Spider Farmer LED Grow

matthewearl

matthewearl

Those blurples put out less spectrum and less light per watt than any new samsung equipped light board. And they all have uv and ir now. But the uva led offers is not very good and is not the uvb that increases thc. And the ir diodes on your lamp and the cheap boards are epistar or no name and are not as good or long lasting as osram or even cree like the higher end companies use.

If i pay these rediculous prices for what should cost far less than my top of the line hps reflectors with double wall steel and auto finish and german reflector material and a well built ballast they better last a long time.
I actually add specific UV only t5 4ft lights on the tent on a cycle timer for my UV. I dont trust the UV's on the LEDS. It's just me.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Phlizon is Chinese and doesn't lie about their wattage. I use their 3000 series for the cobs and pull exactly what they state they pull. That is why they are the only chinese lights that I am keeping. The 3000 series is devastating. Especially with multiples used to widen the footprint. (by the way I am not talking about using the "equivalent compared to HPS" wattage. They actually list it and it is listed lower than what it pulls) But yes, I do agree many of the lights have fabricated or inflated values to compete against other light brands. Especially in the Amazon realm.

Yea, I get it. But I go by the results, period. I could care less what they "say" it does, I just look at the results, I've bought a bunch of Chinese lights over the years, and a lot of American ones also. These are some of the "best" cheap ones I've found, although I certainly haven't tried them all.

I've used single and double ended HPS/MH, I've used black dogs, Galaxdyhydro & Roleadro, COB setups, some of the early Sun Systems, Custom made Generics, Apollo's and these. Anything with full spectrum, supplemented with specific bandwidth for the purpose at hand will do fine. For veg that means blue, for flower, red and UV and maybe some IR bands as well.

I generally keep a veg and flowering room, so they have different needs, and mixes in lights can optimize what's needed. In late flower I might throw in those Roleadros because they add red that helps in the end, (putting results over the top) just make sure to have extra ventilation. There are more than one way to skin a cat, and key is just getting enough of the specific light you require. These lights are only going to get better in time, no question.

matthewearl

matthewearl

Yea, I get it. But I go by the results, period. I could care less what they "say" it does, I just look at the results, I've bought a bunch of Chinese lights over the years, and a lot of American ones also. These are some of the "best" cheap ones I've found, although I certainly haven't tried them all.

I've used single and double ended HPS/MH, I've used black dogs, Galaxdyhydro & Roleadro, COB setups, some of the early Sun Systems, Custom made Generics, Apollo's and these. Anything with full spectrum, supplemented with specific bandwidth for the purpose at hand will do fine. For veg that means blue, for flower, red and UV and maybe some IR bands as well.

I generally keep a veg and flowering room, so they have different needs, and mixes in lights can optimize what's needed. In late flower I might throw in those Roleadros because they add red that helps in the end, (putting results over the top) just make sure to have extra ventilation. There are more than one way to skin a cat, and key is just getting enough of the specific light you require. These lights are only going to get better in time, no question.
I agree. I would never say they don't have a purpose. That is why I look at efficacy now. I like to try to get the best light cost for true light output. When you start running up 1200/mnth elec bill just for running some small tents, this stuff becomes pretty important. I also don't want wasted par going into areas it is not needing and having too few in other areas. That is where this game becomes fun. Honestly would rather have 645W led with an efficacy of 2.6 μmol s-1 per watt, then 1200W at 1.2...as an exaggerated example.

SickBoy420

SickBoy420

Sf4000 results so far. I let them dry out for 3 days. Now I’m going to give them a good push for the next few weeks until fully baked. I go a little over done. They should really fill out now. Soon I will have better HD pics of the dense trichomes.
Dry out ? You mean you feed every 3 days ?? Or you let them sit dry for 3 days.

SickBoy420

SickBoy420

I know a lot of guys bash your products online here. I don’t, I like the cost and my spider Farmer lights so far.

Pleased to meet you!

a little testimony of your products results.

this is a sour Diesel Strain flowered at 5 weeks 3 days. I have all my medical marijuana growing indoors with Spider Farmer lights.
Just the tip of it and a few buds.
This plants done ?? Or is it a photo in week 5 ??

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I agree. I would never say they don't have a purpose. That is why I look at efficacy now. I like to try to get the best light cost for true light output. When you start running up 1200/mnth elec bill just for running some small tents, this stuff becomes pretty important. I also don't want wasted par going into areas it is not needing and having too few in other areas. That is where this game becomes fun. Honestly would rather have 645W led with an efficacy of 2.6 μmol s-1 per watt, then 1200W at 1.2...as an exaggerated example.

Yea, getting par over a specific area is really ideal, and blending lights I think at this point achieves that well, especially if your someone like me and have 7 big LED's of various strengths, feature sitting around. But every year it gets better, so I don't mind upgrading to the newer tech either. (just not too often) They've come a long way in the past 10 years.

There are a lot of choices now days, and that can only be a good thing for the consumer.

matthewearl

matthewearl

Yea, getting par over a specific area is really ideal, and blending lights I think at this point achieves that well, especially if your someone like me and have 7 big LED's of various strengths, feature sitting around. But every year it gets better, so I don't mind upgrading to the newer tech either. (just not too often) They've come a long way in the past 10 years.

There are a lot of choices now days, and that can only be a good thing for the consumer.
Yeah and it helps to bring new tech to the front and lower prices. I love that. Seriously though back in the day there was no way to get a light as good as the sf2000 or 4000 for the price that it is.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yeah and it helps to bring new tech to the front and lower prices. I love that. Seriously though back in the day there was no way to get a light as good as the sf2000 or 4000 for the price that it is.
Certainly not for the price. I had some custom made units that used an actual 450 W draw early on, they were basic Red(620nm;660nm); Blue(450nm;460nm); Orange(610nm) units that had a few of the UV(410nm) and a few of the White(6500K), but the ratio's were not what they are today. It's the research that drives development, and feedback on performance from the people who know the industry well. Kinda a collaborative thing going on between growers and electronic engineers. At the same time, the diode angles, reflector tech, and efficiency have improved. ie. (imrovements in filament). It's an interesting subject for sure.

Those were some nice units. I wish I still had them.
LED degrade over time, not as much as HPS hoods, but close.

matthewearl

matthewearl

I got just shy of 3/4 p off a sf2000. I actually had 25 plants and 7x sf 2000's. Strain is Green Crack and colas are gorgeous. 12" + long. My house stinks lol. 10w per sq ft and all worked out. Longer veg and flower time but was worth it. I will grab another 7 more sf 2000 and we should be golden for girls moving in.
Nice uniformity and trichome production. Question, how did you get it to grow upside down?

P

PurSaveer

IMG 1918
IMG 1915
IMG 1916
IMG 1912

P

PurSaveer

Sorry, computer isn't my first language. I couldn't figure out how to add text to the photos in a post. The first 3 photos are the kush with early browning under LED at 5 weeks, 2 days. The last photo is blue dream haze on the same day. I'm an LED newbie. Spider Farmer lights seem to cause early maturation compared to HPS. My fear is that this early reddening is limiting the potential of the plants. Maybe the nutrient is too strong?

HighonAir

HighonAir

Hi Everyone,

We are Spider Farmer manufacturer, engaged in indoor grow equipments: LED GROW LIGHT, GROW TENT and other grow kits.
We have global warehouse - Located in USA,Canada,Germany,UK,Europe,Australia,Russia, worldwide shipping available.
We have professional team - R&D, production, sales, service. You can order and use our products with complete confidence.

Our main products:

Led Grow Light

SF1000 SF2000 SF4000
  • Samsung LM30lB diodes
  • Meanwell driver
  • Full spectrum with IR
  • Dimmer knob
  • Multi-connect function
  • Energy saving

Indoor Grow Tent
  • 600D thick canvas
  • High reflective mylar
  • Steel frame
  • Removable and waterproof floor tray
  • 5 sizes available

Full Grow Kits
  • SF light and tent
  • Thermo-hygrometer
  • Carbon filter
  • Fan
  • Flue pipe
  • Grow bags, timer, yoyo hangers

Glad to join THCfarmer and meet you all here. Welcome to freely express your opinions about our products or growing below.
Let's learn and grow together!😄
Hi SF,
Love to know what is a good size light for 5*5?

Top Bottom