What have ya got planned today?

• Thread starter putembk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
putembk

putembk

No FISHON here.....Gonna be a while before I break out the rod....at least at the head waters of the Colo River.
11053224 671710389624875 5292493818930679718 o

Skoosh

Skoosh

Hitting the range (5280 Armory) in an hour or so (58th & Sheridan) (4781 W 58th Ave, Arvada after I drop some mail off @ my (USPS) sub station.
Most 'comfortable) range I've been to in a LONG time.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Hitting the range (5280 Armory) in an hour or so (58th & Sheridan) (4781 W 58th Ave, Arvada after I drop some mail off @ my (USPS) sub station.
Most 'comfortable) range I've been to in a LONG time.
You should try the range at Cherry Creek state park. Rifle, pistol, shotgun... All you need. Plus it's outdoors in amazing CO natural landscape.

Cleaning and doing garden stuff today. Mosquito dunks and filter changes, maintainence work all around. Wife's been out of town for a few and hasn't stopped talking to me since yesterday. When female humans vie for attention vs female plants, the gardener weeps hahaha

Skoosh

Skoosh

I'll give them a try, but when I say 'most comfortable range I've been to in a LONG time, keep in mind I used to be a Class III F.F.L.

Plus having lasek surgery in 1999 left me SEVERELY light sensitive.

I WILL check them out, and thank you for the recommendation, but FOR REAL, I dig 5280 A LOT!

P.S. my aim is MOST DEFINITELY coming back for me, as I had actual groupings today that I couldn't manage 11 days ago, I'd be more than happy to send pics in PM, but as a general rule of thumb, I don't (usually) mix pot and weapons pics, especially on pot and/or weapons forums.
(For obvious reasons, both ways)

Sk
;-)_~~

d0rk2dafullest

d0rk2dafullest

Had to turn off 4 lights in my 6 light room today =(
my window a/c died. i have a replacement. but i have to wait for my buddy to replace it for me =(
now another week and a half with only 2 lights on. have to rotate which lights are on. =(

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
no beans no fishon yesterday...
Been 2 looooong days now no fishon..
so after brief chores will hit it for awhile.
To get access to main river one must wade across a branch river.
this time of year its not crossable so I boat across, keeps others out of my spot in the Soc. Security hole, named for old farts who do not wish to hike. Was down there Sunday 2 fellas were there yanking in fish one fella landed a monster...
Overlooked hole I have hit it for an hour or so and slayed them....
Hope you all have a great day. Live it up...
Time now to drop the Cosby kids off at the pool, they are knocking at the door....

putembk

putembk

Happy Fried day.... Today I will do all necessary gardening first thing. Then wash car/truck, mow lawn and make the usual weekend deliveries. Why does everybody wait until Friday....got first call while I was still in bed.....Think ahead....
Weekend is here and my basketball bracket has been destroyed so it isn't all that interesting now....will still watch but have no favorite teams left.
Sure wish the snow would melt in the high country and the bugs would start to hatch so I could go FISHING!!!
Be well all and have a great weekend.

Skoosh

Skoosh

I drove up to Red Rocks, and met this guitar player-type person from Boulder
He's SMP3000 on You Tube, and he's a pretty adept guitarist (and seriously, I KNOW what good' is
(I personally prefer his covers, but I'll start with an original because I'm a musician.)
(Also, I'll only put this one embed in this thread, I'll put the rest of his stuff in 'What Are You Listening To?')
(more apropos)

Skoosh

Skoosh

We drove up to Red Rocks (and burned out the starter in our Jeep in the process)

(AAA all the way!)

I walked down (to the stage) and took the last pic from a drummer's perspective only to find out once I got back to the top, that I should've gone into the back stage area, where EVERYONE has left their signature (for me, Jimi Hendrix's signature is worth the drive back up & walk down, and then back up.

Sorry about the glare, it was 4:30-5:00pm, so it looks like sunrise or 6:00-7:00pm might be a better time to take pictures from the stage (or who knows? maybe 'high' noon might work...)

Joz rexx red rocks d 3 27 2015
Joz rexx red rocks a 3 27 2015
Joz rexx red rocks c 3 27 2015
Joz rexx red rocks b 3 27 2015
Red Rocks 3 27 2015 drummer perepsctive

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Chores, then chill...
Got a birthday party later in the day. will be a lot of drinking going on I am sure.
Got my plan. Show up early and leave early. Is always interesting to watch folks who drink. Most can moderate and I have no problem with that. It is interesting to watch how folks handle it. Makes me remember how stupid folks get when they over do and If I see that am out of there.
Beautiful spring day, fall and spring my favorite time of year.
got lots done in garden, wifey happy, so tomorrow will hit river, hike up and it will be no doubt a FISHON day...
Life is good....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
We drove up to Red Rocks (and burned out the starter in our Jeep in the process)

(AAA all the way!)

I walked down (to the stage) and took the last pic from a drummer's perspective only to find out once I got back to the top, that I should've gone into the back stage area, where EVERYONE has left their signature (for me, Jimi Hendrix's signature is worth the drive back up & walk down, and then back up.

Sorry about the glare, it was 4:30-5:00pm, so it looks like sunrise or 6:00-7:00pm might be a better time to take pictures from the stage (or who knows? maybe 'high' noon might work...)

View attachment 497965 View attachment 497966 View attachment 497967 View attachment 497968 View attachment 497969
Right down there in front of the mixer, 3rd row dead center are our seats, requires showing up at 6am to get in line. My friend shows up, I buy his ticket, beers, supply weed and bring food, win win for all....
Red rocks, nothing comes close to the sheer beauty and sound, IMo the world's best....

starr

starr

I went too an Om show there many years back. Al played from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. the sound was so unreal the air was getting pulled out of my lungs from the pressure of the sound getting thrown around. I had taken 4ho lsd and molly so my body felt like a tuning fork and the colors bouncing around off the rocks was truly a mindfuck. Fucking unreal.

putembk

putembk

I live 10 min from Red Rocks....I was at the Jethro Tull concert in the 60's when the police gassed the crowd outside trying to get in. The wind shifted and came into the concert. The banned rock concerts for years after that. Now the residents of Morrison are complaining about the noise. The new music really pours on the bass and it will rattle the residents windows for a mile or so.
Beautiful day here. Going to visit my daughter who lives out by the airport. She is fixing us a late lunch and the son in law will provide the smoke....really mine. Gonna be a great day.
Be well all.

Skoosh

Skoosh

@putembk:
We must be neighbors then.
Please feel free to hit me up (Unless, of course you're one of the 3 people on EARTH, who hate me.) (In which case, I STILL bid you peace.)

@chickenman:
I'm TOTALLY down to help you defray your costs on that matter.

I haven't seen much that grabs my interest on this year's schedule though.

Spring/fall may be YOUR favorite times of year, but I moved to Tucson AZ from Chicago so I didn't have to ever be cold.
(I moved here for the weed, but that's a long, long story.)

Sk
;-)_~~

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Hey chickenman i noticed sunset magazine has a nice little write up this month on your beloved black canyon of the gunnison.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Mornin and happy Sunday farmers/friends. Got the dew list to work on as momma's been on my azz for 3 days now. Then some general groom chores. When done with roll up a fatty of Cornbread and chill. peace

Top Bottom