TSD *attempts* autos indoors, winter boredom.

• Thread starter TSD
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TSD

TSD

Usually you have to look for them ! They are around - flash seeds and 00 are the first two too come to mind
Well shit maybe I shouldn't have been so fast to off the poor fucker lol. No clue what breeder it was from, probably via Herbie's, so one of like 50 possibilities lol. It was nice and healthy, shame about those balls tho.

TSD

TSD

Well folks, it's been a week since my last update. Shit week weather wise, 20 below for two days straight this past weekend. Keeping humidity up just wasn't happening then, managed to keep it in the 30s with a THIRD humidifier. Luckily we're back to normal winter temps and environment is back on track. She did some decent growing and has responded well to lst. Last Wednesday, the day after my last update, she got 3/4 strength veg nutes with a little added epsom, about a half gallon. Did some lst after she was nice and saturated. Let her chill two days. Saturday I raised the Mars a few inches because the newly exposed branches looked a little pissed, and added a tiny humidifier. Sunday she was already ready for water, 3 days since the nute water, so she got plain water, about a half gallon. She's significantly bigger and was ready for water again this morning, I also didn't turn my heater down so between that and the less than perfect humidity, she's been thirsty. She had water with a bit of epsom this morning, probably half gallon water, teaspoon epsom. These pics are after I watered. The water in the tray is not runoff, but clean water in an attempt to keep humidity up in this goddamn artic tundra... I don't allow that much runoff, and her pot isn't touching it. Also raised the lights a bit more today because the new growth is still looking a little sad. I've spotted one pistil, so let's hope no balls follow... I'm sure there are more pistils but she's very bushy and already a little pissy, so I'm not digging. I'll give her a couple days to grow before I make any more adjustments. I'll probably try to get one feeding of bloom nutes in at least, if she looks like she can handle it. I'm glad I did 3/4 on the last nutes cause full strength would have been too much I think. Hopefully she gets her stretch on and stays on track. She's 33 days from the day I took her casing off and stunted her... so assuming she should go into flower mode soon.

Nice little 3° wake and bake with some Amnesia Lemon and a latte... watching the moon set and sun reach the trees, wishing my garden wasn't buried in like 3 feet of snow.
20230207 073321

Ms. Gorilla Glue is filling out her pot nicely thanks to lst, see the new growth looking a little light stressed maybe or maybe just new? They are at 30 inches and it's only a Mars600, plus my lightbox, 240 total watts...
20230207 113006
20230207 113015
The one pistil that all my hopes rely on lol.
20230207 113242

Back on track for now
20230207 113548

My calendar
20230207 115214

That's all I have for now folks. ✌️

20230207 113039
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Well folks, it's been a week since my last update. Shit week weather wise, 20 below for two days straight this past weekend. Keeping humidity up just wasn't happening then, managed to keep it in the 30s with a THIRD humidifier. Luckily we're back to normal winter temps and environment is back on track. She did some decent growing and has responded well to lst. Last Wednesday, the day after my last update, she got 3/4 strength veg nutes with a little added epsom, about a half gallon. Did some lst after she was nice and saturated. Let her chill two days. Saturday I raised the Mars a few inches because the newly exposed branches looked a little pissed, and added a tiny humidifier. Sunday she was already ready for water, 3 days since the nute water, so she got plain water, about a half gallon. She's significantly bigger and was ready for water again this morning, I also didn't turn my heater down so between that and the less than perfect humidity, she's been thirsty. She had water with a bit of epsom this morning, probably half gallon water, teaspoon epsom. These pics are after I watered. The water in the tray is not runoff, but clean water in an attempt to keep humidity up in this goddamn artic tundra... I don't allow that much runoff, and her pot isn't touching it. Also raised the lights a bit more today because the new growth is still looking a little sad. I've spotted one pistil, so let's hope no balls follow... I'm sure there are more pistils but she's very bushy and already a little pissy, so I'm not digging. I'll give her a couple days to grow before I make any more adjustments. I'll probably try to get one feeding of bloom nutes in at least, if she looks like she can handle it. I'm glad I did 3/4 on the last nutes cause full strength would have been too much I think. Hopefully she gets her stretch on and stays on track. She's 33 days from the day I took her casing off and stunted her... so assuming she should go into flower mode soon.

Nice little 3° wake and bake with some Amnesia Lemon and a latte... watching the moon set and sun reach the trees, wishing my garden wasn't buried in like 3 feet of snow.View attachment 1328364
Ms. Gorilla Glue is filling out her pot nicely thanks to lst, see the new growth looking a little light stressed maybe or maybe just new? They are at 30 inches and it's only a Mars600, plus my lightbox, 240 total watts... View attachment 1328365View attachment 1328366The one pistil that all my hopes rely on lol. View attachment 1328368
Back on track for nowView attachment 1328369
My calendar View attachment 1328370
That's all I have for now folks. ✌️

Pssss ... @TSD

I placed my order yesterday. These will go with a "Northern Lights Auto" and a "Blood Moon Beast auto" my son-in-law wants me to grow:

Seeds for Summer run

Yes, they are all auto-flowers. I was serious about trying to avoid harvesting during a Michigan fall.

TSD

TSD

Yes, they are all auto-flowers. I was serious about trying to avoid harvesting during a Michigan fall.
I'm probably going to do at least one or two autos outside, just to see how it goes. I might rearrange my garden to fit more ladies, I think my second location may be unavailable this go round, so might need to pack more in here. Of course, that means I'd need to dig new holes, which will be full of rocks, which will kick my ass. Might keep the autos in tubs if I do them, haven't decided yet... probably can't put them with the big girls, they'll get shaded out. I keep envisioning my entire garden area as basically one big scrog, with aisles for walking. Fuck the veggies, I'm basically the only one that eats them. 🤣

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I'm probably going to do at least one or two autos outside, just to see how it goes. I might rearrange my garden to fit more ladies, I think my second location may be unavailable this go round, so might need to pack more in here. Of course, that means I'd need to dig new holes, which will be full of rocks, which will kick my ass. Might keep the autos in tubs if I do them, haven't decided yet... probably can't put them with the big girls, they'll get shaded out. I keep envisioning my entire garden area as basically one big scrog, with aisles for walking. Fuck the veggies, I'm basically the only one that eats them. 🤣

You can also eat your cannabis 😁 It qualifies as a veggie, doesn't it? It kind of reminds me of "broccoli" in a way. lol.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Fuck the veggies, I'm basically the only one that eats them. 🤣
Same at my house, so i decided to make 2 plots this year, one for most of my veggies, and one for weed and tomatoes, cause my tomato plants were 8 feet tall last summer.

I would keep the autos in containers, or if you dig a hole, i wouldnt dig them as big as your photoperiod holes are, maybe the same size as a 5 gallon bucket. They dont get very big, Ive also never had one get rootbound before, even in a 2 or 3 gallon pot inside.

TSD

TSD

Couple days late, been a busy week. That's ok, today is day 42, so 6 weeks. She has preflowers happening so she's on schedule despite the early stunting, but I guess that's an auto for ya. No signs of balls, also happy about that. Been keeping the LST pretty laid back, I think she's about as spread out as she's going to get. Might do one more small adjustment before I call it good enough. I did have to remove about 10 leaves total for training and airflow, but only 2 or 3 at a time.
Last post was last Tuesday the 7th. On that day, she got a half gallon of water with light epsom. I also raised the lights a bit.
On the 10th she got half strength bloom nutes, little over a half gallon.
On the 12th she was thirsty again and got plain water, I also adjusted the LST.
On the 14th I raised the lights a bit cause she was looking pissy.
Yesterday, the 15th, she was thirsty again and drank about 3/4 of a gallon of plain water. I let her sit in some clean water I poured in the tray for a few hours just to make sure she hasn't developed any dry spots. She has root tips poking out a few bottom drainage holes, so I think she's been watered properly.
Her new growth is looking a little unhappy, probably on account of me pushing it with the nutes, wanted to get a bloom feed in before it was too late... I also think the light needs to go up a few more inches since the baby leaves are twisting a bit, but I'm at my limit with the strings, going to go get some hardware to rig something up when I'm done work today. A few leaf tips are slightly toasted, so definitely at the limit on nutes. I also added the last of the mycos I had at some point this past week in one of the plain waterings, it says it makes phosphorus more available so I figured it wouldn't hurt. My ph seems to be on the high end, pushing 7, but that's just with the cheap probe soil tester so not sure it's accurate and really don't want to fuck with trying to adjust ph, hopefully that won't fuck me. Feel like it's too late at this point anyway.
So, not smashing this first auto grow, but not butchering it either... here's hoping I can get through flower and actually have something to smoke... mama needs some new buds, even with 7 strains, I'm getting sick of smoking the same thing.... there's only so many combinations you can make lol. Here's some pics from this morning. That's all for today folks, see you next Thursday... well on this thread anyway, I'm sure I'll give my two cents elsewhere before then lol.
20230216 073726
20230216 073801
20230216 073833
20230216 074756

TSD

TSD

Well late as usual. Thursday was 8 weeks. Struggling a bit with the quickness of autos. I know I probably fed a bit too close together, judging by the skinny new growth and slightly burnt tips... but then I think I over corrected and let her get low on food. I did 3 plain waterings and one plain plus epsom after the feed on the 10th. She still had skinny leaves on new growth and a little twisting, so I was thinking she still had too much food. Then she started getting a little yellowing on the upper leaves so I was afraid maybe too much potassium or phosphorus... but no intervienal chlorosis... so I landed on needs more bloom nutes, so that's what I did... still at 3/4 strength in case I was wrong lol. She is making flowers so I figured it was probably a safe bet.
20230224 215742
Here she is on Thursday... yellowish.
20230223 162905

I fed her that night, this is yesterday, yellow is lessening.
20230222 195546

This is today, getting her color back and looking happier.
20230225 101347
20230225 101444
It's cold again, so humidity is a struggle, hopefully the ohm gnome will keep the good vibes flowing. 🧘‍♀️
20230223 155937

I lowered the light to 24 inches yesterday and she seems cool with that so far. Not going to do any more LST, she's in flower and I'm out of space. I did remove probably 10 more leaves this past week because I had to, they were all mashed into other leaves and bud sites. Rather piss her off a bit than have the whole thing go to shit with PM. I had to MacGyver a paintbrush in the side of the pot to pull down one rogue branch that was way taller than everyone else. 🤣 I know they make lst clips, but I just like using random shit lol.
20230225 130108

Not sure how long she will take to(hopefully)mature... just kind of winging this... but I will need to start my outdoor babies in the near future, so I better come up with a plan for that. Have a good weekend folks. ✌️

Gmix

Gmix

Is that a lux meter it’s not a par meter is it. Just wondering how easy it makes it to convert to par or do you do that yourself.

Lush looking plants 👍
I just germinateted my fist couple of autos since the 90s think I’m in for a surprise as they seem to produce a lot more than they used to.
🙂

Reactions: TSD
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Couple mid-update pics, she's getting her flower on, ... now if she could hurry up and get out of my closet so I can start babies, that would be great. I have no idea how long autos take to finish once they start flowering...View attachment 1335484View attachment 1335485View attachment 1335486
In my experiences with autos, the only thing faster about them is the veg period. They take just as long to flower as a photoperiod. Anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks usually. Sorry to disappoint you lol 😆

TSD

TSD

Is that a lux meter it’s not a par meter is it. Just wondering how easy it makes it to convert to par or do you do that yourself.

Lush looking plants 👍
I just germinateted my fist couple of autos since the 90s think I’m in for a surprise as they seem to produce a lot more than they used to.
🙂
No just a phone app... that was from when she was a baby w just the fluorescent, it's higher now.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Thats where i dont get how seedbanks/breeders get away with saying 8-10 weeks seed to harvest. Its not at all possible imo.
It is possible. One of my Stardawgs finished just barely over 7 weeks, could’ve even chopped at 6.5 and been happy. The only thing I missed going the extra time was a little extra weight. But 7 weeks and this shit slaps me in the face. The other one I cut at 8.5 weeks is too strong, shit puts me to sleep 20 min after smoking it

I think it really narrows down on phenotype when they give these estimates. When you find the one that has short flowering and it’s what you’re after, choose it as your momma! But do not expect a breeder to give you a 8-10 estimate and get the 8 weeks on most of your beans.

Not a scientists and these are just my opinions ✌️

Edit: realized you said from seed to harvest..,and yeah I see what you mean. If they’re promoting 10 weeks seed to harvest it better flip right after 2 weeks from being sewn

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Edit: realized you said from seed to harvest..,and yeah I see what you mean. If they’re promoting 10 weeks seed to harvest it better flip right after 2 weeks from being sewn
Yeah this is the stuff i dont believe. I believe there are 8 week flower to harvest strains but not 8 week seed to harvest strains, even 12/12 from seed takes longer than 8 weeks

Latest posts

Top Bottom