What's the deal with genetics?

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ponky

Ponky

yeah, we're doing pretty much the same thing, i'm probably just using a larger space.
In the larger curing room we use hangers and AC and a dehumidifier.. and then they trim it and bag it. I voted for venting. But it does also work. The AC does draw some air out of the room. It's about 2 car sized. 12' high. And there are several large fans also. Everyone I know does it a different way. No conformity whatsoever. Fresh air in and out I say.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

I don't see how it can hurt it. But a smoke taste will let you know. I just use oxygen absorbers. No curing packs. And when a load has the curing packs we have to pluck them all out. And some guys hate them. I don't know what that's all about.
the humidity packs zap the flavor and smell over time, but they don't decrease potency
leading 2-way humidity packs

ChesterCheeba

ChesterCheeba

I was in a similar pickle several years ago, and it boiled down to bad genetics honestly. I popped enough seeds until I found a few winners and started from there breeding. Fire in, fire out as they say. Just bc two powerhouse strains combine doesn’t mean the progeny will be any good, but it does stack the odds so to speak. Good luck.

Ponky

Ponky

I was in a similar pickle several years ago, and it boiled down to bad genetics honestly. I popped enough seeds until I found a few winners and started from there breeding. Fire in, fire out as they say. Just bc two powerhouse strains combine doesn’t mean the progeny will be any good, but it does stack the odds so to speak. Good luck.
Yeah its like apples. Super hard to get a tree worth cloning.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

yeah, I didn't expect 6/10 to be gold or anything, just hoped for better odds than i'm getting for sure. Even when the odds are bad, they should NEVER be so bad you don't even feel it. That's called getting ripped off

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Breeders I've seen the most winners from the last year or so would have to be Archive, symbiotic genetics, Dragons Flame and Sin City. But I have also heard great things about Humboldt.

But I'm with you, I sure don't get high like I used to from many strains these days. I think I've fried my cannabinoid receptors.

Last edited:
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Breeders I've seen the most winners from the last year or so would have to be Archive, symbiotic genetics, Dragons Flame and Sin City. But I have also herd great things about Humboldt.

But I'm with you, I sure don't get high like I used to from many strains these days. I think I've fried my cannabinoid receptors.
I like to think it's just tolerance, but there's more to it than that. Cause when I do come across some fire or see it in a grow it's night and day difference, definitely fsr from in-between. I think a lot of breeders get too big for their britches and start cutting corners and then we have to re-focus...but like I said, i'm new to these seeds, always used bag seed before and honestly my bag seed turned out better than some of what i've purchased from those guys I mentioned. I considered Mephisto but they only have autos and i've been hearing about Humboldt's org. since the 90's, but I heard they got shut down years ago and people were confusing them with another company and getting bad genetics. All it takes really is a breeder that actually cares what he's doing, BAM no BS over-clones

ChesterCheeba

ChesterCheeba

I feel ya, I took a chance on Archive years ago and I’ve never been disappointed. The first few phenos of Face-Off I grew out all blew my top off. Been a fan of Archive ever since. Have a few packs of Dragons flame that I haven’t popped yet so verdict is still up in the air.
Breeders I've seen the most winners from the last year or so would have to be Archive, symbiotic genetics, Dragons Flame and Sin City. But I have also herd great things about Humboldt.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I feel ya, I took a chance on Archive years ago and I’ve never been disappointed. The first few phenos of Face-Off I grew out all blew my top off. Been a fan of Archive ever since. Have a few packs of Dragons flame that I haven’t popped yet so verdict is still up in the air.
Archive comes out on top for everyone I know that grows their gear. It's seriously impressive stuff. They know what they're doing for sure.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Why's that funny? Should I know who this guy is?
Not really mate if u haven’t been on here before I just liked the don’t u know who I am line is all but yea he is the man who runs the show I’m pretty sure so def take his advice👍

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Not really mate if u haven’t been on here before I just liked the don’t u know who I am line is all but yea he is the man who runs the show I’m pretty sure so def take his advice👍
lol. He's a moderator, couldn't tell you what kind of show he's running but his experience level is obviously one of the higher ones. I think about two pages of this so far is sort of redundant but if the Humboldt's turn out okay, it won't matter. Like I said, worst-case i've got probably 600 seeds to hit or miss with

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

lol. He's a moderator, couldn't tell you what kind of show he's running but his experience level is obviously one of the higher ones. I think about two pages of this so far is sort of redundant but if the Humboldt's turn out okay, it won't matter. Like I said, worst-case i've got probably 600 seeds to hit or miss with
Should be able to find a good pheno out of 600 seeds mate good luck👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom