Grow log : Santa Cruz Mountains

• Thread starter Baylife
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Supercharge

Supercharge

Organic is where it's at. Nice to know when smoking or eating it, that it hasn't been poisoned with synthetic shit and heavy chems. Growing out in the mountains like that too, got to be good for your health bro!

Got much of a community around you? I've like to move to somewhere more rural, but just wonder how'd I go without a network of friends around. Can be hard meeting likeminded folk when the population density is sparse.

Baylife

Baylife

Organic is where it's at. Nice to know when smoking or eating it, that it hasn't been poisoned with synthetic shit and heavy chems. Growing out in the mountains like that too, got to be good for your health bro!

Got much of a community around you? I've like to move to somewhere more rural, but just wonder how'd I go without a network of friends around. Can be hard meeting likeminded folk when the population density is sparse.

Yea man I'm around Felton and Ben lommand. There's a huge sense of community up here; everyone's got each other's back. And the cool thing about Santa Cruz is it is hard to really be that rural. San Jose is still about an hour to 1.5 away regardless how far into the cuts u live. I like nightclubs and socializing so I couldn't move up to mendo like some of my friends did. I need to live a certain distance from San Fran cause I'm really into the bass music scene.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
@seamadien It's never too late! Haha it's kinda like quitting ciggerrettes. As long as water pressure is good all you need is 4 gallon per hour flag drippers. I did 5 per 300. 4 per 200. And I'm gunna add some 2 per or hour or a couple 1 per gallons as they grow.
I use from between 1/2gal-2gal per hour drippers, our well won't support that much demand. Drip tape uses extremely low pressure rates, which is why I'm considering the switch to that. I just don't know how difficult it would be to get the drip we have converted to tape.

Supercharge

Supercharge

Yea man I'm around Felton and Ben lommand. There's a huge sense of community up here; everyone's got each other's back. And the cool thing about Santa Cruz is it is hard to really be that rural. San Jose is still about an hour to 1.5 away regardless how far into the cuts u live. I like nightclubs and socializing so I couldn't move up to mendo like some of my friends did. I need to live a certain distance from San Fran cause I'm really into the bass music scene.

Sounds like the perfect balance. I too am into bass music and getting out with friends to socialize and party, so living deep in the wood in solitude would give me cabin fever. On the same account, hectic inner city living is too much for me. Need that sweet middle ground that you're describing. :)

Baylife

Baylife

The following pictures were takin July 14, 2014.

Most of the above pics are smaller plants in 200 gallon pots. I probably could of done 150 and been fine. The second one on the right is a white nightmare beauty...she was like a foot tall in mid June when I transplanted her. I am really impressed with sin city's white nightmare; especially it's resistance to many types of stresses. I would recommend white nightmare for anyone to grow outside....unless you hate blue dream haha. I'm seeing some amazing growth from the smaller blue moon rocks as well.

Middle row:

Middle row from opposite side:

BushyOldGrower

BushyOldGrower

Nice big grow! The jump in size over about a month is incredible.

Thanks for showing us a couple of my beasts outside.

You deserve credit for all your hard work. People who resent growers have no idea the effort it takes to be a real grower.

Will you come to the Emerald Cup? Would love to meet you some day Baylife.

Baylife

Baylife

All is good! I will post updated pics soon. I'm in flower pretty hard for some of the girls as of August 9 2014. All the sours are stretching and doin their beginning flower bursts. I'm already seeing some crystals on a lot of Northern Flames.

@BushyOldGrower: I actually purchased a few of this years stock from you at last years emerald cup. I loved that sour bubble flower you had.

Baylife

Baylife

anyone have any cool natural stuff they are using for bloom? I just picked up some jamacian bat guano.

kagyu

kagyu

Sensationals Solutions and Dragonfly.. Sensational Solutions can be purchased in Santa Cruz at Soils Solutions by Costco. Check those out.. dragonfly is a little expensive. Stop in and see us at the Emerald Cup this year. We were there last year. Peace

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey! I have some Sensational samples, good stuff! You can buy online, too.

Top Bottom