CannaGranny’s Corner a Thread for General BS and Good Will

• Thread starter CannaGranny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I don't want to get into bragging about driving......... but ..........I've driven over a million miles in through and around 30 states 22 countries and all 10 Canadian provinces...I've had a few speeding tickets commuting when I was younger and a few fender benders none what I would consider my fault...insurance companies differed. I drive with the flow or in gaps in traffic.& .I'm not beyond passing a line of cars to get around incompetent drivers....I still have fun driving and put my tires to the test around some favorite on ramps to my wife's chagrin.

You want to have some real fun driving? Try Mexican cities or the Dominican Republic...wow that was fun...edit I should add L.A, Washington DC & NYC to that list of fun / nightmare drives
Ive driven in NYC once, never again, ill take a bus down out of albany, and walk once there cause forget taxis.

Mothman

Mothman

…once I was in a bikini so that might have helped 🤣 That won't help me now though, my mom boobs don't have the same effect as my 20 something boobs did. 🤣
You just need to find more “seasoned” peace officers who will appreciate what you have!

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Ive driven in NYC once, never again, ill take a bus down out of albany, and walk once there cause forget taxis.
We only drive in the city to pick up and return the car. We only travel on Tuesdays - Thursdays before noon. Push it beyond that and it can be an hour or two just getting to the tunnel...

TSD

TSD

You forgot fishing, target shooting, hiking & off-roading. (Bike or cage.)

Maybe a good Rye at the fire at last smoke. 💨🥃
Well I hike a lot, that's included in outdoor adventures. I fish occasionally, but I always feel bad for the fish. 🤣 We have nice brown and rainbow trout in our river, but neither of us like trout and catching them for no reason seems pointless. 🤷‍♀️

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Hibiscus? Look like day lily blooms to me, but I dunno.
45AF1438 46BF 45DC B894 B548DA5A8D73

All the rest of the pics are on the old phone but this pic of a pic shows the plant.

Wife took the pic of the light flowers. She swears it is. We don’t have day lily? 🤷‍♂️

This is one from the other phone.
B1434C25 9282 4D0C B8C0 A80FC3CB0BDE

Most likely a before picked and after as they are same day.

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

Feel like crap today. Still sore and achy.

Need to get some nutes soon for the clones. Tents all set for transplants.

Now I just have to shovel a path to the garage door and get the soil.

Or... take Willow and go back to bed! #MondaysSuck

TSD

TSD

View attachment 1337690

All the rest of the pics are on the old phone but this pic of a pic shows the plant.

Wife took the pic of the light flowers. She swears it is. We don’t have day lily? 🤷‍♂️

This is one from the other phone.
View attachment 1337691

Most likely a before picked and after as they are same day.
I have a perennial hibiscus, always the last to pop up and makes me think it's finally dead every year lol. Never knew perennial hibiscus were a thing in zone 4 till I saw this variety at a friend's camp and had to hunt one down. Blooms are bigger than my hands.
20220827 100428
20220827 102545

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

I have a perennial hibiscus, always the last to pop up and makes me think it's finally dead every year lol. Never knew perennial hibiscus were a thing in zone 4 till I saw this variety at a friend's camp and had to hunt one down. Blooms are bigger than my hands. View attachment 1337772View attachment 1337773
I know the low growing ones can come back but believe the ones they make into trees aren’t able to handle or winter. But if wifey wants a plant my job is to make her happy. 🤷‍♂

Very nice. They do seem to flower even over leaf production often.

We have ours amidst the same green/white ground cover. Previous owners had English garden style everywhere. This and lambs ear was all over. Lambs ear died out over the years. (Wifey prunes with a lawnmower!🤦‍♂️)

TSD

TSD

Broken at 38??? How intense were these service calls 🤣 🤣 🤣
You don't wanna know🤣
I lived at the Mountain skiing my entire child and teenage years, and we did a lot of dumb shit, so my knees are sorta trashed, nerve damage on my right shoulder/scapula from an old injury that I recently pissed off again. I do a lot of physical outdoor stuff, plus all the gardening... just getting old. I would be ok in a tent, just tented with my son last summer. I've hiked 10 plus miles, pitched a tiny tent, then hiked back down the next day.... hubs got hurt at work pretty bad, lost his job, fighting with state for years to get paid, 6 surgeries deep, constant pain, nerve damage, 12 inch metal plate in his arm... plus he has a cpap for sleep apnea... so his tenting days are over... he has a hard time getting comfortable to sleep in our bed, the camper is even too much after a few days. Life's a real cunny sometimes 🤣

TSD

TSD

I know the low growing ones can come back but believe the ones they make into trees aren’t able to handle or winter. But if wifey wants a plant my job is to make her happy. 🤷‍♂

Very nice. They do seem to flower even over leaf production often.

We have ours amidst the same green/white ground cover. Previous owners had English garden style everywhere. This and lambs ear was all over. Lambs ear died out over the years. (Wifey prunes with a lawnmower!🤦‍♂️)
Yeah my mother in law gave me a tree hibiscus as a mother's day gift one year, it lived for about 4 years, outside in summer, inside in winter, and if I took care of it well, it gave us a nice midwinter bloom... but it made a giant mess, always dropping leaves because it's so dry in winter with a pellet stove and they like high humidity, being tropical. Then it had some weird pest that I took care of, then it finally met it's end when my husband decided to spray all the leaves with the hose in the midday sun on a 95 degree day and fried them. They all turned white, fell off... she did not recover from that abuse... but he learned a valuable lesson that day about when and how to water shit. 🤣

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

The green and white is actually the Hibiscus foliage, she's a big girl, and a variegated variety, so still pretty before and after blooming, but she blooms for a long time, like close to 2 months I'd say.
Neat. Ours only had dark green leaves.

This is a crappy pic of pic with that green/white foliage. It spreads everywhere if unchecked. (Like our lily of the valley.) It under the Oregon Grape.
7B0093DB 1497 48DF 89F9 0C203F7D73C2

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Feel like crap today. Still sore and achy.

Need to get some nutes soon for the clones. Tents all set for transplants.

Now I just have to shovel a path to the garage door and get the soil.

Or... take Willow and go back to bed! #MondaysSuck
You have a cold? Either way feel better. Maybe knock of the things that need it......and the bed/Willow thing.... ;)

Zen_Seeker

Zen_Seeker

You have a cold? Either way feel better. Maybe knock of the things that need it......and the bed/Willow thing.... ;)
Don’t think so but didn’t do anything but the tent and a bit of shoveling. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe bending over the tub washing soft pots. 🤔

Willow has 3 settings; crazy/play, food focus, off. It’s a circular dial that doesn’t need to go in any specific order or time period.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Don’t think so but didn’t do anything but the tent and a bit of shoveling. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe bending over the tub washing soft pots. 🤔

Willow has 3 settings; crazy/play, food focus, off. It’s a circular dial that doesn’t need to go in any specific order or time period.
Rest days are good too. For both of you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom