San Diego, 1st indoor, 4x4 tent, soil, organic grow journal

• Thread starter stp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stp

stp

They seem fine with regards to nutrients. Today they got no Vega (Vegetative nutrient with the nitrogen) and both Flores, Bio Boost (both PK and high brix factor). They seem dense down low still like i should have trimmed more but I’m kinda just sitting back and seeing how things go.

stp

stp

Frost already building. I took a few photos from low and under the plant to show how I trimmed and some of the death happening. I think I will trim more next time. Any thoughts?

1CA29799 AF32 49C7 88D2 62FA6C103A4A
EAF47450 6CE7 4B88 AA29 201CBEEDD658
031F0F5F 8530 454F A8FF D0D96B698730
24DE5B44 CCBA 466E 9201 2B4A4AFF787A
HiDaze

HiDaze

Most the dead vegetation could have / should have been trimmed off between week 1 and 2 of flip. Promotes air flow, directs nutrients to the leaves and nug sites.

The plant cannibalized the leaves without enrich light penetration. Not the worst thing. In a sense they worked like a battery pack for the plant before dying.

I would have trimmed em off so my nutes go where I wanted em.

She looks super healthy otherwise. Nice work 😁

stp

stp

Most the dead vegetation could have / should have been trimmed off between week 1 and 2 of flip. Promotes air flow, directs nutrients to the leaves and nug sites.

The plant cannibalized the leaves without enrich light penetration. Not the worst thing. In a sense they worked like a battery pack for the plant before dying.

I would have trimmed em off so my nutes go where I wanted em.

She looks super healthy otherwise. Nice work 😁
I was worried about over trimming and stopped....feel like I should have but I think it’s too late to trim now...They are looking great, thank you!

stp

stp

Brewed my own tea. 2 cups organic compost, 1 cup worm castings, 1 cup insect frass. I put it all in a hydro pump 400 micron filter bag, with (4) gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket. Fish tank pump and a medium sized air stone. Hung the bag to the handle of the bucket for about 28 hours. Mixed 2 Tbsp molasses in a half cup of hot water and dumped it in the bucket. Shit got frothy and bubbly. Gave it all to the plants this afternoon. No dillution.

C869C045 B740 44FA 9AC3 9D0E71AB62F0
73A09AF9 C6D3 48D8 9120 61C7CD0D2C39
359D808A A8E5 4DF9 B9C2 F4194D30C47D
20A31C8E 3D90 4335 8878 AF0FC29CE033
48C5A48F B78D 4342 85AF BED07FA753F0
stp

stp

Mini crisis-question. I’m looking at the plants today and I notice powder...then I see balls deep inside the plant. I stopped checking but am I screwed now? What do I do? Trim out all the male sacs? I dont see a lot but there’s pollen in the tent now. Help!

FCF16B1E BAE4 4089 8288 B70791D340D2
B61B4500 5748 4099 A617 76942BDAEEF4
73BFD0DA D2FD 4D95 9E2A 02900502A07D
stp

stp

Pretty sure the whole tent is going to be fucked, I thought they were all female, maybe they turned because of a light leak I never checked for when I started. Pretty sure I’m trashing them all this weekend. Male sacs about to pop all over two and light won’t allow me enough time to trim them so I guess it’s the end of this run. I’m already over growing weed indoors. It’s worse than owning a pet. Who wants to buy my gear?

HiDaze

HiDaze

Trimming them wont do anything. They're either male or female. Pull the whole plant out and trash it.

visajoe1

visajoe1

If you had time to write a post about it, you had time to yank em.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Pretty sure the whole tent is going to be fucked, I thought they were all female, maybe they turned because of a light leak I never checked for when I started. Pretty sure I’m trashing them all this weekend. Male sacs about to pop all over two and light won’t allow me enough time to trim them so I guess it’s the end of this run. I’m already over growing weed indoors. It’s worse than owning a pet. Who wants to buy my gear?
Seeds are expensive and spmoking bud with seed isn't so bad. I say make some seeds and bleach the tent after you harvest.

A lot of time spent for nada.

stp

stp

The light turn off a 7. There’s 4 plants total, they look female and are growing big buds but there’s also a lot of little sacs..so it’s either a germ or they turned from female to male on me. It’s not like I pull one and we’re good, they all have sacs deep inside and down low, but the tops all look female.

HiDaze

HiDaze

What makes you think made them turn after a nice bud start? Light leak?
Honestly, I couldn't guess with any certainty. Possibly a light leak confused the plant. Maybe an environmental issue. It could even go back to genetics.

I noticed your previous post. You seem frustrated with indoor growing. Small mistakes can have big consequences and vice versa. Every plant is finicky. New growers are so focused on THIS GROW they can get frustrated with their results.

Learn from your mistakes. Fix that light leak. Inspect your plants every time your lights come on. You ran into something which could have been caught early on.

No harm done. It sucks, you learn and you grow.

👌 keep it up, boss. No harm - no foul.

stp

stp

Honestly, I couldn't guess with any certainty. Possibly a light leak confused the plant. Maybe an environmental issue. It could even go back to genetics.

I noticed your previous post. You seem frustrated with indoor growing. Small mistakes can have big consequences and vice versa. Every plant is finicky. New growers are so focused on THIS GROW they can get frustrated with their results.

Learn from your mistakes. Fix that light leak. Inspect your plants every time your lights come on. You ran into something which could have been caught early on.

No harm done. It sucks, you learn and you grow.

👌 keep it up, boss. No harm - no foul.
Everyone said it’s simple but trying to maintain humidity levels buying humidifier, dehumidifier, all the effort is way more than I envisioned. I’ve grown outdoors and other than pests, simple. So that is why I’m tired of taking care of them like a pet. I wanted set it and forget it simplicity, evidently it’s not that way. Thanks for the advice. I’m not sure what to do with them now, feel like they are going to be seedy shit and I don’t know if I want to nurse these home to the end now.

HiDaze

HiDaze

Everyone said it’s simple but trying to maintain humidity levels buying humidifier, dehumidifier, all the effort is way more than I envisioned. I’ve grown outdoors and other than pests, simple. So that is why I’m tired of taking care of them like a pet. I wanted set it and forget it simplicity, evidently it’s not that way. Thanks for the advice. I’m not sure what to do with them now, feel like they are going to be seedy shit and I don’t know if I want to nurse these home to the end now.
It takes time and patience. Especially when you're switching mediums (indoor vs outdoor).

Your grow can be simple. You dont need to go crazy on environmental mistakes. Think of nature in general. Completely uncontrolled and ever changing. If the plant really HAD TO HAVE no more than 60% humidity EVER this plant would have gone extinct long ago.

Do what you can to reproduce "optimal" grow conditions, otherwise keep it simple. Create the best setup possible and make tweaks if they're needed. These plants are called weed for a reason lol You could drop a seed in dogshit come spring and that thing will grow.

Most people create their own mistakes. Too much nutrients or not enough. A light timer failed and she went into flower early or interrupted her bedtime. From what I see making a simple thing overly complicated before a grower is prepared to identify mistakes; or signs of damage without someone's input, is the root cause for failed grows.

I find "super hot" peppers are harder to grow than MJ. A plant is a plant. Some people have a knack for it while others need time to learn.

Dont kick yourself while you're down man. That's the easy way out. You will do better next time.

Top Bottom