all right- like it or not.

Here's where I get on my political soapbox; Corporations don't care if they destroy the planet, because they are legal constructions devised for the SOLE PURPOSE of making money for shareholders. Allowing them to have political influence- especially on envrionmental issues- is as insane as having birds guard your seed corn.

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

I call this one "A Long Week".:p
IMG 4235
Excited how your gdp beans come out I am a big fan of that line especially the full on purple fruity phenos, best of luck!
Thanks for stopping by with the good vibes, swiss! They were from bagseed and I have no idea what to expect or look for.
Righty-o, then... This was supposed to go into the last update, but my mind hasn't been firing on all cylindars. I was excited, because this was new for me. I don't know what it's called, but I filled in the plants that had these li'l starter roots with extra soil to let 'em do what they do.
IMG 4222
Let's see... moved a medusa plant to flower on the 24th to clear space in veg. Ended up moving the god's gift into flower Saturday. I'm thinking the way it's growing, it might do well with a tomato cage. I'm expecting quite a bit of stretch with her & wondering if topping her one more time before flip was wise.:eek: Next to go into flower will be GDP #2, who's been pretty happy in her new home or SKK#1. The SKK has Pure Kush & Katsu Bubba Kush in it's lineage. I've never grown a kush strain before. He told me my #1 is supposed to be the pheno to look for. Is there anything different about growing kush that maybe I should be aware of? Same thing with Purple Wreck info. I read it's a Purple Urkle/Trainwreck cross... Is that right? If anyone's grown Purple Wreck, I'd love to hear about it. Appreciate it.
Been wayyy to long since I've had a harvest, so I'm excited. The Northern Lights/Maui Wowie will be going into 24 hours of darkness when the lights go off tomorrow. Feeding issues & losing a/c is apparent in a few of the leaves, but the best topping job so far. Took a couple test nugs last week, a couple days apart after the second flush.
IMG 4350
And @ 61 days-
IMG 4372
IMG 4368
IMG 4385
IMG 4406
Loving it!
I'll be getting to the post office Tuesday to get more of your bennies, Cap. My garden & I love you lol...
Be well, everyone! Lady Goods

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

Happy NFL Kickoff day everyone!
Well, each time I check out my veg area, I freak out a little. When I germ'd the beans, I anticipated getting a male or two. I don't think I'm going to end up with any. Not a bad thing by any means, but it's definitely going to keep things interesting. (I keep thinking, "How did Skunkmasterflex pop 300+?!?!") I need to take cuttings of the SKK #1 & the GDP, which means I won't flower them for probably two weeks. SKK#2 got it's 3gal upgrade today (probably into flower next week) & #3 is in darkness preparing to go into flower tomorrow. Tonight, I'll be trimming the Northern Maui while I watch Victor Cruz get his salsa on.;) (C'mon, Eli... it's my only son...)
Be well, everyone! Lady Goods:p

strawberry cough x pure kush (m) x pre-98 katsu bubba kush (Clockwise from top left, #1-3)
IMG 4450
SKK #1 & 2
IMG 4451
GDP #1 & 2 (l-r)
IMG 4453
IMG 4454

Goodsen Cranium

Goodsen Cranium

What's good everyone? Things are progressing as much as possible in veg. lol More "what was I thinking moments". I've got more girls than a middle school slumber party in there. I need to take cuttings, but really don't have the space.
I got my bennies last night (you're fast, cap!) & I had a friend throw me some frass over the weekend, so today was tea day for all. The Alien gear I'm running got their first topping. So did one of the Ms. Universe.
Haven't had much going on in flower for weeks, and I'm excited & overwhelmed to be getting caught back up. Got a support for the god's gift (pic #4574). She'd grown around the tie I had @ the top o the main stem & snapped when I went to adjust it the day I put her into flower. I removed the band-aid today. Healed so nicely (pic #4560). Noticed today she's poppin' pistils.
IMG 4563
Nice Lady :)

I wanna grow some Gods gift for my wife to try....
Norcal hooked me up :D ...I just need to make room ;)

Good growing to ya Lady G! :)
Ken, I'd love to see you work her outdoors! ;)
Medusa was one of the strains I started with. This will more than likely be my last run with her, I'm gonna need the space. I've enjoyed our time together though, lol. 20 days. (Aerial pic #4573)
IMG 4567
IMG 4571
Got shots of pre-flower pistils on the SKK # 2, (pic #4568, flowered yesterday) & SKK#3 (pic #4570, flowered 09/06) in there as well. Thanks again for stopping through. Let me know what you think!
Lady Goods:D

IMG 4574
IMG 4560
IMG 4568
IMG 4570
IMG 4573
bigcheese510

bigcheese510

What's good everyone? Things are progressing as much as possible in veg. lol More "what was I thinking moments". I've got more girls than a middle school slumber party in there. I need to take cuttings, but really don't have the space.
I got my bennies last night (you're fast, cap!) & I had a friend throw me some frass over the weekend, so today was tea day for all. The Alien gear I'm running got their first topping. So did one of the Ms. Universe.
Haven't had much going on in flower for weeks, and I'm excited & overwhelmed to be getting caught back up. Got a support for the god's gift (pic #4574). She'd grown around the tie I had @ the top o the main stem & snapped when I went to adjust it the day I put her into flower. I removed the band-aid today. Healed so nicely (pic #4560). Noticed today she's poppin' pistils.

Ken, I'd love to see you work her outdoors! ;)
Medusa was one of the strains I started with. This will more than likely be my last run with her, I'm gonna need the space. I've enjoyed our time together though, lol. 20 days. (Aerial pic #4573)
Got shots of pre-flower pistils on the SKK # 2, (pic #4568, flowered yesterday) & SKK#3 (pic #4570, flowered 09/06) in there as well. Thanks again for stopping through. Let me know what you think!
Lady Goods:D
very nice progression GOODS. Everyone is looking great.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Sorry Lady Goods but i have finally got a chance to check out your thread , all is looking awesome... i will get to the others asap.... best to you ... and belated sorry about your loss.... Blessing s soser

Top Bottom